Sign in to follow this  
Arnie Pie

Random Time Lapses

I took a night timelapse from last night. I thought it was twilight all night by the looks of it!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDbOwdImDSE

That is light! It must be light pollution!

Timelapse of the thunderstorm cell that hit the Wirral and Merseyside last evening. No lightning visible but what I thought was a shelf cloud looks but a strange cloud that almost like the exhaust from the storm cell.

Spent Sunday afternoon on Hallin Fell to catch the Lord Birkett race on Ullswater. Cracking day to sit and soak up the views while the camera snapped away. Not perfect, there's a bit of aperture flicker and wind rock. 4 hours and 2000 pictures.

The race is in memory of Lord Birkett who was influential in preventing the lake becoming a reservoir back in the 60's.

From Wikipedia:

He sat for the last time in the House of Lords on 8 February 1962, where he made a speech criticising an element of the Manchester Corporation Bill which would have water drained from Ullswater to meet the needs of the growing population in Manchester.[105] His speech was "deeply felt and eloquent", and when the votes were announced, Birkett and his supporters had won by 70 votes to 36.[106] The Ullswater Yacht Club now holds an annual Lord Birkett Memorial Trophy Race on the lake.[107]

The next morning he complained of heart trouble, collapsed shortly after lunch and was taken to the hospital.[108] The doctors discovered that he had ruptured an important blood vessel and immediate surgery was needed to fix it.[109] The operation failed to fix the problem, and he died early in the morning on 10 February 1962.

post-11548-0-79123900-1404919073_thumb.j

https://vimeo.com/100052487

28-6-2014 Bury st edmunds

Sign in to follow this