Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 4th January 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Happy Birthday BleakMidwinter! drinks.gif

It is very grey oot today! Anyone else been watching old skool kids tv on CITV?

Yes, I have just watched the Fraggles!

I have now danced my cares away and left my worries for another day...

So bring on the 12z runs!

Edited by doctormog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Happy Birthday Bleak Mid Winter. Missing the CITV - has press gang been on yet used to love that ( well the lassie in it whatever her name was weird spelling iirc)air_kiss.gif

Up to my eyeballs in paint decorating,..Wonder if the good lady will be pleased when she sees the feature wall decked out in a Greenland high and a raging easterly off Wetterzentrale a la Novemeber 2010. ( settled for the 492 dam colour instead)

12z to begin the rampedes, Please can I order some meridional jet action, some vertical WAA, a retrogressing Scandi high and cross polar flow with no zonality other than reverse zonality please, oh, and a side order of -16 uppers would go down a treat.

Let the fun begin !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Many Happy Returns BleakMidwinter and may this mid-Winter be very bleak indeed in your honour! air_kiss.gif

"Snow had fallen snow on snow, snow on snow;

In the bleak Midwinter long, long ago."

Christina Georgina Rosetti (5 December 1830 – 29 December 1894).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Bleak_Midwinter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Happy Birthday Bleakmidwinter. I'll need to go out and grab some beers I suppose, I mean it is a birthday after all...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Happy Birthday Bleakmidwinter. I'll need to go out and grab some beers I suppose, I mean it is a birthday after all...

Good thinking ss. Have just finished repairing the shed roof so we need something to celebrate. A beer or two would be just the thing before tea.

just a spot or two of rain in the air now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Happy Birthday Bleak Mid Winter. Missing the CITV - has press gang been on yet used to love that ( well the lassie in it whatever her name was weird spelling iirc)air_kiss.gif

4.30pm it's on Lorenzo! Loved it too - I recall the one and only time I had my hair cut shortish to a bob and only time I ever had a perm was in imitation of Julia Sawalha!

Edited by over_the_rainbow

Posted

Thanks OTR, can't wait to see this ha ha ha !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Glol I will raise your ramp of a rampede and ramp your ramp of a rampede to say ramping of a rampeding nature is inevitable......

Don't say that PB I get very annoyed when sarf east steal our uppers but your right its always possible in an easterly feed pulling across from deep Eastern Europe with little expanse of warm water to cross...I will settle for -8 uppers and convective showers.....

So proud of my 2yr old she has been sledging once on Dec 3rd and has not stopped going on about it...every morning for the last week she has asked has it snowed daddy then asks why not and proceeds to tell me the story of how when it snows we go sledging....so proud but it reminds me that there is no snaw.....just promised her snaw in the next two weeks (gulp) just agreed with neighbour who has an unused super sledge on skis with a steering wheel to take the kids up glenshee before end of winter should it never reach ourselves but here's hoping we can do both :)

Some how my eldest had taken my it might Snow on his birthday (14th Jan) as a guaranteed snow day on his birthday :( oops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

WARNING to anyone thinking of taking a trip over to the MT.....for the sake of your own sanity,please don't go there! OR,at the very least go armed with a sense of humour.

Some seriously upset people over there!

Warnings all along of models changing frequently seem to have bypassed some folk.....taking each model run as gospel is seriously bad for your health( especially in the face of a SSW and looking for snow). Honestly,some people will never learn and these same folk will be back tomorrow going gaga because a run looks good!!

Posted

Very calm, bright, benign day today currently 9.0c. Tidied a fresh lot of leaves blown in on the last few windy days.

Young Mr.Northernlights doing a bit of fencing after cattle bed/fed while I went off to see the other woman(Osteopath) as my family puts it to unlock my back which has been a bit tweaky since before Christmas when I bent down to pick up the cat litter at the wrong angle and my back locked up. Now standing tall and straight with a much better demeanour according to those around me. I reccomend it to everyone getting stressed in the model thread.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well I thought I would have tea first then settle down to read the 12z's, expecting great things. Oh dear, I wish I hadn't gone in! Not so much the run not being very good but ducking and diving the missiles that are being thrown. It is absolutely hilarious. Some posters are really going to feel a bit stupid when the next good run comes along! I think Paul needs to put a water cannon in there!

Posted

didn't manage to read much in mt. Toys and dummies everywhere, will try later when the kiddies have all gone to bed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Why is the 12z GFS not showing blizzard conditions for Kent and Surrey as pwomised?!?!?!

crying-baby.jpg

Posted

Why is the 12z GFS not showing blizzard conditions for Kent and Surrey as pwomised?!?!?!

crying-baby.jpg

LOL

Steve Murr's rants regarding the GFS 12z was something else.rofl.gif

And Chionomaniac is still laughing

ECM1-168.GIF?05-0

ECM0-192.GIF?05-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Oh goody! divine intervention.. courtesy ECM! angel.gif Not taking my hard hat off until it's ensembles are out tho'!rofl.gif

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Meanwhile, back in the world of real weather, ie today, there was a lot of cloud and some unseasonally warm air around a bit south of here - Strathnairn to be exact. Went out for family stroll - aka route march good.gif and all of us were quickly shedding coats, hats, gloves & fleeces. Still, it didn't rain!!

Any sign of winter air_kiss.gif coming back soon?

And Happy Birthday, BMW, hope you get the weather you like until spring...biggrin.png

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Jings, crivens and help ma boab that's a stonker of an ECM.

Well tasty from T144/168

Give me a Nor'Easter any day.

ecmt850.240.png

Not sure why everyone moaned about the GFS; the control and op were not exactly supported by multiple members into FI.

t850Aberdeenshire.png

Posted

A Saturday rammy on the models.. Great fun..

Just a wee hint of Greenland high on the ECM anomaly charts.

post-7292-0-26776100-1357416213_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

A Saturday rammy on the models.. Great fun..

Just a wee hint of Greenland high on the ECM anomaly charts.

post-7292-0-26776100-1357416213_thumb.gi

Sorry stupid question but is the Greenland high good or bad thing ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

As we are with the models tonight, a dodgy looming GFS in the longer term, a decent UKMO and an amazing ECM. No chicken counting yet as the GFS reminds us because we do need propagation but it's hardly the form solution at this point.

Posted

It's something you prostrate yourself in front of the altar to.

Edited by scottish skier

A Greenland high is good as it draws cold air down from the north towards us. Air circulates clockwise round a high pressure, so if high pressure sits over Greenland for long enough we end up with air from the arctic.

It's something you prostrate yourself in front of the altar too.

Or happily sacrifice your numbchucks for :lol: