Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted

As people keep saying to me; 'well we need the rain to avoid the drought....' doh.gif

post-6667-0-68545300-1335176395_thumb.pn

Wellies and Sou'wester then today? a054.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

post-6667-0-52073200-1335177187_thumb.jp

It looks like I should be right on the border of this now, although only the lighter leading edge. Still patches of blue sky here, but it looks like they won't last long.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Agreed.

Thank you for your posts responding to mine yesterday.

As for the poster about posting in the wrong thread.I don't need to post in a drought discussion to voice my opinion thank you very much.

I totally agree with the post that says about blaming the weather, I continue to believe that it's the government that is putting this country under water worries with there over crowding of immigrants.

Anymore and this island will sink so we will all be under water anyway.

Also the poster who wrote about 18 months worth of rainfall, do me a favour... We live in the UK for Christ sake where it always rains I'm sure it will take less than 18 months to sort out a so called drought

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted

Rain has set in in the last hour and a half. I guess it'll last here for quite a while now. Relatively light at the moment though.

Wednesday could be interesting, as it might involve a reasonable blow, as well as heavy rain.

Just purchased a full subscription to this site, so will have a play with all the additional options now.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just a reminder that this thread is here to discuss the weather within our region not politics etc, so can we please stay on topic and stop some of the recent bad tempered posts.

I know sometimes there will be differences of opinion but at least try to be nice about it and avoid sniping at one another....

one member has already left the forum due to issues with bickering…..let’s keep it warm and fluffy – thank you angel.gif

Posted

just seen the radar looks like we got a monsoon coming in about 2-3hours time if the radar ant thing to go bye !!!

I'm still waiting for my monsoon - it started to drizzle just after lunch and the best/worst (whichever way you look at it) has been since is light rain - probably not even enough to refill my water butt with the amount I used at the weekend watering in my new plants, I can't see the drought ending anytime soon in this region unless we get significantly more than this.

Posted

I've had fairly persistent rain since lunchtime. Currently quite noticeable where I work, near Chelmsford - maybe 2mm per hour? I think it'll be a reasonable rainfall total by the time it's done here.

Posted

Do any of you measure your own rainfall and what do you use if you do ?

I've got a weather station but I get my rainfall figures from the local airfield site, other than that I just look out of the window !

Ralph James explains the different types of equipment used to measure rainfall at the Met Office observations site.

Posted

I've just looked out of the window and then at recent radar to corroborate, to be honest. I need to get a weather station set up really. Unfortunately having a small garden and buildings in close proximity is not ideal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

God it just won't stop raining, that finger of rain hugging Northern London is affected me and I must have picked up a lot of rain.

Edited by Eskimo

Posted

Nothing wrong with a bit of rain - I've kind of missed it.

I think us lot in this neck of the woods have taken for granted the vast majority of dry days we have had over the past few years. When I was younger (aka the 1980's and 1990's) it wasn't unusual for days of moderate rain during the course of each year. Now days we moan when we have one out of 364!

Posted

Nothing wrong with a bit of rain - I've kind of missed it.

I think us lot in this neck of the woods have taken for granted the vast majority of dry days we have had over the past few years. When I was younger (aka the 1980's and 1990's) it wasn't unusual for days of moderate rain during the course of each year. Now days we moan when we have one out of 364!

I wasn't moaning, I was surprised it has lasted so long.

Posted

Rain intensifying slightly over East Anglia, really will be a wet old night.

Posted

Just to add insult to injury.

Temperatures expected to max out at 26/27c in holland this weekend, with temps only reaching 12c in Eastern England.

Russia and Ukraine will start to see the heat building this weekend.

Oh how I'd love to live in Moscow for weather reasons- proper seasons! Harsh cold in winter with buckets of snow, lovely hot sunny weather in summer

Posted

Just to show there is nothing new under the (absent) sun, I was thinking about the old song by Flanders and Swan about the weather. This actually backs up the view that this April is not that unusual. I'll quote the whole thing:

January brings the snow,

Makes your feet and fingers glow.

February's ice and sleet,

Freeze the toes right off your feet.

Welcome, March, with wint'ry wind,

Would thou weren't so unkind.

April brings the sweet spring showers,

On and on for hours and hours.

Farmers fear unkindly May,

Frost by night and hail by day.

June just rains and never stops,

Thirty days and spoils the crops.

In July the sun is hot,

Is it shining?

No it's not!

August, cold and dank and wet,

Brings more rain than any yet.

Bleak September's mist and mud,

Is enough to chill the blood.

Then October adds a gale,

Wind and slush and rain and hail.

Dark November brings the fog,

Should not do it to a dog.

Freezing wet December, then...

Bloody January again!

Posted

Let's hope the rest of the year follows that poem then.diablo.gif Okay maybe not..

Any thoughts on the weekend? I'm hoping that Saturday may just stay usable before rain moves up from the south later and Sunday looks forgettable. Hoping there's still time for change though.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Any thoughts on the weekend?

I'm not thinking that far ahead, it looks like we have a very wet and windy Wednesday to get through first.....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73101-major-storm-heading-in-for-wednesday-25th/

Posted

I'm not thinking that far ahead, it looks like we have a very wet and windy Wednesday to get through first.....

http://forum.netweat...wednesday-25th/

I'd prefer tomorrow's weather to the stuff we've had here since yesterday afternoon tbh, because at least it looks like it'll clear through to sunshine and showers by early afternoon.

It was quite depressing to get back to a cold dark house yesterday evening, although I did work quite late. It's currently dank here, with only nuisance value rain falling.

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73101-major-storm-heading-in-for-wednesday-25th/

At least with tomorrow's diabolical weather the rain should have cleared through London by 2pm tomorrow, unlike yesterday's mush

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Wokingham, Windsor and Maidenhead & Medway

valid from 0000 Wed 25 Apr to 2300 Wed 25 Apr

A band of heavy rain will move north across southern parts of England and Wales during Tuesday night, followed by heavy and locally thundery downpours for Wednesday. The rain will be accompanied by strong and gusty south easterly winds. The public should be aware that heavy rain may lead to localised surface water flooding and poor driving conditions.

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

windy cold and with, heavy rain since yesterday afrernoon here in suffolk

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Starting to clear away, had rain for about 24 hours sorry.gif

Posted

And to think that the media once again had to over panic the nation a few weeks back over a drought.

I moved into my new house in East London 9 days ago and so far it has rained everyday and my grass has constantly been wet, I hope this isn't a new house sign :-(