Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

NW Extra radar is a thing of beauty so glad I bought it...Coast what are the restrictions posting pics of radar grabs from it to keep others informed?

That old term 'fair usage' comes to mind, but I'm not in the commercial arm of NW. If you've paid money for something, you may want to keep it restricted to retain it's value? It is available at a very reasonable cost to everyone after all! (and there is still a very good freebie)

Posted

Morning all, the mod thread once again descended into farce for the 0z runs as the infants were getting up for pre school...

We have at least until next Thursday now for cold and potentially snowy weather - here's hoping the sledges I've ordered come in handy...

It's this sort of weather that makes me glad I'm a 30 minute walk / sledge from work... Everyone ready to 'work' from home?

What I would also say is that people are worried about milder sectors of upper air... Once the cold is in, it would probably stay as snow up to -1/-2...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Please can someone translate the latest on the Mods thread for me. Are things still looking good.

Katie

Posted

Are things still looking good.

Depends what you mean by good...... Best thing for now as I posted a few back:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=will-it-snow;sess=

I would advise all people to buy the NW radar....As coast pointed out it is a very good toy and tool when coming to now casting..Updating every 5 Minutes and giving you the option to put overlays like wind vectors ETC. Please take 5-10 mins of your time to pay just £3.49 to buy it and test out for one month.

You even get a 7 day guaranteed money back promise if your not happy!

So what are you waiting for guys...

nwtrans.pngmoney_back_guarantee.jpgadvert_pic3_satisfaction.jpg

No one does radar like Net weather extra radar!

NW EXTRA! The future of radar

(I take 10% of all sales taken as a course of this advert) (NW extra is subscription or one of payment) (Please read all T & Cs)

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Please can someone translate the latest on the Mods thread for me. Are things still looking good.

Katie

Yes.. snow possible tomorrow for areas south of the M4. Snow showers along coastal counties on Sunday with the possibility of some pushing inland. Potential for some more notable snow Monday night into Tuesday and further snow potential thereafter. Remaining cold - very cold throughout with some sharp frosts. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all, the mod thread once again descended into farce for the 0z runs as the infants were getting up for pre school...

We have at least until next Thursday now for cold and potentially snowy weather - here's hoping the sledges I've ordered come in handy...

It's this sort of weather that makes me glad I'm a 30 minute walk / sledge from work... Everyone ready to 'work' from home?

What I would also say is that people are worried about milder sectors of upper air... Once the cold is in, it would probably stay as snow up to -1/-2...

I rarely visit it, as I've not got time to read through it all and I find this thread to be just as / more informative, but I did like the posting from 'Weather History' there this morning. It just gives a whole lot of perspective.

I'll be downloading a whole load of stuff into Excel, in preparation, but expect to be able to make it in on Monday (as long as there's no potential issue of not getting home) :)

Posted

Hmmm I could try!!

If I don't get to work, hundreds of others don't get to work...........as I drive their train!! ;)

You'll be ok - are you 3rd rail? If so, little point trying unless you want to create fun arcing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Hmmm I could try!!

If I don't get to work, hundreds of others don't get to work...........as I drive their train!! tease.gif

I can do my job from home, you clearly can't but if the trains aren't running do you still get paid?

Posted

You'll be ok - are you 3rd rail? If so, little point trying unless you want to create fun arcing!

I run on both overhead and 3rd rail. More rail heaters in this year but I'm not optimistic!! Plus our doors tend to fill with snow and freeze solid! :)

Posted

I run on both overhead and 3rd rail. More rail heaters in this year but I'm not optimistic!! Plus our doors tend to fill with snow and freeze solid! :)

Worst crapital connect? Lucky you! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Looking like a good wintry spell nxt week.

A concern i have is temps , day time temps that is, most are showing +2-+3 especially on bbc weather.

Im aware colder uppers will be presnt so any ppn would be white , but would it stick? and surely there would be a fairly rapid melt at those sort of tempratures??

{ONLY TO RE-FREEZE AT NIGHT}

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Morning all, First mention of that S word, and rock salt sales begin. Hopefully Virgin will have the Tinternet fixed later,Well they better had.aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Looking like a good wintry spell nxt week.

A concern i have is temps , day time temps that is, most are showing +2-+3 especially on bbc weather.

Im aware colder uppers will be presnt so any ppn would be white , but would it stick? and surely there would be a fairly rapid melt at those sort of tempratures??

{ONLY TO RE-FREEZE AT NIGHT}

I think the BBC like to quote town centre temps (heat islands) and if the snow managed to lie, then with the low sun and the tendency for temperatures to be lower over snowfields, I'd have no great concerns.good.gif

Edited by Steve Colchester

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I'm gonna pay for the net radar but first before I do so will a complete novice like myself be able to read it? Coz most of the time the pics people post on here are all way over my head - I want something that shows snow moving in on Basildon :) cheers x

Oh and i posted last night asking if someone could change my piccie for me as I'm on iPad - can anyone help me? X

Edited by Essex Chelle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Well, the temps certainly went up a notch or two last night and it rained in the early hours. It is quite mild again in Ippy..so, if it snows over the week-end..I shall stand down Ipswich docks with a sign a la Blackadder..thus;

post-17085-0-45825600-1357896304_thumb.j

I'm gonna pay for the net radar but first before I do so will a complete novice like myself be able to read it? Coz most of the time the pics people post on here are all way over my head - I want something that shows snow moving in on Basildon smile.png cheers x

Oh and i posted last night asking if someone could change my piccie for me as I'm on iPad - can anyone help me? X

The net weather extra radar allows you to change the PPN to what is falling showing rain/sleet/snow/freezing rain clapping.gifclapping.gif

And yes you will get your head round it quickly :)

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

I have spent the last 15 minutes in the mod thread, gnashed teeth,thrown toys,spat dummies etc. Total carnage in the madhouse today and the models with the exception of the GEM are not that bad. The ECM has found a new evolution but is still good for short term cold, there is a lot more flux this morning and we still dont have model agreement even in the shorter term which I find incredible. Anyway I'm rambling now so I'll get to the point....... colder from tonight snow potential increasing Monday/Tuesday. But with model volatility post 120hrs and FI around 72 hrs we should just concentrate on this weekend.

J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

I would advise all people to buy the NW radar....As coast pointed out it is a very good toy and tool when coming to now casting..Updating every 5 Minutes and giving you the option to put overlays like wind vectors ETC. Please take 5-10 mins of your time to pay just £3.49 to buy it and test out for one month.

You even get a 7 day guaranteed money back promise if your not happy!

So what are you waiting for guys...

nwtrans.pngmoney_back_guarantee.jpgadvert_pic3_satisfaction.jpg

No one does radar like Net weather extra radar!

NW EXTRA! The future of radar

(I take 10% of all sales taken as a course of this advert) (NW extra is subscription or one of payment) (Please read all T & Cs)

have you got a link to where you buy it? i'm in!! lol

Posted

I have spent the last 15 minutes in the mod thread, gnashed teeth,thrown toys,spat dummies etc. Total carnage in the madhouse today

You want to try moderating it.... :doh: