Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Its gone off again. No warnings available at the moment, Must be another update.?????

Probably just the rubber band snapping

Posted

Ok, we have just found out we get the keys to our new house tomorrow.... therefore sods law says it will snow all week next week when were planning on going over to decorate and get things straight!!!! xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Ok, we have just found out we get the keys to our new house tomorrow.... therefore sods law says it will snow all week next week when were planning on going over to decorate and get things straight!!!! xxx

The things you will do to get out of the snow shield lol. Anyway thats it guys blizzards,gales, 12 to 16 inches deep low level 22 to 36 inches deep at Mrsf16 new home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Wintry weekend in store

2 February 2012 - This weekend will see a marked change in the weather as the dry spell makes way for snow and ice for many parts.

Over the past few days we have seen the coldest spell of the winter so far, as very cold air has flooded across the UK from the continent. Temperatures have dropped as low as -9.4 °C in Shap, Cumbria, and -10 °C is possible in places tonight.

Snow showers are expected along parts of the eastern coastline today and tomorrow, but most places will continue to see bright, dry and cold conditions.

Things are set to change as we go through into Saturday, however, as an Atlantic front moves in from the west.

Paul Gundersen, Deputy Chief Forecaster at the Met Office, said: "As this front moves in from the west it will come up against cold air and we're likely to see a mixture of rain, sleet and snow across the UK.

"It's a finely balanced situation, so there is some uncertainty about which areas will see the most significant snowfall, but at the moment the risk is highest in central and eastern areas where we could see up to 5-10cm of snow.

http://www.metoffice.../wintry-weekend

Posted

Good post and vid from the meto http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2012/wintry-weekend

Although annoyingly the warnings are down, possibly updating, or perhaps this is there way of not having to commit to the weekends weather, just say the warnings are broken.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Blimey MK.. that took the meto a while to get that warning out.. MrCRAZYSNOWFANMAN told me he sent it to them last night - he drinks Guinness btw (-:

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Yep the Meto warnings are still down.

But is does say East of England in the box at the top!

I wanna see it :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Shall we have a guess as to where gets the most snow? I would suggest slightly to the North and East of me - say Royston. Its (relatively) the ground for the region.

That would be a little bit heartbreaking for me as this time last year I was there!

Such as been the rollercoaster ride over the past couple of weeks about the prospects that are now within 72 hours, that I'm taking nothing for granted.

While a relatively small move west, could dramatically reduce our prospects of precipitation while maintaining the cold.....equally this could still end up making it through to France and turning us wet and comparatively mild, as was being modelled by the GFS just 24 hours ago!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wow —15ºC uppers grazing North Norfolk coast and the —12ºCs are making inroads inland — those models weren't joking last week.

I think that's easily as cold as last December and if we get a covering of snow tomorrow and over the w/e, I'd imagine some EA night time temperature records would be broken.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

So it looks as though Lowestoft might get 2-5cm of snow over the weekend. Not very much you might think but it's still 2-5cm more than we got last year.

Posted

Can't wait for the snow and credit to the netweather forecasters who predicted the cold weather back in November. Still miss the Joe Bas tardi reports though as they were always bang on!.

Edited by Golden Hound

Posted

So it looks as though Lowestoft might get 2-5cm of snow over the weekend. Not very much you might think but it's still 2-5cm more than we got last year.

I'd wait until closer to the event to be sure of it, no-one is certain where the front will end up.

Edited by etched Chaos

Posted

I can access the met warnings now. Yellow warnings from now to sunday for ice and then later snow. Sorry I can't link, it keeps going wrong. grrrr.

Posted

Should I trust the BBC 5 day outlook, all it gives me for the weekend is sleet, are they playing it safe still?

In a word, no. They're just wrong :p

Edited by Helvellyn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

uk_britradar_201202021730.gifspacer.gifsites_biradar.gifspacer.gif

What!spacer.gif

Must be an error. That kind of precipitation surely can't suddenly crop up over 15 mins?? There was no trace of it on the previous frame.

Edited by Ian Suffolk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Must be an error. That kind of precipitation surely can't suddenly crop up over 15 mins?? There was no trace of it on the previous frame. If it is true though it has started 10 miles south of Lowestoft AGAIN!

uk_britradar_201202021730.gifspacer.gifsites_biradar.gifspacer.gif

What!spacer.gif

i just saw this a min ago and its on 2 of the radar so how could this be an error? lol

Posted

Lol saw this on netweather radar as well, clearly an error, but was like wtf.

I don't know where the data comes from but it's showing on quite a few different radars, including european ones.