Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Maybe the Express wants to be like the Sunday Sport.

Who remembers headlines such as.

World War 2 bomber found on the Moon.

Bus found buried at the south pole.

lol...

Edited by seaside 60
  • Like 1

Posted

Will someone ask Mr Madden where the snow is please?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/611100/Winter-2015-Heavy-Snow-record-cold-weather-forecast-UK

What a charlatan this man really is.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Scare mongering at its best.

Posted

Scare mongering at its best.

Not at all .....marketing at its finest ..... the reliance on weather forum members peddling/promoting/linking their keech and thereby increasing web hits.

Nothing to disappoint that expectation in here. :nonono::angry: 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not at all .....marketing at its finest ..... the reliance on weather forum members peddling/promoting/linking their keech and thereby increasing web hits.

But, shouldn't 'organs of truth' at least have editors that have a modicum of knowledge of what they publish? I'm sure I'm not the only one here, who'd filter out 99.999...% percent of the keech our wonderful press extrudes daily?

I do love 'Ye Olde English'! :D

Posted

Yes that to Nouska, But surly the media ramp and twist what they can out of it..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Madden and Rao at it again

Worst winter for FIVE YEARS: UK facing freezing gales and HEAVY SNOW in just a FORTNIGHT

Apparently Scotland and the north is on red alert for snow with forecasters warning of a 95 to 100 per cent chance of wintry showers from mid-month.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/616967/Weather-warning-worst-winter-five-years-heavy-snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Worst winter for FIVE YEARS: UK facing freezing gales and HEAVY SNOW in just a FORTNIGHT

Apparently Scotland and the north is on red alert for snow with forecasters warning of a 95 to 100 per cent chance of wintry showers from mid-month.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/616967/Weather-warning-worst-winter-five-years-heavy-snow

Scotland and the north is on RED ALERT for snow with forecasters warning of a 95 to 100 per cent chance of wintry showers from mid-month.

Oh for god sake...  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted

SHOCK ALERT: World faces YEAR of CATASTROPHIC weather from most powerful El Nino & La Nina

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/616643/Shock-weather-El-Nino-La-Nina-year-catastrophic-storms-snow-floods

Take away the silly headline grabbing nonsense and they'll be right about  a strong Nina following on from the current set up, that's as far as I read really  as the Express weather headlines tend to give me a migraine. 

They forgot to add above 1000m. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Take away the silly headline grabbing nonsense and they'll be right about  a strong Nina following on from the current set up, that's as far as I read really  as the Express weather headlines tend to give me a migraine. 

They forgot to add above 1000m. :D

Every time the GFS comes up with something remotely cold, the Daily Express jump on the snowmaggaden bandwagon to jinx it!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by prolongedSnowLover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Yawn....

Britain to be battered by furious storms and even SNOW as 170mph jet stream hits

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britain-battered-furious-storms-even-6776116#ICID=FB_mirror_main

Posted

Nathan Rao has popped up in the Daily Star

Britain prepares for HELL STORM battering: Jet stream chaos to strike UK

Oh and we could be just weeks away from a super-cold "weather bomb"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/474102/Britain-weather-hell-storm-jet-stream-chaos-Atlantic-winds-forecast-November

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow and more snow

Hi all. Can somebody explain to me what a 'super cold weather bomb is please? It's just that while I'm preparing myself for the next ice age, the million mile an hour gales and the fact that I'll be sitting in the dark freezing due to the shortage of gas/electric that the express has warned me of, I don't want to get caught out by anything I was not expecting! :)

• Like 2

A 170mph jetstream isn't that excessive though is it?

jet stream winds regularly reach that speed and more ,fortunately 5 miles up !..

Hi all. Can somebody explain to me what a 'super cold weather bomb is please? It's just that while I'm preparing myself for the next ice age, the million mile an hour gales and the fact that I'll be sitting in the dark freezing due to the shortage of gas/electric that the express has warned me of, I don't want to get caught out by anything I was not expecting! :)

in my neck of the woods it means drizzle ;)..
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Any proper explanation won't get past the swear-filter! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

They may.....MAY.... happen on Pluto?

BFTP

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Gawd they like printing this rubbish don't they. It's always wrong as well.

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Is there an annual competition for who can write the most outrageous weather related headline or something?