Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Cancel that! Some sort of problem with the temp sensor. Temp is falling during showers but not as much as thought although the showers are of hail and blustery. I suspect interference to the wirelss signal. Sorry folks, false alarm. Got all excited there lol.

Edited by Hagar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

9.7oC here and already had a few showers. Not much wind to speak of though.

Started bedding down the garden for winter yesterday, like to tidy up and put away but a long way to go yet. Grass has really slowed down now and will probably give it one more cut. Hubby doesn't like to leave it too short for overwintering. The storm the other day played havoc with our Buddleia which was getting quite large (almost a tree) Not now it aint! Still, managed to save it and it is now secured though somewhat smaller!

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Started bedding down the garden for winter yesterday, like to tidy up and put away but a long way to go yet. Grass has really slowed down now and will probably give it one more cut. Hubby doesn't like to leave it too short for overwintering. The storm the other day played havoc with our Buddleae (sp)? which was getting quite large (almost a tree) Not now it aint! Still, managed to save it and it is now secured though somewhat smaller!

Bedding down??? We never got ours going! I think I have had the lawn mower out 4 times all summer (using the term loosly)

Sun is out but lots of angry clouds around. Weekend looking not half bad for a change.

Posted

Bedding down??? We never got ours going! I think I have had the lawn mower out 4 times all summer (using the term loosly)

Sun is out but lots of angry clouds around. Weekend looking not half bad for a change.

That really surprises me C. At one stage we were having to mow every 3 days! Put it down to all the water. Our plants are mostly herbaceous and when they start to decay they all go kind of slimey, so we like to cut them back. Begonias are a lot of work because they have to be lifted, cleaned off and dried before you can store them and that takes about 3 weeks start to finish. Funnily enough they were the only plants that were really beautiful this year. I plant them in my window boxes and tubs. They are just too expensive to replace every year so hence the effort to keep them.

Wind starting to pick up a bit here and, like you, sky is very dark and angry looking. Hoping for a better afternoon.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Temporary car wash conditions right now at Riccarton nr Ed Airport.

Some heavy shower bands sweeping in from the NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Random spotting off and on all day here, though has never really got going and has been interspersed with sunshine.

Need to tackle the garden this weekend too, time to pack away the garden furniture and BBQ (which was used once in May search.gif ). I'm not sure if the grass will even need one more cut - don't think its grown much since its last trim.

Posted
http://durotrigan.bl...ecast-will.html I thought this was quite an interesting read. Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Were those the days on which temps exceed 10C, Cheggars? It sounds as bad a 1993 was, in Glenurquhart!

Posted

Were those the days on which temps exceed 10C, Cheggars? It sounds as bad a 1993 was, in Glenurquhart!

Aye, we just never got going here, think it's a combination of gash weather, and heavy clay soil. In progress with drainage and sanding, but going to be a few years yet.

Rasberries and Strawberries were not too bad, but flwering plants really minimal.

Posted

Aye, we just never got going here, think it's a combination of gash weather, and heavy clay soil. In progress with drainage and sanding, but going to be a few years yet.

Rasberries and Strawberries were not too bad, but flwering plants really minimal.

I feel your pain. '93 was bad enough, but this year sounds truly dire!

Posted

Bright with occasional showers today maximum of 14c and currently 5c. Last load of barley off today and wintering sheep from the west coast arrived today so winter routine almost established. Will try to tidy up garden and plant new strawberry beds over weekend and next week while watching remainder of cows calve over the garden wall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Temporary car wash conditions right now at Riccarton nr Ed Airport.

Some heavy shower bands sweeping in from the NW.

Good to read of snow showers passing through today and some heavy downpours today.

At work our building is like a tin can in the rain. One of my colleagues turns to the other and says.

'Is that the Rain ?'.

I wondered how someone of nearly 30 years of age could happen to not have ever experienced what rain was..

- no dear, It's a monsoon of Skittles.

This was then topped by, 'oh you are going to get wet the next time you go outside.'

Had to go for a walk at that point...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

So what about all this stuff I'm reading about an "arctic blast" next week ?

Posted

Much better day, but very breezy. Topped 13C while over at Caithness Glass in Crieff, back to 11C when got home, and now down to 9C. Looking a little wet tomorrow again.

Posted

http://www.express.c...last-on-the-way

Middle of the month expectation would be nice, but the phrase "pinch of salt" springs to mind.

In other words - forget it!w00t.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
nonono.gifnonono.gifnonono.gif Mid Oct last year it was snowing here - my husband was out shovelling it. I want snaw :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Dreich / pish the morn. Mild 13 C.

If the express says snaw is coming, we can look forward tae a wee indian summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nice and Breezy today..

Found these within the ENSO CFS Datasets. First time they have moved from a neutral projection if I remember right..

Looking interesting for December..

post-7292-0-46826800-1349001495_thumb.gi post-7292-0-55500100-1349001490_thumb.gi