Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Temperatures have been holding steady at around 3C for several hours now. It's supposed to get down to freezing tonight and possibly below. I can't see that happening while we're under this very thick veil of cloud.

Posted

interesting outputs from the GFS & UKMO, certainly caused uproar in the model output thread, but whereas some posters say that there's no way the GFS/UKMO can flip so suddenly and verify might need to eat a slice of 'reality pie' because it was only 48 hour ago that there was general agreement that going into FI (t192) at that stage, that the synoptic patterns were messy and if anything the output was leaning towards High Pressure sinking into eastern europe, yet 12 hours later, the models did a 180 degree flip and put us all in the freezer....maybe the output over the past 24-36 hours has simply been a wobble, and the sinking HP previously modeled was always going to be on the cards?

Don't think that Scandi high sinks, AJ. it looks to me it retreats a wee bit. hence the Atlantic steam rolling in.(if it rolls in)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Temperatures have been holding steady at around 3C for several hours now. It's supposed to get down to freezing tonight and possibly below. I can't see that happening while we're under this very thick veil of cloud.

1.3oC in West Malvern, I doubt we'll go below freezing either.

Posted

Light rain and drizzle here now. Temperature of 3c and dew point of 2c. Not pleasant...but comfort in the fact that there hopefully will be some clear and frosty nights to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I didnt expect some sleet and snow passing my region tonight according to will it rain its coming from south east ??

Posted

18z GFS rolling out soon

Will we get undercutting?

Will that pesky shotwave do one ?

Will i have to take my snow shovel back to tesco's for a refund?

Edited by lancs_northants

Posted

Temperatures now starting to fall at last. 2c out there but significanty the dew point has dropped to 0C. Same trend all over England. I reckon warnings of icy roads may be issued by the end of the night as it's very damp out there due to the drizzle...which is still falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'd bank the 18z GFS....cold & dry next week, atlantic attack giving blizzard like conditions next saturday, then a north easterly reload......they don't call it the 'Carlsberg' run for nothing you know!....lol.....(lets see how it stands up under scrutiny...lol)

Posted

I'd bank the 18z GFS....cold & dry next week, atlantic attack giving blizzard like conditions next saturday, then a north easterly reload......they don't call it the 'Carlsberg' run for nothing you know!....lol.....(lets see how it stands up under scrutiny...lol)

Wow, what a weekend of model watching that was! Exhausting stuff! Tomorrow's going to be even more erratic I feel. A bit of a push in the right direction this evening...still got concerns because of the earlier model runs, but at least we're ending the weekend on a more positive note.

Phew! (For now!)

Edited by Gord

Posted

Good news! Don't think it'll come to much though.

I wasn't expecting it here either, so you never know...

The radar seems to show snow approaching Rugby so you may be lucky.

Posted

Well, the 18z say's i'll be holding onto my snow shovel for the time being.

Also, how nice is it to see a blob of High pressure over Greenland,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snowing lightly here too! :D

Posted

Snowing lightly here too! :D

So it is! Well...snizzle anyway. I think things could get quite icy by the morning if it goes below freezing.

Posted

Nice to see some snow here guys !!! :good:

S

Well it's hardly exciting...a little bit of snizzle, there's probably more moisture in an ant's sneeze...but it is there, so thats better than nothing!

Edit: actually, it's pepped up a bit...I would call it 'light' now.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Better than nothing isnt it! It seems some moisture is feeding in from the Cheshire Gap perhaps. Not very clear but there is a separate bit that keeps feeding in by the looks of it. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A nice surprise to see something getting this far east! Bone dry here in NW Worcs, but never mind.