Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coast

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

So what are those pesky models really saying and will any of us get cold and snow? Will we buried in 4 ft of the stuff or swimming in endless pools of rain?

It's worse than a soap opera at the moment!!!!

coronation-street-snow12.jpg

550x_east_020209_snow02.jpg

550w_soaps_emmerdale_snow_04.jpg

Early doors yet (and yes I know the 06z GFS is rubbish and I shouldn't compare next run to next run!!) but already its firmed up a little bit more on something for some tomorrow:

post-6667-0-65361400-1327572324_thumb.pn

Talking about todays weather,the wind has just really picked up and its lashing it down.Not a nice day at all :drinks:

Yet again, the battle line is right over my house with the back garden being clear, and the front garden covered!!! As long as I can't get the car out of the drive, that will do for me.... :winky:

post-6667-0-18233900-1327572984_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-39116400-1327572991_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-48741200-1327572994_thumb.pn

Yet again, the battle line is right over my house with the back garden being clear, and the front garden covered!!! As long as I can't get the car out of the drive, that will do for me.... :winky:

Knife edge for me on the last chart lol

Knife edge for me on the last chart lol

:lol: and in reality it may be nothing like that and areas East, West or North may get more, some or none. But for some of us in the extreme SE, it's a glimmer of hope and gives us a chance to see what else comes along to build it or destroy it!

Despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the model thread, on a local level I’m fairly pleased. Don’t think we will have any issues with getting the car out of the drive but I’m anticipating at least some freezing conditions which will justify the huge amount I’ve spent on logs for the fire!

Dreaming of a Kent streamer over here, just a little east of Coast and Marie. Temperature has dropped a couple of degrees since dawn, but still way too mild for the s-word.

Despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the model thread, on a local level I’m fairly pleased. Don’t think we will have any issues with getting the car out of the drive but I’m anticipating at least some freezing conditions which will justify the huge amount I’ve spent on logs for the fire!

If nothing else, you can use it to burn printed copies of the latest model runs!!!!

Dreaming of a Kent streamer over here, just a little east of Coast and Marie. Temperature has dropped a couple of degrees since dawn, but still way too mild for the s-word.

That's going to be the sweet spot I reckon if this does come off

Oh dear...the GFS is flatter than a pancake!

Never mind, I shall wait for the rest of the runs before I do this, :wallbash: :lol:

funny-pictures-cat-has-a-half-full-glass.jpg

Ha ha, I love it. :rofl:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72334-model-output-discussion-12z-25th-january/page__view__findpost__p__2222931

Please note, the above was posted before the GFS 6z was run and we are also awaiting the MetO update as I type. :good:

This opinion is similar to my own but of course, personal differences will be apparant upon your own location.

Thank you kindly.

gottolovethisweather

funny-pictures-cat-has-a-half-full-glass.jpg

And we just can't reach the golden liquid, hopefully it will be an icy version of a non-golden colouration, in our case. :nonono:

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Just started chucking it down here, but doesn't look like it will last long.

....and it's finished.

It's now turned into a stunning sunshiny day, with clear blue skies and a warmish breeze. Are we really staring down the barrel of a little blast of Winter? - fingers crossed!!!!

Well, from a daytime high of 6.8c just half an hour ago the temperature is trending much cooler. My sister reported hail in nearby Woolton Hill and it's 4.9c as I type this. Here's hoping the showers maintain their intensity overnight and tomorrow may well produce some snow for some. :good:

Dewpoints are becoming favourable out west and there is sleet and snow in the hevier precipitation.

Theres all to play for in the short-term but for now I'm ignoring the longer-term but I still say theres some excitement to be had.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Guest archiesmummy

Would anyone agree that the GFS 06z not looking good for cold weather?

Would anyone agree that the GFS 06z not looking good for cold weather?

Yes it was a bit of a downer (in regards to the easterly) and it is not fitting the general MetO opinion. Furthermore this is only ONE run. :good: As ever, we'll know more later.

Regards

gottolovthisweather

Just got back from the Hospital ,when i arrived at around 12 the hailstones were unbelievable the road was white ,the sound of them hitting my windscreen was pretty scary as they were massive.Anyway it now blue sky windy and currently 8.3c

Guest archiesmummy

I don't go on the model discussion thread as not that knowledgeable and it scares me, but someone on the Midlands etc thread has posted they are warning we are going to head into an ice age..anyone who goes on the model thread care to comment?

**STOP PRESS**

KENT to be hit by record blizzards MON-FRI!!!!

I know this because I just found out that I am going to travelling between Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Essex next week. :doh:

**STOP PRESS**

KENT to be hit by record blizzards MON-FRI!!!!

I know this because I just found out that I am going to travelling between Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Essex next week. :doh:

Can you provide evidence of this?