Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I always take my dog for a walk at around 4:30am before everyone else is up.. nice and peaceful.

• 1 month later...
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 104
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are now approaching the time of the year where it never goes completely dark at night and the UK night is actually a lingering twilight. For twilight to end, the sun has to be 18 degrees below the

Timelapse of the shortening nights. Hopefully a clearer night nearer the solstice 14th May

Just a week to go to the longest day  

• 8 months later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Hard to believe that the new season starts with the current weather set up as it is in less than 3 weeks time for the Shetlands!

Let's get it over and done with. From June 22nd I can rejoice in the fact the nights are once again drawing in :)

• Like 1
    • 3 weeks later...

I love it, especially when the weather is clear and we get the afterglow, even down here until something like 11pm - my favourite time of the year when the weather is settled with endless blue skies and warm evenings.

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted

It's really noticeable here now. I was outside last night until after midnight and there were still reds and oranges to the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Too much Twilight along with a waning   Flower Moon  spoilt the viewing of stars last night. Some very thin cloud came along for midnight...Did have telescope out for 2 hours.. 

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I have a window ( in the new place) that Faces NNE and the 'glow' can be seen all the way around until dawn arrives. On the sunny , clear days we have had it really makes a difference! The upcoming Full moon will be delightful over the Hills and up on the Moors if temps are good.....might 'treat' the boy to a midnight bimble next time i have him with me?

• 3 weeks later...
    • 9 months later...
    Posted

Still a bit of a glow until 10pm now if it stays clear, it really is amazing how short the period is between pre-6pm darkness and post-9pm light. Only March, September and early October really. 

• Like 1
    • 2 weeks later...
    Posted

Yeah , noticed last night whilst walking the dogs that that wonderful 'blue' was tracking around to the NW.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted

Only 3 days to go until we reach that magical time of year that only gets 'nautically' dark :D

• Like 1
    • 2 weeks later...
    Posted

Really noticeable tonight while having a late night. Looking out my window at 3am the light is very noticeable to the NE, and the solstice is still four weeks away.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Only 21 days to go now until the longest day.. Great video there WH.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...