Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

10 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Met Office Invent radar stuck at 1400 for me. Seems they've had a few gremlins recently.

Sun is out here now, I guess there is still time for a rogue popcorn shower to perhaps provide us with a surprise.

Posted

Just leaving Matlock in the peaks it's looking like it's going to hammer it down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

did the manchester to blackpool charity bike ride this morning got caught in a rather long torrential downpour on route (at leyland) there was no thunder heard though, just arrived home and the roads are flooded, wonder if there was thunder and lightning here, anyone in wigan area heard thunder ?

BTW my legs are shot atwacko.gif

Ahh so that's what I navigate round every year near Leyland lol. Think the rain was very localised. I live a couple of miles from Leyland and yet when I got home it was bone dry. Anyway hats off to you for completing the race, that is a long way to cycle!

Edited by Lancashire Lass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Some big clouds building to the west of Darlington at present, and with the winds coming from a south westerly direction they may hit, though the way they've missed today i'm not convinced.

Posted

Quite a rapid development of showers around Hereford at the moment. Totally unexpected as it was boring, dull and messy earlier.

Looks like Hereford is in for a direct hit soon.

We're having quite a heavy shower here in Chesterfield. I thought we'd miss the main part, but it looks like it just clipped us. :)

Can see it easily to my south, looks heavy!

And in response to scunny's report - arghh! *cough* I mean, well done sir :hi:

Edited by Steve?

Posted

Can see it easily to my south, looks heavy!

And in response to scunny's report - arghh! *cough* I mean, well done sir :hi:

It didn't last long and even the rain was patchy.It weakened bigtime as it reached my area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Distant rumble of Thunder just now with a heavy shower approaching.

Posted

Ahh so that's what I navigate round every year near Leyland lol. Think the rain was very localised. I live a couple of miles from Leyland and yet when I got home it was bone dry. Anyway hats off to you for completing the race, that is a long way to cycle!

I think it was more euxton/coppull where i got the drenching it was extremely heavy and nowhere to shelter

Posted

just had a shower of stairrods, delivered about half an inch in 20 mins and treacherous conditions on the roads. moved over now, but we had a rumble of thunder.

Posted

Getting very dark over to my W now as a large cell approaches. Could have heavy rain at least very soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

There was a thunderstorm in the Scottish Borders somewhere around 2 hours ago - we saw it from the A69 between Carlisle and Haltwhistle, and there was a clear rain/hail shaft, beautiful anvil and a few striking cg strikes.

Posted

Getting very dark over to my W now as a large cell approaches. Could have heavy rain at least very soon.

Anything happening yet mate? A moderate shower here for the last 10 mins.

Posted

There was a thunderstorm in the Scottish Borders somewhere around 2 hours ago - we saw it from the A69 between Carlisle and Haltwhistle, and there was a clear rain/hail shaft, beautiful anvil and a few striking cg strikes.

awwwwwww no i missed it :nonono:

Posted

Just had a shower here which probably has been the heaviest of the week and it's managed to wet the ground shock horror

Posted

just had a shower of stairrods, delivered about half an inch in 20 mins and treacherous conditions on the roads. moved over now, but we had a rumble of thunder.

Just had the same shower over here in Solihull, about 20 minutes of insane rain, but alas, no thunder to be heard even if the sky preceding it had that guaranteed thundery look about it.

Certainly wasn't expecting anything like that here today. I would have thought it more likely some two or three days ago.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Oh my i think the met office really screwed up today.... Did anyone get any of the storms forecast. East Anglia seems to be doing well

Edited by paul m

Posted

Ziltch here paul, what else can you do but laugh about it. Every direction but overhead i've seen and heard thunder or CBs, times even desperate today to do a bit of kite-flying to break the 'storm shield' but even this didn't work.

Ah well. MetO going for a dry day tomorrow with a trough midday Tues before the ridge moves in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just watched the local wether and they say storms are still possible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Another boring day here, I really thought today would bring a storm but they missed again :(

This was the closest "storm" i saw today

Posted

Has been raining lightly here for some time now, with a completely overcast sky of white/grey cloud. Some modest rumbles of thunder earlier.

Edited by Eabie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Just grey skies and drizzle here for the last 2 hours. Soooo dramatic whistling.gif