Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wimblettben

Temperature And Frost Watch -19th To 20th Of October 2011

241 posts in this topic

Tonight is supposed to be the coldest night of this cold blip and with some places expected to get below freezing, I thought a temperature watch was necessary.

The BBC are also saying a widespread frost in the countryside.

Post temperatures and frost sightings here please.smile.png

Great thread - was wondering if I could edit my post on the weather chat so many times!

Currently 4.4c, was 7.5c just 70 minutes ago. Lowest temperature of the spell so far was 2.3c at 0441 yesterday morning.

Max today 8.7c, currently clear and 6.6c

crystal clear skies here aswell, Buxton at 4.1'c this early evening. No doubt there'll be a frosty white landscape to wake up to before sunrise tomorrow morning.

3.8c now. If we get to 2c then we might start feeling some isolated frost pockets round here, and at 1c, more likely.

Had a high of near 11C today, now 7.6C - could get as low as 2C or so tonight, with a bit of luck our first grass frost of the season!

well here in se london its a barmy 8.8c with a dewpoint 3c at 1845hrs skys are mostly clear and the wind is WNW at 3 knots 1021.8mb rising rapidly :)

Here is a link to my weather station in Aberdeenshire if anyone wants to find out live weather in the area and see how cold it gets. Just getting started with it so some of the readings are a bit odd, but the live ones should be ok. Currently 4.9 at the moment.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IABERDEE47

2 people like this

6.6c here at the moment but its fairly cloudy so I expect it to fall fast once it has cleared away.

Currently 4.3c here in North Hampshire.

We pick up a lot more frost here than other nearby towns/villages so I have high hopes tonight.

Sorry about the constant updates, but it's possibly my first frost of the autumn - always a good event.

Anyway, under 3c now, 2.9c currently. 70% humidity, so it feels like one of them clear dry easterlies... 2.8c now.

EDIT: 2.6c, dew point of -2.1c.

Just under 3.c here and dropping...

Currently down to 6.5C under clear skies here. Had a low of 2.5C last night with ice on the back windscreen of the car. This followed a torrential downpour at around 3am this morning with hail, it woke me up! Love the weather when it's like this, makes up a little bit for the boring weather we've had here for weeks on end.

Isolated Frost, keep the updates coming as regular updates encourage a positive multiplier effect in my opinion, xcweather is reporting the dewpoint in Dundee as 1C so do not be too surprised if you get around 1C and then only fall slowly.

Temperature at Leeds-Bradford airport is now down to 4C, frost is essentially guaranteed as the dewpoint is at -2C which seems to be about the coolest in the country, hopefully the city center may get one.

3c at Leeds Bradford now

Isolated Frost, keep the updates coming as regular updates encourage a positive multiplier effect in my opinion, xcweather is reporting the dewpoint in Dundee as 1C so do not be too surprised if you get around 1C and then only fall slowly.

Temperature at Leeds-Bradford airport is now down to 4C, frost is essentially guaranteed as the dewpoint is at -2C which seems to be about the coolest in the country, hopefully the city center may get one.

Thanks, not sure what a positive multiplier effect is though? :)

2.3c and falling, but much slower now. Generally 0.6c per 20 minutes. It will slow and slow before bottoming out i'd imagine. I hope I can fall to at least 1c before it does that, as temperatures should stay stable throughout the night and 1c should give some frost cover at least.

Stalling at 2.1c for 6 minutes now sad.png

Stop moaning. You're colder than OON. That's an achievement. :)

Stop moaning. You're colder than OON. That's an achievement. smile.png

lol - must...get...frost!

3.8c now. If we get to 2c then we might start feeling some isolated frost pockets round here, and at 1c, more likely.

And with my current Air Temperatue being 5.9c and falling 0.1c every 5-10 minutes, I'm looking hopeful too.

You've just got to love this weather, one of my favourite weather types, particularly during winter. Days of crystal clear sunshine and isolated showers with frost by night, lovely! biggrin.png

Cheers drinks.gif

gottolovethisweather

1 person likes this

• Similar Content

• By Alice1991
      Frost seems to go really well with the flower.
    • By Alice1991
      Taken in late November, so I was very surprised to see roses still in bloom.
    • By Alice1991
      Was taken on a fine but freezing late November morning.
    • By Ross Andrew Hemphill
      Well here we are at the beginning of November and there's the chance for the first snowfall of the season! 
      The high ground of Scotland and Northern England look to bear the brunt of the snowfall, with the chance of some accumulations to lower levels (maybe staying above 100m) especially in Scotland, but also into the Midlands Tuesday night into Wednesday.
      Of course this is biased speculation, and also there's still plenty of time to go in terms of nailing snow forecasts, but as an avid coldie looking for more snow than he can handle this is looking pretty decent for my area tomorrow, considering it's still Autumn!!
      Whether this thread gets used or everyone stays chatting in their respective regional threads, I felt this very early taste of Winter deserved a proper mention.   

Netweather charts: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=
      Met Office Warnings: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1478563200&regionName=st
      BBC Forecast Animation: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167
      BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!