Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere 2012/13

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

Big 'dollop' across the Alps and Scandi's snow has moved into the Baltic states. Snow also pushes south further into Kazakhstan; keep it coming our way....it's not even winter yet!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh, and we finally have ice cover parity with 2007 (not that that's much to shout about!)

Posted Image

As reported on the Sky News channel:

Posted Image

Link: http://news.sky.com/...all-in-50-years

Its stuff like this that adds to the excitement of this thread cheers. Posted Image I chuffed we are finally arriving at winter and have a chance or two this session of really nice weather.

I'm easily pleased if we get a little snow good and if a lot great. here is a animation of the last two days Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

More snow in Stockholm and Helsinki this morning.. it looks like a whiteout in Helsinki right now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fresh n Funky

By next week we should have snow into Central Europe with temps in Poland set to plummet. It is all falling into place! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

NH cover looking very good indeed. I think I've only been in here twice this month and the change looks dramatic indeed. Very positive stuff! Tomorrow marks the start of winter and I would guess that it's all looking good for a really good winter here in the UK.

Temps here have been below freezing for the past week and it looks like remaining cold for the next week at least on the models.

• Like 1

Posted

Scandinavia is virtually covered now.. just the obvious coastal regions of Norway and the far southern tip of Sweden (Skane) remain snow-free. Snow in southern Germany and the Czech Republic remains strong, and the Baltic states look alright too. Always interesting to see the snow in eastern Europe, it always seems to follow the Russian broder with Belarus/Ukraine!

Posted Image

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Scandinavia is virtually covered now.. just the obvious coastal regions of Norway and the far southern tip of Sweden (Skane) remain snow-free. Snow in southern Germany and the Czech Republic remains strong, and the Baltic states look alright too. Always interesting to see the snow in eastern Europe, it always seems to follow the Russian broder with Belarus/Ukraine!

Looking good. Now, I just want to start seeing a more Northeasterly flow developing in the output. In time, it will no doubt come to fruition.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking good. Now, I just want to start seeing a more Northeasterly flow developing in the output. In time, it will no doubt come to fruition.

as long as it makes it look like this!post-15601-0-66330400-1354316791_thumb.g Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

as long as it makes it look like this!post-15601-0-66330400-1354316791_thumb.g Posted Image

Nah, not good enough. Posted Image

Only the following will do. Posted Image

post-7183-0-69677700-1354375987_thumb.pn

The reality as of the end of Autumn is shown below. I must say things are certainly trending the right way.

post-7183-0-76672700-1354376205_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

We should probably be seeing all of Sweden covered in snow now as its warmest and southernmost city, Malmo, has received a good covering.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Wallop.............take that Germany! Scandi holding strong, snow moves into Ukraine and gains in the Alps. Big ice increases around eastern Canada as well. Looking very positive!

• Like 2

Posted

Posted ImagePosted Image

Wow.....what a day across Europe!!! Big falls in Poland and Belarus, and huge ice gains around eastern Canada again! It seems to be coming this way folks!!!

• Like 2

Posted

WTF!

To add to Poland and Belarus, we have Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Serbia, Bosnia, Slovakia and Hungary!! Europe is entering the freezer again!

Posted Image

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

Posted

WTF!

To add to Poland and Belarus, we have Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Serbia, Bosnia, Slovakia and Hungary!! Europe is entering the freezer again!

Posted Image

Has the thing not updated yet?

Posted

Yes, I just posted the chart for the 3rd of December.

Posted

WTF!

Posted Image

We're still a little behind, but things are starting to shape up a bit like the same time in 2010!!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

We're still a little behind, but things are starting to shape up a bit like the same time in 2010!!!

Posted Image

practically the same snow profile too!! me likes!

Posted

practically the same snow profile too!! me likes!

feel that winter 2010/11 was super to start with but gave up to early for many people to be a 'classic winter' so this year is already shaping up to be better in my mind Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Boom!

Posted Image Nearly all over

Edited by LincolnSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nice to see white patches in the British isles showing up. It seems we are ticking along nicely!

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to see white patches in the British isles showing up. It seems we are ticking along nicely!

I like that comment , Because this winter does not have to be flash

post-15601-0-63130300-1354582529_thumb.j It will get there just ticking along nicely.

Posted

Slowly slowly catchy monkey. People are expecting too much too soon. It's only 4th of Dec' , so as you say, 'ticking along nicely'

Yesterday saw the first (probably) sub -50°C of the season in Siberia, with -50.2°C at Dzalinda; a couple more locations have reported this today.

At the same time, Prins Christian Sund near the southern tip of Greenland recorded 80mm of precipitation in 24 hours - with temperatures sub-zero throughout! Unfortunately they don't report snow depths.

• Like 1

Posted

Here's my first triple showing of Cold Snow Webcam

Cold ... http://coolwx.com/record/ finding a daily low record of -22C at Oulu Finland http://server.gladstonefamily.net/site/EFOU

Snow... http://www.yr.no/pla...ur_by_hour.html

Webcam http://www.oulu.ouka...uirabridges.htm

Also adding some nice pics thanks commerialmotor.com http://www.commercia...ys-biglorryblog

Edited by LincolnSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 70 degree's in the summer, snow in the winter

Apparently Zagreb is getting a pasting at the moment. Should be a pixel or two more in Croatia