Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

On rain today aswell

i know its on all of them? not sure whats going on but how can it be a system error if its on all of them?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

i know its on all of them? not sure whats going on but how can it be a system error if its on all of them?

The MetOffice run the radars in the UK and other organisations around Europe use the data from them.

Posted

The MetOffice run the radars in the UK and other organisations around Europe use the data from them.

oh ok lol well its def woken me up! cant help but wonder if someone is sat somewhere havin a right old laugh because they know some of us are desperate for snow and just wana wind us up lol

Posted

oh ok lol well its def woken me up! cant help but wonder if someone is sat somewhere havin a right old laugh because they know some of us are desperate for snow and just wana wind us up lol

Looking good for Luton at the weekend dont you think?

Posted

Luton is probably going to be in for a good pasting. Its a lot more marginal for the likes of me in Lowestoft on the east coast!

Posted

Heidi

It is something called Anaprop - Anomalous Propogation

It occurs lots of the time when there is High Pressure, the Radar is getting a false reading and bonucing the signal onto the Radars, usually seen in Summer but this High Pressure is soooo Massive it must be causing issues now

Posted

Looking good for Luton at the weekend dont you think?

yeah it does for a change lol i live in hope anyway

Luton is probably going to be in for a good pasting. Its a lot more marginal for the likes of me in Lowestoft on the east coast!

i really hope we are! would be nice to see some snow at last lol are u sure your not going to get any?

Posted

Heidi

It is something called Anaprop - Anomalous Propogation

It occurs lots of the time when there is High Pressure, the Radar is getting a false reading and bonucing the signal onto the Radars, usually seen in Summer but this High Pressure is soooo Massive it must be causing issues now

Hi thanks for that! well i was hopefull for a while lol but thanks for the info at least i dont have to drive myself mad looking at the lamp post for a while

Posted

Me too! Fingers crossed, just hope that front makes it, lol? Being high up will help, what area in Luton you in? :D

over near bramingham, what bout u? yeah i hope it does make it here too! its gona be a long weekend of no sleep i feel :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

I'd wait until closer to the event to be sure of it, no-one is certain where the front will end up.

I don't think we are expected to get anything from the frontal snow, ours will just be snow showers from the North Sea.

Posted

yeah it does for a change lol i live in hope anyway

i really hope we are! would be nice to see some snow at last lol are u sure your not going to get any?

Yea, we Lowestoftians are pretty certain there's a low chance of snow for us. It happened last winter and the winter before that etc etc.

Fax charts corroborate it too.

Edited by etched Chaos

Posted

In wigmore!! So you will get the snow first! lol :clapping:

lol as long as we do get some i dont care who gets it first lol just as long as it hammers down :)

Posted

If we do get pasted the hills in Luton like Seymour Road etc will be a nightmare. I have friends there and a couple of years back it took us 3 hours to get from the L&D to Stockwood Park lol

Posted

If we do get pasted the hills in Luton like Seymour Road etc will be a nightmare. I have friends there and a couple of years back it took us 3 hours to get from the L&D to Stockwood Park lol

Worried the new fax charts put us too far east now!! :cray:

Posted

I think the radar may wake up again soon over this region, lots of small showers are beginning to crop up off the North Norfolk coast, and it appears the precipitation is following more of a NNE-SSW track than last night. Fingers crossed!

Quite a large area of precipitation over the North of the Netherlands too...lets hope it heads our way.

Edited by Ian Suffolk

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

The precipitation charts still show the snow reaching the far east and the Met Office warnings show this too.

We can't take just one runs results so I still think those of us in the east will be ok.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=4

TEITS namechecking Gt Yarmouth and mentioning patchy snow was a worry but we still have a chance for a shift more in our favour.

Posted

What a load of tosh the weather forecast was tonight on Anglia.

zzzzzzzz

Missed it, what do they think?

I hope we do get some, Especially if the front stalls over us! Possibly near two straight days of snow - yes please!

Edited by Boro_andy

Posted

The precipitation charts still show the snow reaching the far east and the Met Office warnings show this too.

We can't take just one runs results so I still think those of us in the east will be ok.

http://www.metoffice...ings.html?day=4

TEITS namechecking Gt Yarmouth and mentioning patchy snow was a worry but we still have a chance for a shift more in our favour.

I have the feeling that the Norwich snow shield will be in full operation at the weekend. We aint had a good dumping of snow here for 15 odd years.