Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The students are making snowmen:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/campus/webcam/

Coventry's best fall for years!

Posted

sorry to keep moaning but the snow aint as bad (i mean heavy) as most of the places people are mentioning and yet we have been under the sweet spot according to the charts. dissapointed a little.

SF, it's moving southeastwards so of course us in the southeastern most corner of the region are going to be last to see the good stuff.

Just be patient. The night is still young with several more hours forecast, and there's some heavier stuff on the way soon according to the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed, and some heavy stuff passing through now.

I think we can safely say that no matter what happens from this point, even if it turns to rain, this event has exceeded expectations and I am very happy with it.

Indeed, I think I can say we have won the battle against the mild on the whole. Looking cold into next week too now. :D

If im honest id be rather disappointed if I was in the East right now as the ppn looks a fair bit lighter on the radar.

Posted

We've had abit of everything i think today here, a dusting of snow, well not what i call proper snow though, then the freezing rain came and made it all crusty, now we've Just been out to take the dog for a walk, and it was horrible! Absolutely hammering down with rain here now, and a cold wind with it.... Were all soaked, cuppa tea and pj time!

Posted

heavest of the day here, temps risen to -1.4 from -2.3 so I think its all gone stop as snow then freeze, going to rubbish on the roads in morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

About 3cm here in Wildwood, it's looking beautiful outside and I'm thoroughly chuffed with our snow event...

could be more yet, the heavy stuff over us now, Gord keeps going on about it turning to rain! you know I dont think it will

Posted

Some really heavy echoes on the radar!coming across Brum now?http://www.netweathe...tion=radar;sess=

yeah if you run the radar from 17.45 to present you can really see how that has intensified!! still has my name on it too :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

SF, it's moving southeastwards so of course us in the southeastern most corner of the region are going to be last to see the good stuff.

Just be patient. The night is still young with several more hours forecast, and there's some heavier stuff on the way soon according to the radar.

Exactly, we have a nice base layer for what is to come later. Am tempted to hope for a bit of freezing rain later but it will spoil the snow and my chances of getting to the peak district tomorrow.

Posted

Massive 50p size flakes here now :D coming down nicely to!

Im glad I was wrong on this one, all the reverse psychology worked :lol:

Looking at the current weather reports for the Midlands the snow does seem to be falling slightly more West than forecast. Currently it looks like a large area of the Midlands are under snow or heavy snow. As for the rest of tonight the snow is likely to stay in central area's and Eastern parts. Western area's may start to struggle with things later because it starts to dry up. The snow showers will stay through the night in the far East before moving away by Sunday morning. Enjoy the snow all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Radar looking very healthy for here with a fair bit more to pass and ppn intensifying in general to our West. :D

Posted

5-6 cm here now. Settled everywhere. Still snowing - not massively heavy, but constant :clapping:

Posted

Ermm - I'm not normally technically challenged, but would someone be kind enough to explain to me how to upload photos in a post?

(Went a bit sleety here in Knowle,Solihull, for a while, but seems to have thickened up a bit again now).

More reply options, then choose file (the photo you saved to your PC), then attach, then add to post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Agreed blizzards. Currently go the heavyest snow of the day by miles here. Big chunks and accumulating widely. Im hoping the back edge of the PPN has some lighter stuff on its tail end that spans NW further and then it increases in intensity. Reckon it'l be clear of us by around 8.30-9.00 though.

Posted

Can't complain with 6-7cm of snow, but would've liked to see some big massive flakes rather than millions of tiny ones...

Posted

Looking at the current weather reports for the Midlands the snow does seem to be falling slightly more West than forecast. Currently it looks like a large area of the Midlands are under snow or heavy snow. As for the rest of tonight the snow is likely to stay in central area's and Eastern parts. Western area's may start to struggle with things later because it starts to dry up. The snow showers will stay through the night in the far East before moving away by Sunday morning. Enjoy the snow all.

Its not snow showers though, its frontal/dynamic snowfall rather than anything convective Sean. :)

I notice some people in the East of the region are being a bit unpaitent at the moment, remember the PPN will vary as we go through the night, you only really need too see the green pixels on the radar to have decent snowfall that is enjoyable to watch and get a covering from.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Massive 50p size flakes here now :D coming down nicely to!

Im glad I was wrong on this one, all the reverse psychology worked :lol:

Sleety at best here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

where are you northants snow? it is snowing and settling here but nowhere near the amount of your cam. i'm in town.