Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

1 Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

looks like there is a cluster of showery activity just a few miles west of here but i doubt its thundery, probably just heavy drizzle nonono.gif, please send me back to the mid nineties when storms where more eager to get going in humid situations like this,

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Estofex is out for tomorrow and it's a bloody sickener for the SE :cray:

Posted

Thunder heard to my SW now...

You sure? I'm pretty sure it came from ENE direction as that was the only flash of lightning and thunder I heard despite being quite an impressive downpour as you already menturned.

What impressive about it for me was the way how it was so unexpected really, got quite dark at one stage and then the rain came and got heavier pretty quickly and the wind picked up and completely changed direction to a Westerly and all in all, quite fun stuff and a moment where non weather geeks were also looking outside of their windows and watching the rain!

The "storm" warranted more thunder and lightning but I never expected anything convective today so I guess we had a small bonus so to speak. :)

Posted

Estofex is out for tomorrow and it's a bloody sickener for the SE :cray:

To be fair, Iooking at the models I doubt anyone will see anything bar the odd isolated storm. Unfortunately, it seems like everything is falling apart... again. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

You sure? I'm pretty sure it came from ENE direction as that was the only flash of lightning and thunder I heard despite being quite an impressive downpour as you already menturned.

What impressive about it for me was the way how it was so unexpected really, got quite dark at one stage and then the rain came and got heavier pretty quickly and the wind picked up and completely changed direction to a Westerly and all in all, quite fun stuff and a moment where non weather geeks were also looking outside of their windows and watching the rain!

The "storm" warranted more thunder and lightning but I never expected anything convective today so I guess we had a small bonus so to speak. :)

hello Mate,

Maybe it did, I could be wrong like, just sounded like that direction! Yes unexpected and yes it was wild for a time like ;-)) Not holding on to much for the week with the latest Meto update but we shall see! dry.gif

To be fair, Iooking at the models I doubt anyone will see anything bar the odd isolated storm. Unfortunately, it seems like everything is falling apart... again. :(

Yes but 50% within 40KM for a large bulk of the UK. Nothing impressive though but we shall see...

Posted

I hate to say it but i have been saying it would from the start.

Before you get too carried away it's not set in stone yet. I am still not completely convinced the thundery Iberian low will track as far east as currently progged.

Will see tomorrow as things develop

Posted

Yes but 50% within 40KM for a large bulk of the UK. Nothing impressive though but we shall see...

I have a feeling that Estofex are just covering their own backsides with that forecast. We will see though, hopefully something happens tomorrow and I'm just being too negative. :)

Posted

Latest FAX chart makes for interesting reading (hence my "nothing is set in stone")

Posted

anyone in the lancaster, south lakes area, looks like those showers on the irish sea coast have really intensified on the radar, electrical?

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Ac-cas coming up from france

Posted

Ac-cas coming up from france

Music to my ears (if a little fruitless ultimately)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

It's gone really dark here and eerie, as if a storm is going to break out. It doesn't usually get dark until quarter to ten.:unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It's gone really dark here and eerie, as if a storm is going to break out. It doesn't usually get dark until quarter to ten.:unsure:

nothing anywhere near you, on raintoday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

New thread here folks for tomorrows potential:

Good luck all.:D

nothing anywhere near you, on raintoday

Only showing a little light rain near me on the Netweather radar.. looks so stormy too!