Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

A Jackone STREAMER a constant flow of persistant showers given 4 to 6incs of snow thats on order for monday lol.(only for wales)

A streamer would be very nice, but a lot of hoops to go there for that to happen, here's hoping though.

What type of precipatation for friday Jackone in your opinion?

Put me on the spot, why don't you. :rofl:

To be honest rain for most, even though cold at the moment, upper temps look too high, before during and after the event, so not promising at all.

Posted

A streamer would be very nice, but a lot of hoops to go there for that to happen, here's hoping though.

Put me on the spot, why don't you. :rofl:

To be honest rain for most, even though cold at the moment, upper temps look too high, before during and after the event, so not promising at all.

:rofl: agree Edited by keithlucky

Posted

We seem to be in the firing line for up to, and I quote Carol Kirkwood's TV forecast here, "20cm of snow from Friday into Saturday with Yorkshire, the Midlands into East Wales most at risk."

Now that was something I wasn't expecting to hear while sipping my morning tea. Came from nowhere!

Posted

How much is toooooooooooooooo much snow - THIS MUCH?

http://news.uk.msn.c...deoID=1j4hxbpsx

i went to italy once and we had to stay in hotel right at the top of some mountain and that was very bad and very blooming cold, biggest snow i had ever seen at places but nothing like that, how would they have made them walls like that,they looked like they had been cut lol. that is way to much lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Generally cloudy and wet on Friday and Saturday, with east Wales at risk of seeing some significant snow for a time. Probably drier and brighter by Sunday, especially further south.

Updated: 0629 on Wed 8 Feb 2012

Interesting update from metoffice, nothing for us in the west though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Looks like some could get some snow end of the week then, just hope us in the south can manage some, though i think its less likely that the snow we had on saturday!?

Looks like us westerners haven't had much of a winter until now and that its not going to last much either, quite a poor winter from and imby point of view, esp snow wise! Looks like we will miss out and central and eastern areas will get it again! :(

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

Looks like some could get some snow end of the week then, just hope us in the south can manage some, though i think its less likely that the snow we had on saturday!?

Looks like us westerners haven't had much of a winter until now and that its not going to last much either, quite a poor winter from and imby point of view, esp snow wise! Looks like we will miss out and central and eastern areas will get it again! :(

These set ups are always on a "knife edge" ie - the cold is deeper/further west - leads to more snow etc etc - and these situations can always lead to some surprises - so no gloom and doom until it does or doesn't arrive - some of us were well surprised last week - so just sit tight - watch the radar - and then head out the windows stuff once again!

It feels flippin freezing out there this morning - surely a good sign somethings coming round the corner at us - plus I have the usual snow shoes on the mountains round here - again, not much in it, but they seem to be waiting for more of the same!

Wales could get a further dumping from this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Not being doom and gloom but im not getting my hopes up. Story of winter around here any way has always been the case of being the wrong side marginal or ppn has been shifted east, looks to be the same this time round perhaps east wales may get lucky.

Posted

Current Meto forecast for the weekend

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Generally cloudy and wet on Friday and Saturday, with east Wales at risk of seeing some significant snow for a time. Probably drier and brighter by Sunday, especially further south.

Updated: 0629 on Wed 8 Feb 2012

Posted

well im sorry but i really hope the guys down west dont get any snow this weekend as i will be down tenby for the weekend and dont want to be stuck in a caravan in the snow lol,so please snow wait until tues when we get back home.sorry to all down west wales.

Posted

here we go again will it wont it- no the snow has missed us, i feel weve been in this situation before

Posted

so far it looks like it may just be east wales and mostly midlands but again things could change and probs will change,i expect there be a few more people fed up again in the next 48 hrs. does sound like the midlands could get quite a lot of snow in the next 2 days and thats not that far from wales is it lol. right ok when is this rain/sleet/snow/fog/sun going to get towards this are if it does get to this little country of ours?

