Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk General Convective Discussion & Forecasts, 28th August 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Wet and rainy in Birmingham atm............But liking the look of the clouds an hour or so dowm the road, heading up from Walesgood.gif

http://llanwnnenstream.no-ip.org:8080/

Edit; Tony H's webcam situated in Lampeter

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I hope that mass over the Bristol Channel can make it to me and stay as a good storm! Just had a dark area go to my northeast/north and it looked like it is developing, may become a storm sometime soon for anyone north west of me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Some interesting cells heading ENE behind the main front into South Wales now!

Posted

Got into our local shopping centre a hour ago and the heavens absolutely opened. Went on for 20 minutes too. Exceptional downpour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Friends reporting storms over Carmarthenshire/Llanelli, and Mum reported a few rumbles this morning in NW Wales - now it's our turn in Cardiff....C'mon T-storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Friends reporting storms over Carmarthenshire/Llanelli, and Mum reported a few rumbles this morning in NW Wales - now it's our turn in Cardiff....C'mon T-storms!

I just had some thunder, so its getting closer :)

Posted

Looks like around the rush hour period will be the peak of the thunderstorms around the E Midlands. Stilling building up. Unusual to see such disagreement with the forecasts though.

Posted

Had some distant rumbles as the storm came in and saw one small flash and slightly louder rumble, now its overhead its just heavy rain and seems to have died over me! Why does this always happen? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

It was horrendous driving into work on the M56/M6 this morning - heavy rain, spray, a great deal of standing water and then wind/horizontal rain over the Thelwall Viaduct. That was clearly the front, which to me seemed to exhibit something of a LEWP as it passed through western and central areas this morning.

Now to what's going on in SW/mid Wales, I like the look of that a lot!

Posted

Got absolutely soaked from a passing shower half an hour ago, second shower of the day moving across and heard 1 low rumble of thunder off around the Buxton area.

Posted

Really heavy rain here in Belfast, N.I ... But no thunder or lightning as of yet.

We had heavy rain last night too but again, no thunder or lighting in my area that I heard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The irish channel? LOL.

WOW just as I was writing that I heard 2rumbles of thunder. and another! And now the rains started. Get in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Looks like around the rush hour period will be the peak of the thunderstorms around the E Midlands. Stilling building up. Unusual to see such disagreement with the forecasts though.

Where is EGGW in English?

Had some distant rumbles as the storm came in and saw one small flash and slightly louder rumble, now its overhead its just heavy rain and seems to have died over me! Why does this always happen? sad.png

More than I got blum.gif , well done to you. acute.gifgood.gif

Really heavy rain here in Belfast, N.I ... But no thunder or lightning as of yet.

We had heavy rain last night too but again, no thunder or lighting in my area that I heard.

Hello snowydog, please can you update your location on your profile. air_kiss.gif

Posted

That storm down SW Wales looks like its heading towards the west midlands. Just hope it keeps it's intensity.

Posted

one flash of lightning and one loud boom of thunder - here we go

edit:- gone very dark and throwing it down with rain now

edit 2:- massive hailstone storm here - tornadoes next!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

EGGW is Luton I believe, I always confuse it for Gatwick but nope.

I haven't got the foggiest of ideas how that translates to Luton but there you go, I actually think someone did try to explain it the other day however. search.gif I might update my location to the United Kingdom now or maybe I won't. doh.gif

Moving on and back on topic, I am currently still sitting under that rainband which has now dropped 10.4mm of rainfall and counting. The Temperature has dropped considerably from 17c earlier to 13.7c now. No sferics within the frontal band but plenty coming into Western parts as mentioned by others. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well that was a nice little storm. About 15 rumbles that seemed to all be intracloud So not very loud. Some heavy rain Also. I can now hear another cell off to my southeast. The first cell passed just to my west about half a mile, but has now lost all of its electrical activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Blimey, very active just behind the front thus far I see for Thunderstorms. :)

Posted

Well that was a nice little storm. About 15 rumbles that seemed to all be intracloud So not very loud. Some heavy rain Also. I can now hear another cell off to my southeast. The first cell passed just to my west about half a mile, but has now lost all of its electrical activity.

No more NSC for you. good.gif

Posted

Just had a closer rumble from the cell to my south east, about 2 miles away. The rain has now stopped, but I don't think it'll be long before it starts again!