Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Again, I'd encourage people not to click on such stories. The less hits they get the better.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Latest bbc weekly - move back from ooh very cold to very cold and possibly snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Louise having nowt to do with 'less cold' in her weekly update.  Cold here for 6-8 days.  Probs dry though.

Posted

Countryfile forecast was exceptionally low key and vague. Louise was so hesitant and uncertain, it left me feeling very unconvinced.

Showing mins of -7 to -9 degrees on Wed eve, then showing rain on the radar Thurs morning but perhaps some places could see snow even in the south with maxes hovering around 5-6 degrees... mmm very unconvincing. Anywhere with a min of -5 degrees will struggle to see temps climbing much in the early hours, any precipitation most likely to be of snow..

Indeed I say ignore the temps shown by BBC next week - they are likely to be inaccurate.

Also the update at 9.55pm each eve, has been all over the place the past few days. We had John showing arctic high pressure mid week, yesterday Louise was talking about low pressure to the SW taking over early following week and a quick return to mild, this evening complete opposite, the cold to win out, high pressure to the SW and low pressure to the NE the latter might nudge out the high. Helen Willets was talking about a dry outlook - mmm not especially dry looking at things. All very very confusing, everything changing on a day by day basis. Its not been the finest hour for the BBC forecasts recent days, they are really struggling in what is a very uncertain outlook.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Europeans shine in weather forecasting

The US global model lags the performance of two European competitors in predicting weather up to two weeks ahead

http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday/article/69/1/10.1063/PT.3.3046

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I applied to the Daily Express to be an assistant to Nathan.  I got them interested with my xmas prediction but now they've told me that they are no longer interested :) 

Posted

Does the Daily Star recycle it's weather news.

Today we have Perfect Storm to blast the UK for TWO WEEKS with temperatures of -10C.

That was enough, and that's front page dross too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Is this for real.... laughed my head off when i read it.... @Carol Kirkwood 

http://newsthump.com/2016/01/16/no-sanction-for-bbcs-carol-kirkwood-over-cold-as-fck-weather-forecast/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
16 minutes ago, bryan629 said:

Is this for real.... laughed my head off when i read it.... @Carol Kirkwood 

http://newsthump.com/2016/01/16/no-sanction-for-bbcs-carol-kirkwood-over-cold-as-fck-weather-forecast/

The clue is on the 'Title'569ce34f5e04f_Screenshot2016-01-18at13.0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldly

Theres 524 miles between east lothian in Scotland and the channel islands yet the are in the same place on the league table for minimum temps! Just goes to show that weather can be strange, intriguing, unexpected and down right impossible sometimes. 

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 21.25.15.png

Edited by Gazza H
spelling error

Posted
4 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Liam Dutton v Nathan Rao

http://www.buzzfeed.com/husseinkesvani/beef-on-the-horizon#.qi7QB7Ye58

Don't like the title, Liam Dutton is more than a weather reporter, he's a professional meteorologist. 

I wonder what Liam would have to say about this from JM

34635.thumb.png.8f5b68f08c4f8109b6d02184

Posted
On 23/01/2016 at 7:20 PM, BurwellWeatherWatch said:

even by Exacta's standards, the latest post is bizarre. Makes you wonder if it is a parody account after all

1 hour ago, Larger than average Hobo said:

I sometimes wonder that. He KNOWS he isn't a meteorologist, but the proper Met people seem to be easy to wind up, so he invents outlandish weather stories because he knows he'll get a reaction.

Or

He's just an idiot?

Worse than Madden is Rao. He's the type of journalist that gives others a bad name. Most of his stories (that's what they are) are sensationalist and some are downright irresponsible. Liam Dutton is famously rubbishing Rao's reputation on twitter. Maybe more should join him.  

And another

2453523.thumb.png.90744214f3a8bd667f0df2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
On 23 January 2016 at 7:20 PM, BurwellWeatherWatch said:

even by Exacta's standards, the latest post is bizarre. Makes you wonder if it is a parody account after all

Some of the bull spouted on that FB page beggars belief. I find it extraordinary that some people can be so gullible as to fall for Maddens garbage. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

So we have gone from GW, never going to see snow ever again the UK, hotter dryer summers, severe flooding in the shape of binge flooding.

Now we have to believe its going to be The Day After Tomorrow scenario.

Has anyone told the government that instead of building flood defenses we need more power stations to keep us warm.

Maybe some one should start a petition on Maddens behalf, lol....
:friends::rofl::rofl:

Posted

Great news for all the snow starved........

"This could also make way for one of the snowiest and coldest February periods that we have experienced in quite some time"

"The colder and wintry theme will also continue and begin to take more of a stronghold into the second week of February - as the UK and Ireland become locked in an icy and wintry grip".

“This will just be the start of our very own snow emergency, and we can expect a number of widespread and potentially dangerous snow events from the north to the south of the country" 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/640660/UK-weather-February-forecast-snow-arctic-gales-temperatures-plunge-alert

I've always liked Nathan......and have the upmost faith in his weather articles:crazy:

Posted

Met Office announces new five year partnership with easyJet

Met Office meteorologists will be based at its Operations Control Centre in Luton

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2016/easyJet-contract?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Freezing February with snow and Arctic winds could be the UK's coldest on record

James Madden... :wallbash::rofl:

James Madden, forecaster for Exacta Weather, told the Express: "The start of another colder spell will pave the way for some more notable snow and potential blizzards, in particular, in parts of the north.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-freezing-february-snow-7306125?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
19 hours ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Freezing February with snow and Arctic winds could be the UK's coldest on record

James Madden... :wallbash::rofl:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-freezing-february-snow-7306125?ICID=FB_mirror_main

funny.giflaughter.gif

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

lol