Posted

i just had a look at a site icelandic met office and it shows the rain snow event to cover pract all ov wales from midnight tomor and until 6 oclock fri evening. it also has a blueish colour in with the green,dont have a clue what that means but there u go ha ha. tried put a link up.

but sorry dont know how to do that lol,it the icelandic met office then click weather then precipitation, and then click the hrs on the botttom of page.

also i dont know if it will be cold enough in our area for snow guys but does look like there is quite a bit ov something in there. rain sleet snow dont know but maybe some guys on here can fill us in?

Posted

i just had a look at a site icelandic met office and it shows the rain snow event to cover pract all ov wales from midnight tomor and until 6 oclock fri evening. it also has a blueish colour in with the green,dont have a clue what that means but there u go ha ha. tried put a link up.

but sorry dont know how to do that lol,it the icelandic met office then click weather then precipitation, and then click the hrs on the botttom of page.

also i dont know if it will be cold enough in our area for snow guys but does look like there is quite a bit ov something in there. rain sleet snow dont know but maybe some guys on here can fill us in?

the latest from GFS - central/eastern Wales/Cymru could get snow from Friday onwards!

gfs-2-60.png?6

Yellow warning now up on the meto site for snow for Wales

An area of snow is expected to develop over east and northeast England later on Thursday, and then during Friday this will extend steadily southwestwards into central and some southwestern parts of England, as well as the east of Wales. Whilst there is uncertainty regarding where the heaviest and most persistent snow will fall, accumulations of up to about 10cm are possible in the worst affected regions. The public should be aware that, as a result, there could be some disruption to travel.

and in my e-mail box

Yellow Alert of Snow for Wales

Yellow Alert of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 1600 Thu 09 Feb to 2359 Fri 10 Feb

Edited by andymusic

Posted

the latest from GFS - central/eastern Wales/Cymru could get snow from Friday onwards!

gfs-2-60.png?6

Yellow warning now up on the meto site for snow for Wales

An area of snow is expected to develop over east and northeast England later on Thursday, and then during Friday this will extend steadily southwestwards into central and some southwestern parts of England, as well as the east of Wales. Whilst there is uncertainty regarding where the heaviest and most persistent snow will fall, accumulations of up to about 10cm are possible in the worst affected regions. The public should be aware that, as a result, there could be some disruption to travel.

and in my e-mail box

Yellow Alert of Snow for Wales

Yellow Alert of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 1600 Thu 09 Feb to 2359 Fri 10 Feb

hi Andy just been looking at the midlands thread and a lot of the guys on there,not from midlands think this event could be rain for wales except for maybe the far east and rain for west midlands but the further east you go the more it be snow? what are the temps for this area at the time the system it to arrive?

from that icelandic site it looks like the heavy stuff will hit wales and it could be either very wet or very snowy by the looks, last weekend from what i saw they predicted that the snow would be newport area and to be honest i had a lot of snow here and still got some in the garden,(im saving it ha ha)

Posted

hi Andy just been looking at the midlands thread and a lot of the guys on there,not from midlands think this event could be rain for wales except for maybe the far east and rain for west midlands but the further east you go the more it be snow? what are the temps for this area at the time the system it to arrive?

from that icelandic site it looks like the heavy stuff will hit wales and it could be either very wet or very snowy by the looks, last weekend from what i saw they predicted that the snow would be newport area and to be honest i had a lot of snow here and still got some in the garden,(im saving it ha ha)

Temps are marginal as I've said - but the meto must think there could be a chance of some snow for us!

Posted

Temps are marginal as I've said - but the meto must think there could be a chance of some snow for us!

Andy looks like you and bloody midlands and s east 10 to 15 cms generally nothing in west UK again.We need again to shift the whole system 100 miles west so even west wales can have snow. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Yes close but no cigar again again .The only thing that may help due to arrive after dark gives us perhaps a slightly better chance of snow.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry
http://expert-images...021006_0812.gif :clapping::drinks: SE Wales got heavy snow on the NAE:) Edited by Wales123098

Posted

Latest NAE - this will be a rain to snow event - could prove to be too wet for any appreciable totals - we shall see

12021006_0812.gif

edit:- snap Wales 123098

Edited by andymusic