Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

GFS 12HZ is a very good run, really keeping the cold in place at least all this week.

UKMO also very good.

GEM bit of a breakdown battle out to T+144, not sure where this would go.

Hopefully the ECM will complete a good model suite tonight.

To me prospects of some snow for most this week are improved after tonight's models runs

Edited by Jackone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Just arrived back in the capital after an hour or so on the M4 (coming in from the East). Had a bit of snow around Stroud/Bath, and sleet the rest of the way. Looking forward to see what pans out in the next few days. Have left a pagan offering at the foot of the nearest lampost, and am considering sending my wife out to do her snow dance once the temperatures drop a little.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Flakes mixed in with the rain here in Cardiff!

Posted

mountain behind my house looks white now,it is snowing but not that heavy,looks like it may get a bit heavier looking at radar but don't think there be much for anyone tonight looking at that radar. and as for next few days who knows what will happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi guys, good luck for snow tomorrow/Monday people! It'll be a wet rainy mess in my parts but it's looking really good for others! Enjoy! I'll be very jealous :p

Posted

mountain behind my house looks white now,it is snowing but not that heavy,looks like it may get a bit heavier looking at radar but don't think there be much for anyone tonight looking at that radar. and as for next few days who knows what will happen.

Lot more confident of snow tomorrow now and Monday as Jackone said earlier Met Office will put weather warning out for Wales soon. Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Can anyone answer my question, its about a possible Bristol channel streamer, I was wondering if we have an easterly, the bristol channel can act as a streamer and bring snow to South Wales?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Took a drive up Caerphilly Mountain. It snowing like crazy up there.

Posted

Can anyone answer my question, its about a possible Bristol channel streamer, I was wondering if we have an easterly, the bristol channel can act as a streamer and bring snow to South Wales?

Seen it happen on a s easterly flow not on a easterly flow Easterly useless for showers unless we have a gale force wind to drag the showers from east UK . Edited by keithlucky

Posted

hi all been looking at rain radar and there looks like a tidy amount of percip on way down through Scotland,i been watching it for about 3 hrs,and it is heading in the right direction for Wales lol. it would take hrs and hrs to get down here if it did reach here but looks like its heavy stuff. again im probs way off the mark but its keeping me out of trouble ha ha

GFS 12HZ is a very good run, really keeping the cold in place at least all this week.

UKMO also very good.

GEM bit of a breakdown battle out to T+144, not sure where this would go.

Hopefully the ECM will complete a good model suite tonight.

To me prospects of some snow for most this week are improved after tonight's models runs

ECM looking cold this week and then set ups High Pressure around weekend. Better than 00Hz run not as god as some of the others.

Byt he way Jamie, if you look under text box, there is an "View Auto Saved Content" which may have saved your post.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

hi all been looking at rain radar and there looks like a tidy amount of percip on way down through Scotland,i been watching it for about 3 hrs,and it is heading in the right direction for Wales lol. it would take hrs and hrs to get down here if it did reach here but looks like its heavy stuff. again im probs way off the mark but its keeping me out of trouble ha ha

Should be the first front that reaches Wales after dark, tomorrow our Snow LOL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Half hearted snizzle in Caerphilly, not sticking as ground to wet and temperature too warm, Ho hum. I have a feeling this is goin to be a big let down. Considering going down to visit the inlaws in Kent for a few days so the kids can actually see some snow . . .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

And snowmadsam might see a Pembrokeshire dangler - he deserves it!

If he gets one I want one too! :-)

Woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Hi guys,

Been working...what are snow prospects looking like in Login?

Sorry ask the will it snow question just need to know for my exam