Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rainfall Statistics, 2012

Posted

113.4mm so far making it the 2nd wettest month (June 2007 wettest) since Davis data started April 2004.

What will be interesting is when the COL data comes out-two stations withing 3-5 miles of me and they ALWAYS show at least 20% often 25%+ more than me, so no wonder the brooks and streams along with the River Don are either close to or flooding slightly at the moment.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hey how does fairly dry 155mm go to 160mm as being fairly dry to very wet, or is that based upon that statistically Jan should have had more rain??

Here we have had 120mm so far this April, which is one of the wettest April's on record. However this figure is still BELOW the averages for October, November, December and January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

107mm for the month in Cleadon so far, needs just 6 more millimetres to beat 2000 and make it the wettest April since 1998.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

190 plus so far this month.

Posted

We're at 127.2mm for the month, which will probably be the final figure now. Its slightly down on the 132.0mm recorded in April 2000, but comfortably the 2nd wettest April locally in 165 years as the next wettest is 1969 with 105.9mm.

Posted

135.1mm. We are 9mm off the 144mm monthly record(November 2009) since I started collecting data in 2004. I think we'll get close to that with the front coming up from France tomorrow night but will just fall short of breaking it as midnight chimes and May begins.

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

No I think only a selection of stations

Wettest Aprils on record for England and Wales(mm)

142.6 2000

139.0 1782

135.6 1818

130.9 1998

~125 2012

Possibility if 5.9mm + can fall by midnight it would probably got 4th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Possibility if 5.9mm + can fall by midnight it would probably got 4th.

The 'rainfall day' runs from 0900-0900 g.m.t so the cut off point for April rainfall will be at 10.0 am B.S.T on May 1st. This probably increases the chance of April 2012 making 4th spot, depending on how fast the area of rain moves up from the south tonight and into tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This has been the wettest April in the UK in over a century, with some areas seeing three times their usual average, figures from the Met Office show.

Some 121.8mm of rain has fallen, beating the previous record of 120.3mm which was set in 2000.

A 52-year-old man died on Monday after his car became submerged at a ford near Newbury following heavy rain.

The Badminton Horse Trials, in Gloucestershire, have been cancelled for the second time in their history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17897982

Edited by Gavin D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Up to 195.1mm so far for this month the previous wettest was 144.7mm in 2000. So the record smashed and there seems to be some showers heading in the country as well so may well get another boost before morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Well a very wet April is now just hours away from coming to an end (Thankfully), this April is the wettest since 2008 when 72mm was recorded, final totals for this month should be 94.2mm (no more rain is forecast today) yearly totals upto 138.3mm which is still well below the averge to April

Edited by Gavin D

Posted

Wettest Aprils on record for England and Wales(mm)

142.6 2000

139.0 1782

~138 2012 (up to the 29th)

We'll have to wait for the data to go through the quality control wash but yet another month that has tended to the extreme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

April ended with 191.6 mm here which is 249% of the 1981-2010 average and makes it the 13th wettest of all months in the last 35 years. The previous April record was 156.0 mm in 2000.

The annual total now stands at 372.0 mm which is 106% of the average for the first 4 months of the year. In 2010 it took until July 14th to reach this amount, and until June 24th in 2011.

Posted

The wettest month in my garden since June 2007, April =114.0mm, June 2007=136.4 mm

Posted

A 52-year-old man died on Monday after his car became submerged at a ford near Newbury following heavy rain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17897982

I live near that ford and have only ever crossed it in the middle of summer during a dry spell. For someone to have attempted it with the river Enbourne approaching flood status is sheer stupidity :( it's not even a shortcut route and would only save a couple of mins journey time.

Local station to me recorded 133.4mm taking the yearly total here to 230mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I live near that ford and have only ever crossed it in the middle of summer during a dry spell. For someone to have attempted it with the river Enbourne approaching flood status is sheer stupidity sad.png it's not even a shortcut route and would only save a couple of mins journey time.

Local station to me recorded 133.4mm taking the yearly total here to 230mm.

Indeed Joneseye, as locals we know it quite well. As I understand it, this guy was from Middlesex and you can add his episode to a long list of incidents over the last few weeks. Why do people insist on not changing the way they drive in accordance with the weather conditions? In recent days, there have been incidents at Crookham Hill, on the A34 and the M4 to name but some. As for my rainfall figures, they are slightly less than what you quoted elsewhere with my station having 107.4mm for the month of April. So far, today I have received 8.6mm and counting.

Best Wishes

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Ive recorded 209mm of rain this month here.Thats about 8.5 inches.

That has beaten Buxton Town Hall's records, reaching back 140 years being 206mm in 1920 !

190mm here, wettest April for a long time that's for sure. Wettest month of the year too.

Nowhere near a particularly wet month though considering we average about this in Oct-Jan. November 2009 currently holds my record at 470mm.