Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

The Countryfile forecast should be quite non-commital tonight , no doubt lots of references to uncertainty beyond 6 hours acute.gif....can't wait rofl.gif

Posted

See what?

sorry meant to quote this
Why is everyone complaining of a 'non event' it was always going to be a lighter first band with the second more intense period of rain and snow coming tonight and tomorrow. Seems like a growing confidence for the east as there is an amber warning east of the Pennines for tomorrow

Posted

I'm not looking at anything past the end of tomorrow as there is so much uncertainty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The Countryfile forecast should be quite non-commital tonight , no doubt lots of references to uncertainty beyond 6 hours acute.gif....can't wait rofl.gif

6 hours! I think you are pushing the boundaries with that. :)

Posted

We are bound to moan after all the ramp ups. yes they said it was going to snow they should of said how Flipping little

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

It still snowing here too but light

Posted

Something heavier now reaching SW Cumbria and the Fylde coast, hopefully this might not be quite so light.

still light snow here but very wet and thats 600feet up and in the east of the region,in short i cant see much hope for settling snow here really and thats a definite nono for the vast majority im afraid.

on the other hand the prayer mat is out for the ukmo run as we would get hammered with it,trouble is its 144hrs away and we all know to well thats light years away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Do you know I promised myself I wouldn't get even a bit excited about potential charts, but I just can't help looking and telling myself 'It can happen..."

Posted

Light snow here.

Just got a little bit excited after viewing the UKMO 12z. It shows colder air during the main front tomorrow and makes snow very likley if it came off. -5 uppers at miday tomorrow. Upgrade from this mornings run. The GFS model doesn't agree but chances of snow tomorrow have improved in my eyes.

Edit: -5 uppers showing at more like 15:30 tomorrow, with heavy precip.

Edited by ICETAB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

still light snow here but very wet and thats 600feet up and in the east of the region,in short i cant see much hope for settling snow here really and thats a definite nono for the vast majority im afraid.

on the other hand the prayer mat is out for the ukmo run as we would get hammered with it,trouble is its 144hrs away and we all know to well thats light years away

Yes we all know what the UKMO model is going to do dont we?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=garden+paths&start=94&um=1&hl=en&client=opera&sa=N&tbo=d&channel=suggest&biw=1280&bih=687&tbm=isch&tbnid=q3yGzob_Hfi3tM:&imgrefurl=http://www.gharexpert.com/articles/Garden-1897/Garden-Path-Ideas_0.aspx&docid=PHpYsH16U-ZLVM&imgurl=http://www.gharexpert.com/mid/1124200860718.jpg&w=457&h=500&ei=QeXyUOyyLOSi0QX4s4CYAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=343&vpy=337&dur=1020&hovh=235&hovw=215&tx=111&ty=160&sig=102437397544194926525&page=4&tbnh=134&tbnw=114&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:25,s:100,i:79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Haha lol..... Silly crappy lampost!! Cant see it from inside,just gone outside and felt something wet on my face, its snowing again!!! Getting quite heavy and less wet than earlier! Cant see it from inside the house...

Posted

Trying to cook a lamb dinner here but more pre-occupied with the will it / won't it snow battle, just started snowing lightly here again and 0.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

snizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted

Light snow here.

Just got a little bit excited after viewing the UKMO 12z. It shows colder air during the main front tomorrow and makes snow very likley if it came off. -5 uppers at miday tomorrow. Upgrade from this mornings run. The GFS model doesn't agree but chances of snow tomorrow have improved in my eyes.

Edit: -5 uppers showing at more like 15:30 tomorrow, with heavy precip.

With a breeze from the Irish sea -5 uppers are not cold enough unless you have elevation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Bits of snow mixed in on the radar over the Irish Sea - could be interesting.