Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Straight from the horse's mouth! :rofl:

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Hey i only found out today that our old friend piers corbyn is the brother of our next PM lol who would have thought?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

BFTV

Yep that's me an my opinion, Ok record Antarctic ice, increasing extreme weather with extreme cold, Jetstream shifted south hasn't been enough yet to globally lower the temps as I predicted but we haven't continued to warm as predicted by the IPCC and others projections.   this year is being dictated by a serious Nino so it won't be surprising that it'll show about 0.4c higher than it otherwise would have .   

In the interests of fairness how about posting the 'scientific' arctic ice free projections which were well wrong, the snow a thing of the past, the runaway warming, Antarctic warming/melting projections etc etc by 'scientists' ......    :whistling:

And this nino prediction and its peak is not by me....but it has been predicted.

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST
  • Like 3

Posted

3 cat 4 hurricanes in Pacific at same time, apparently first time ever 'recorded'.  Can't post link

BFTP

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Could possibly be a fourth hurricane soon all at the same time.

post-5386-0-19127400-1441086576_thumb.pn

Copyright © 2015 Cameron Beccario

Edited by NL
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

TWEET FROM Met Office Storms â€@metofficestorms 

No hurricane has formed farther east in the Atlantic than #Fred. Currently passing over the Cape Verde Islands

TWEET FROM BBC Weather â€@bbcweather

This @NASA image from Monday shows #FRED - the first #hurricane to hit Cape Verde since 1892! MattT

If no hurricane has formed further east in the Atlantic, whereabouts did the hurricane that hit Cape Verde in 1892 form?

• Like 2

Posted

No hurricane has formed farther east in the Atlantic than #Fred. Currently passing over the Cape Verde Islands

This @NASA image from Monday shows #FRED - the first #hurricane to hit Cape Verde since 1892! MattT

If no hurricane has formed further east in the Atlantic, whereabouts did the hurricane that hit Cape Verde in 1892 form?

excellent point.

looks like I'm headlining!!

Fred aka BFTP

• Like 2

Posted

Further west than Fred obviously?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Posted

excellent point.

looks like I'm headlining!!

Fred aka BFTP

This article not only suggests that we simply don't know whether or not it did, but also challenges the statement about Fred being the hurricane to form the furthest east in the last ten years, let alone recorded history!

http://thevane.gawker.com/hurricane-fred-forms-near-coast-of-africa-the-second-f-1727656093

Fred became a hurricane at 22.5°W, securing its second place spot in recorded history. Many more storms could have formed along or east of this line of longitude before the satellite era, but we never would have known about it unless it hit land or ships in its path.

The record for the farthest east a storm has ever become a hurricane in the Atlantic was Vince (above), which fittingly formed during the ridiculous 2005 hurricane season; the season itself probably holds the record for the most records ever broken in one season. Vince formed up near Madeira Island, which is a few hundred miles southwest of Spain. The water is supposed to be too cold in this area to support a hurricane, but Vince proved us wrong, as did just about every other storm that year.

• Like 2

Posted

Posted

Timmy beat me to it......not so obvious then.  In fact I didn't expect that as I was going to ask how would they know pre satellite.  It looks like it isn't furthest east during satellite era.

BFTP

• Like 1

Posted

Timmy beat me to it......not so obvious then.  In fact I didn't expect that as I was going to ask how would they know pre satellite.  It looks like it isn't furthest east during satellite era.

BFTP

I assume the Met Office already assume that everyone knows they were already referring to "since times when such things have been accurately measured" in their original tweet   (though I'm sure those seeking out the dramatic for whatever purposes they want to find it will conveniently overlook that fact!)

Well they've subsequently provided a correction, sorry I mean a "clarification"   :-)

@TimmyTour @fergieweather The record relates to the tropical Atlantic. Sorry this was not made clearer in the original tweet.

Edited by Timmytour
  • Like 1

Posted

I assume the Met Office already assume that everyone knows they were already referring to "since times when such things have been accurately measured" in their original tweet   (though I'm sure those seeking out the dramatic for whatever purposes they want to find it will conveniently overlook that fact!)

Well they've subsequently provided a correction, sorry I mean a "clarification"   :-)

@TimmyTour @fergieweather The record relates to the tropical Atlantic. Sorry this was not made clearer in the original tweet.

Even though there was no satellite to record accurately, there are storm tracks archived back to 1851.

http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/

The track of storm 5 in 1892 (hurricane status at 24.10) - Fred became a hurricane at 22.5.

track.gif   houVBVt.gif

• Like 2

Posted

Even though there was no satellite to record accurately, there are storm tracks archived back to 1851.

http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/

The track of storm 5 in 1892 (hurricane status at 24.10) - Fred became a hurricane at 22.5.

track.gif   houVBVt.gif

If I've got the hang of this correctly, Storm 3 in 1900 can't have been too far off....

track.gif

• Like 1

Posted

If I've got the hang of this correctly, Storm 3 in 1900 can't have been too far off....

track.gif

Indeed! I think it was also mentioned in the news stories but is not recorded as having impacted the Cape Verde islands.

• Like 2

Posted

Yep, I'll have to admit defeat on that one too !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What a load of drivel!! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

What a load of drivel!! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

This gut really needs disciplining... heres the twit feed   https://twitter.com/ExpressNathan/status/639395552044691457?lang=en-gb 

Posted

This gut really needs disciplining... heres the twit feed   https://twitter.com/ExpressNathan/status/639395552044691457?lang=en-gb 

I think he's counting 10 flakes in the Cairngorms as 'snowfall'

post-2786-0-32703800-1441357770_thumb.jp

Posted

Snow in the Bavarian alps....NAthan was only a few hundred miles out.....and a good deal closer than he usually is :)

http://www.thelocal.de/20150904/a-week-after-heatwave-snow-falls-in-bavaria?utm_content=buffer8279f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Like 1