Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

My second fresh air fix of the day, it's quite a respectable 14.5°C here at the moment, it would almost have been warm enough to sit out in the garden if it wasn't for the chilly wind which is blowing from the West.

I'm hoping for some showers later or I'll have to use the cans I've filled from the water butt to give my new plants a drink !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Still a member of the no storms club unfortunately, seems Im destin for nothing but light showers, still time today for some more convection I guess.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

OMG BEST STORM OF THE LAST TWO YEARS :D

Huge lightning bolts, shotgun earth shakers, fire alarms going off, large hail :D

Posted

I have my fingers crossed the showers developing in this neck of the woods hit me with loads of hail and thunder. Well - a girl can live in hope!

Posted

First clap of thunder for the year

Same here....sadly that's all it was, just the one !

Posted

looks like its been snowing, all white now.wind got up strongly like a blizzard, someone screaming in the street in it, must hurt, never seen such huge hailstones!

Posted

omg o have never seen hail like this in my entire life, now a white out outside, must be two inches on ground, still continuing.no more thunder or lightning

Fantastic good.gif lucky you !!

Can you get some pictures before it melts....I'd be collecting hail stones and putting them in the freezer by now, but then I am a bit sad/odd angel.gif

Posted

Fantastic good.gif lucky you !!

Can you get some pictures before it melts....I'd be collecting hail stones and putting them in the freezer by now, but then I am a bit sad/odd angel.gif

I don't have a camera, but surely there must be more posters in this corner?I exect it'll be on the news later, they like weather stories.

looks like its over and drizzly rain falling so it'll melt soon, amazing to see though.

Posted

I believe it!, we got a huge storm for april today... the like of a summer one!

Posted

Soaking rain coming up this week. Utterly miserable.

Drought....? Oh dear... Just look out the window this week and as predicted a few months of dry weather and the country panics just as it does in 1cm of snow.

Drought tip: with the worlds biggest population china sources its water from elsewhere.

Or

Government: stop letting every Tom dick and Harry in this country and u would never have to issue a drought warning ever again!

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Drought....? Oh dear... Just look out the window this week and as predicted a few months of dry weather and the country panics just as it does in 1cm of snow.

Drought tip: with the worlds biggest population china sources its water from elsewhere.

Or

Government: stop letting every Tom dick and Harry in this country and u would never have to issue a drought warning ever again!

Is this post really relevant to this thread Anthony? If you read through the drought thread you will realise that a considerable amount of rain over a prolonged period is needed to rebuild underground aquifer levels.

Common sense shouldn't be confused with panic. Oh and I won't be miserable in the rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Why should people need to read the drought thread to form an opinion? Personally I didn't realise there was such a thread and I definitely won't be seeking it out.

I'm firmly of the opinion that Mother Nature has a habit of redressing balances. I also wouldn't mind betting that every historical hosepipe ban, or other supply restriction, has not made a jot of difference in the long run. For instance the drought of 1976 ( which was far more severe than this one, despite the hype ) was effectively remedied by a very wet two month period, starting during the August Bank Holiday. No-one was talking about water shortages by the end of that Autumn.

Having said all that, I can't understand Anthony wanting the weather to be constantly dry. That would be an utter disaster for this country.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

here is one from yesterday smile.png

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted

One swallow doesn't make a summer…..it would take months of rain to make up for the past 18 months, or to make me miserable angel.gif

Why should people need to read the drought thread to form an opinion? Personally I didn't realise there was such a thread and I definitely won't be seeking it out.

Well there is....so maybe you should both take a look .....

http://forum.netweat...t/page__st__540

.....and post your opinions in there as well good.gif

Posted

As I said, I have my opinion, which you know. I need no other, as I tend to work things out for myself.

One other thing, the Environment Agency points out the 8 inch rainfall deficit in 2010/11. Of these 8 inches, 3 were from April 2010 and 2011, yet the agency then states that April rain will make no difference to groundwater! Of course it will. Whether it's through water perculation ( okay, not so good as winter rain, due to plant growth, longer days, warmer temperatures etc.) or through less demand from ourselves. The EA might not have noticed that April is going to end up a pretty chilly month too.

I heard a spokesman from the EA last week stating that March had 43% of average rainfall over England and Wales (undoubtedly true) which had followed similar statistics from the winter months. Blatantly untrue, as although the winter overall was dry (low to mid eighties percent of average?) December was actually a wet month. I really don't like insidious misinformation like that.

I'll state again that I believe there is no problem with the weather. It'll redress the natural balance. The problem is more that we are probably consuming too much on this crowded island, given our current infrastructure. Maybe the fact that 10 out of the last 14 years have been wet ones, means that we've been caught out by these last two.

Posted

As I said, I have my opinion, which you know. I need no other, as I tend to work things out for myself.

You are entitled to your opinion and no one is trying to change that..just pointing you in the direction of a more appropriate place to voice it, that's all angel.gif

Sun is out here so I'm off out for a walk before the rain arrives!

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

One other thing, the Environment Agency points out the 8 inch rainfall deficit in 2010/11. Of these 8 inches, 3 were from April 2010 and 2011, yet the agency then states that April rain will make no difference to groundwater! Of course it will. Whether it's through water perculation ( okay, not so good as winter rain, due to plant growth, longer days, warmer temperatures etc.) or through less demand from ourselves. The EA might not have noticed that April is going to end up a pretty chilly month too.

I heard a spokesman from the EA last week stating that March had 43% of average rainfall over England and Wales (undoubtedly true) which had followed similar statistics from the winter months. Blatantly untrue, as although the winter overall was dry (low to mid eighties percent of average?) December was actually a wet month. I really don't like insidious misinformation like that.

I'll state again that I believe there is no problem with the weather. It'll redress the natural balance. The problem is more that we are probably consuming too much on this crowded island, given our current infrastructure. Maybe the fact that 10 out of the last 14 years have been wet ones, means that we've been caught out by these last two.

Don't worry I totally agree with you, it's easy to blame the weather and hide the governments incapabilities. But leave it as that here.

Edited by Eskimo

Posted

Don't worry I totally agree with you, it's easy to blame the weather and hide the governments incapabilities. But leave it as that here.

Agreed.

Posted

just seen the radar looks like we got a monsoon coming in about 2-3hours time if the radar ant thing to go bye !!!