Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands, East Anglia & The 3 Counties Regional Discussion - Part 5

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very heavy shower approaching now, actually intensifying on entrance to the West Midlands! Lots building up in Wales too. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

i don't believe i missed the 5 minute 'snow event' in northampton earlier. It would help if the snow was a little more prolonged than a few minutes though. I must be cursed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Blimey, if that particularly intense shower reaches here, and if it's cold enough, we're probably gonna get absolutely hammered. :-O :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

sorry guys, don't wanna spoil the party, but as with the whole of this winter, the upcoming cold weather prospects are now being downplayed and it looks like this winter is going to go down as one of mildest snow free winters in quite a few years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol, that shower just to my West has almost completely died out now. Very rapid weakening.

Posted

WOW.

Thats all i can say for the upgrades today.

Yeah I cant help but worry that it is all going to go downhill from here. I still have no idea whats going to happen on sunday night, meto saying no to anysnow over the period for EA and EM and it looks now like any wintriness may only be in the west. Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Yeah I cant help but worry that it is all going to go downhill from here. I still have no idea whats going to happen on sunday night, meto saying no to anysnow over the period for EA and EM and it looks now like any wintriness may only be in the west.

I know what you mean hughsey!!!!

Yesterdays update by GP gave me a lift and today's ecm gem and UKmet still hold the block .

Posted

There will be snow in the west of the region, how far east it goes nobody has a clue until the moments it starts to try to push eastwards.

Then once the easterly has won the battle (hopefully after several hours of snowfall) it should drag in convective shower that will make their way a very long way inland.

The irony is that I'm placed in possibly the worst region for either, no doubt we'll stay nice and dry like we did all last winter!

:p

Posted

Im coming from Kent this evening going up to Birmingham, coming home late Sunday afternoon and im having doubts over whether to attempt it or not, slightly worried as i i dont really want to be driving home in the snow in the dark! What do you guys reckon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Im coming from Kent this evening going up to Birmingham, coming home late Sunday afternoon and im having doubts over whether to attempt it or not, slightly worried as i i dont really want to be driving home in the snow in the dark! What do you guys reckon?

Well the beauty of the west and east battles is that they are unpredictable, Just keep your eye on the forecast;s. I think you will be ok going up north at the moment. As for coming back late sunday that could be tricky. However we have plenty of grit, If you see gritters flying about then that normally means trouble ahead.

Edited by silver line

Posted

Hmmmm, i guess if needs be, we will just to leave earlier on Sunday. I love snow, just please do it after i get home lol. Fingers crossed everyone gets a bit in the next week or so!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c some people seen snow we here haven't seen a single flake only crappy rain.

Posted

Met Office seemed to have changed their mind about freezing temperatures tonight.

I hadnt planend to go out in the Birmingham / West borm are from Worcs, as the temps showed -2 for later tonight, bit now there showing as +4 for midnight ! (quite a swing).

What do you guys think ? Is there still a chance of icy roads this evening ?

Posted

Massive improvements from the GFS today. Much colder and although milder for a time mid week it soon turns colder again. Models look to have dropped the idea of the high sinking for now too. Only missing element really apart from a possible West v East battle on Sunday is snow from the Easterly as it looks cold but dry on the whole.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Today could be the one, As Blizzard stated massive improvements. we just need to see continued flow in th right direction now through todays and tonights output. Then it will be the holy ramping session. So far so good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Massive improvements from the GFS today. Much colder and although milder for a time mid week it soon turns colder again. Models look to have dropped the idea of the high sinking for now too. Only missing element really apart from a possible West v East battle on Sunday is snow from the Easterly as it looks cold but dry on the whole.

Isn't that normal though at this range? I thought the snow events only really show themselves nearer the time. Getting the easterly nailed on is the main thing, I'm sure there would be some snow from it for a lot of the UK.

I just wish I was still living in County Durham, I'm not expecting much in Nottingham but a covering at some point would be nice before the end of winter.

Met Office seemed to have changed their mind about freezing temperatures tonight.

I hadnt planend to go out in the Birmingham / West borm are from Worcs, as the temps showed -2 for later tonight, bit now there showing as +4 for midnight ! (quite a swing).

What do you guys think ? Is there still a chance of icy roads this evening ?

Quite a high chance of icy roads I would say. The latest GFS still shows temps dropping to around 0 or -1.

It was 2C air temp here last night and I could see what looked like ice on the small roads outside, so definitely it's a risk tonight.

Just checked and they have a warning out now for ice tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Checked the met birmingham forecast for the next 5days this morning and no mension of snow. For sun and mon they say lite rain. Last night they were forecasting slete.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The only gripe I have now that the cold snap seems to be more or less in place.. Is that it's going to be a dry Easterly, that's still good but i'm just hoping it eventually leads to -10 or below uppers and frequent and heavy snow showers filtering inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The yellow MetO snow warning for Monday is worth keeping an eye on for those in the west of this region. Only low likelihood if you read the Chief Forecaster's comments, but you never know. Closer to home, tonight could well be my first air frost in almost a fortnight -- mad for January!