Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember Atlantic 252

Who has not even seen a flake of snow yet this winter?

Feel as though I am the only one, I know it is only 12th Dec, and snow in Dec is as rare as hens teeth, but nearly everywhere else has seen lying snow,

not even seen sleet or hoar frost yet in this dreadful location

I haven't seen lying snow, seen falling snow though.

I hate living here.

had plenty of frost....as for snow....emmmmm i'll be lucky living this far south west

But it's only December 12th! We just need to be patient.

I must admit the outlook for the next week or so is not too great from a snow perspective, but that will change eventually. Remember: many of the epic snow events of the past didn't get underway until well after the start of January.......

Bish

Not had any Snow here as yet,it had been forecast twice but both times rained instead!!.Quite annoying really as literally 20 miles north of here people have been Skiing in the Peaks!!

I don't think the south west has had snow yet which aint unusual

4th Nov, a few places in SW saw a reasonable fall, not just a few flakes

4th Nov, a few places in SW saw a reasonable fall, not just a few flakes

Where was that? high ground, low levels or both?

Had some sleet last Thursday Night but that's it, nothing else this year bar that one day in February and even that turned back to rain.

Amazing that we may end the year with just one day of falling/settling snow!

snow? What snow! It gets my goat when some peeps say most parts of the country had snow this winter, well i haven't seen any snow yet and yes parts of the country have had snow these r the usial places nothing uncommen about that.

I haven't seen a single snowflake since December of last year, could this winter be any worse then the previous one I wonder, watch this space and don't be surprised if it is.

Had some snow on the ground every day since 1st Dec in the hills of NW Durham....interesting regional comparisons for sure!

No snow here since December 2010.

Nothing unusual about that, though.. prior to Feb 2009, we had one single instance of lying snow this century - the thundersnow of Jan 28th 2004.

No snow in Preston - which isn't unusual. If you discount the pathetic half a day dusting we managed last winter we haven't had any snow since December 2010 - again not unusual.

Where was that? high ground, low levels or both?

Bath saw a lot even where i was i saw some and i am 78msl

Only in the peak district nothing here bar one evening of sleet.

Plymouth hasn't seen one, all though it was 2 degrees and raining yesterday so may have had a flutter up on the moors. Would of gone and checked it out but too much work sadly.

A bit of sleety rain so far though higher parts of Manchester I am sure will have had some . I am told that this morning there was some light stuff t lower levels.

not a flake in fact in the last 5 years it has only snowed her in 2010

• Similar Content

• By xSnow
      Look at the size of that! Bigger than usual high.
    • By Jane Louise
      Time for another thread. Please carry on your rants here I'm hoping to see most of you out of here by next year at least ! myself included.
    • By bobbydog
      to save clogging up other threads, i thought i would start this one. if you are frustrated at the models, or like to moan about the lack of cold, or the stubbornness of the euro high or anything else about the weather that winds you up at this time of year, put it in here. say what you like, nothing is 'off topic' but be aware of forum rules- no abuse or personal comments!
      here's mine- i wish people would stop writing off winter before its happened! we all know the models can be frustrating and not show us what we want to see but thats what they do! we also know they can suddenly change without warning. the other side of the coin is, they can sometimes be right. we may get a mild winter but its not the end of the world! (that comes next year lol) just enjoy the weather, whatever it throws at us, and if its boring, enjoy something else!
      Rob