Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

A repost from me too from the Midlands and N England thread...

Highlights from my chase today...

It really doesn't do justice to what I've seen today. It's strange but on the camera the visibility looks so much better when driving than in reality.

There was one point when the structure what stunning, like I've seen in the US. By the time I found a place to stop I was under it so missed out on some good structure shots.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The supercell that tracked just south of Sleaford was a proper Classic Supercell imo. Flying Eagle presentation on Radar even having increased reflectivity in the hook echo. (I'm not gonna scream debris ball as in most cases I think it's a different mechanic which causes the increase in reflectivity in this area of the storm). Reports seem to indiate it was on the ground from Swarby to Ewerby at the very least with the radar looking pretty good from South of Grantham so I'd be unsurprised if it was on the ground before then. Not sure if it's the same storm as the one which dropped the big hail in Leicester as there were a few storms following similar paths today..

post-1731-0-66292600-1340906698_thumb.jp

I reckon this is the same storm i saw today between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa?

Posted

Just wrote my forecast for tomorrow for my website, thought I would share on here.

UK Weather Forecast - Friday 29th June 2012 - Issued by Lewis Dobson

Forecast map followed by text forecast

map2.png

Text forecast for the U.K

After what has been a very eventful day consisting of, severe thunderstorms, towns & villages flooded, frequent lightning, hail the size of golf balls, and last but not least, tornados!

Yes you guessed it, the weather is going to be much more quiter during tomorrow.

The unstable, humid air that's influenced the UK's weather over the past 36 hours is now moving away as todays cold front has passed through, this has stabilised the air, and with this brings a fresher feel to the weather.

Overnight tonight skies will clear with temperatures holding up to around 10-12ºc for Northern parts of England and Scotland, with temperatures a little warmer the further South with values of around 13-14ºc expected.

As we head on through to tomorrow they will be showers bubbling up across Western parts of the United Kingdom, these will move eastwards throughout the course of the morning, becoming heavy across Eastern, North Eastern parts of England, where these may turn thundery for a time, with the small chance of some local thunderstorms, although nothing like what has been seen today.

We head further North in to Scotland, here showers will be much more widespread, and there is sufficient energy to produce some very heavy downpours with a moderate to high risk of thunderstorms, although nothing too severe, based on the latest output.

Northern Ireland will experience showers, some of which may be heavy and thundry in nature.

As we head further South in to Central parts of Southern England, Wales, EA and the SE, there is a chance of some showers, although more central parts of Southern England should stay dry, with breaks in the cloud leading to sunny spells.

South Western parts of England will hang on to more in the way of cloud cover, thick enough to bring some spells of patchty rain, the best of the brightness across the South West will be across North Devon, running North Eastwards to the Bristol channel.

Temperatures tomorrow will be generally cooler, with the highest maximums expected to be around Eastern parts of England and Yorkshire, around 18-20ºc. Across Southern parts temperatures of around 15-17ºc, and a little cooler for Scotland and Northern Ireland, where temperatures are expected to be around 12-15ºc.

I will post a flash warning of severe weather for the areas mentioned for thunderstorm development tomorrow if necessary.

Issued by Lewis Dobson

Edited by Humber

Posted

for destabilised the air read stabilised I think you mean Lewis?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)