Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/swans-early-arrival-russia-means-6623451?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Swans' early arrival from Russia means UK is in for bitter winter

The earliest recorded autumn arrival of a migratory swan at a UK nature reserve has added to speculation the country is in for a long, cold winter .

Edited by pip22
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With state of the art technology and the latest info available at the flick of a switch I fail to see why the public should have to put up with out of date forecasts. In this fast moving situation its

I've only gone and done it. This went to the Press Complaints Commission this morning....         1i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including

Some more images from London this morning  

Posted Images

It's forecasting a third of the snow and ice days for London that it forecast last year.....is that even possible?

Given that nobody knows (and the broadscale seasonal issues are yet even to be adequately resolved) , it's not a question of 'is it even possible', it's more a question of how utterly ridiculous it is to even show such a meaningless metric.

Ignore.

• Like 8

Given that nobody knows (and the broadscale seasonal issues are yet even to be adequately resolved) , it's not a question of 'is it even possible', it's more a question of how utterly ridiculous it is to even show such a meaningless metric.

Ignore.

Ian, I was alluding to the fact that last year's forecast had 15 days of snow and ice for London  :-)    I agree it's a ridiculous metric....as last year's prediction shows very well!  :-)

• Like 2

The same paper and people produced this in July

SHOCK WARNING: Strongest El Nino in HISTORY could bring SIX MONTHS of storms to Britain

Quote from July.

There are signs that this year a significant El Nino is building. We think it could drive a strong jetstream which can lead to a more mobile weather pattern and  very changeable and stormy weather as we head into winter."

Quote in Oct.

FOUR MONTHS OF HEAVY SNOW: Shock UK long-range weather forecast for THIS winter

BRITAIN should prepare for the worst winter in half-a-century with advanced weather models now predicting MONTHS of heavy snowfall, forecasters warned tonight.

Can someone on here please me to these models.  :cc_confused: :cc_confused:

Edited by seaside 60

It wasn't too long ago that Madden/Exacta was saying that a strong El Nino wasn't going to happen. He's been wrong on that as well. In fact, he's been wrong (sometimes spectacularly wrong) on almost everything he's predicted. He's an embarassment, and the Daily Excess are a disgrace for printing this drivel.

Helpfullly recorded here for us

http://globalcoolingnewiceageuk.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/no-major-el-nino-cycle-on-way-uk.html

Listening to Michael Fish on Radio 5 live talking about the Great October Storm of 1987,

Of course everyone's seen the "infamous" forecast with his hurricane comment for which he's been so unfairly lambasted over the years. But he does make reference to the preceding sunday's Country File forecast which it seems turned out to be more accurate about the path of the storm than forecasts a few hours ahead of it!  It made me think....does a copy of this forecast still exist anywhere?

Is there a tabloid that doesn't do these sort of stories now.

Even more worrying is that local news outlets are starting to print these stories that are shown in Metro.Express et al. Not good.