Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Currently snowing in Leicester now :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

When will this snow turn to rain? As it hits Stratford at a guess :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Light snow started at 7.30am in Notts and stopped about 8.46. Left a light dusting on the ground too! No Way!! :smiliz34:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A few flakeroonies blowing around in the wind this morning, and some light granular snow/grauple giving the lightest of dustings....The upper air profiles are not very condusive to snowfall, and PPn is easing off from the NW now

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Light snow in Coventry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Light snow in Coventry.

Yes and here in Nuneaton too.

Just a dusting at the moment but a bit of a suprise.

Posted

Hopefully this is nothing more than a light dusting for us in the Solihull/ Redditch area , if any at all ?

Isnt it supposed to move off to the East of the country around lunchtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

We had a snow shower! Ok it turned to sizzle then ice rain, but it did snow for about 10 mins.

Current temp 0.4 after an overnight low of -3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The lightest of dustings of snow here this morning.

Posted

Had heavy freezing rain here coating everything in half a centimeter of ice here, melting now but rather unexpected, some big 50p size flakes of snow were mixed in to towards the end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Light dusting of snow here. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

No snow in West Malvern! Just jolly cold at 1.4 C and with a chilly NEly wind.

Edit: Looking out north-facing window, can see a line of cloud approaching, must be the small area I can see on the radar north of here.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

Moderate snow here, has been for 30 mins, all white over again, can see a little bit of grass poking through! Any reports from Shrewsbury area??

Not a flake of snow this morning in Shrewsbury despite freezing temps, just Freezing Rain. 2-3 hours of it. Left the roads in a far worse state than last month's snow ever did- every single main road north from Shrewsbury was blocked by crashes this morning, and they were sheets of ice that looked for all the world like water. Lethal. Never seen anything like it.

Posted

Not a flake of snow this morning in Shrewsbury despite freezing temps, just Freezing Rain. 2-3 hours of it. Left the roads in a far worse state than last month's snow ever did- every single main road north from Shrewsbury was blocked by crashes this morning, and they were sheets of ice that looked for all the world like water. Lethal. Never seen anything like it.

Thats certainly interesting,the freezing rain.

It certainly got much colder late yesterday as skies cleared for the first time in a week at -3.3c

Nothing here as temps rose above freezing later a few spots of rain.

Posted

Thats certainly interesting,the freezing rain.

It certainly got much colder late yesterday as skies cleared for the first time in a week at -3.3c

Nothing here as temps rose above freezing later a few spots of rain.

Shawbury was on -5 at 10 last night, the ground was frozen solid this morning, and it was raining at 0C. Not a hint of sleet- it was freezing as it hit the roads. Never seen rain in conditions like that, and never seen so much black ice. Looking at the reports it seems to have been only Shrewsbury, Telford and north Shropshire that got it- Staffs and Birm got snow and sleet, Cheshire nothing at all, Manchester northwards snow- weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Agree about the freezing rain, not jsut a nightmare for drivers this AM, but people walking about, English bridge was ungritted and saw a couple of people fall there, also in town by the gateway center... I struggled (gave up with pavements in the end and walked on the road)

Black Ice was everwhere, and I have never seen it like that before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well it snowed here this morning according to my Mum, only problem is... I missed it and i've just woke up now (Yes you heard right) and I can't see a trace of it anywhere lol, theres none on the grass and that's sheltered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Never really seen freezing rain. Sounds very bad up in Shrewsbury!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well it snowed here this morning according to my Mum, only problem is... I missed it and i've just woke up now (Yes you heard right) and I can't see a trace of it anywhere lol, theres none on the grass and that's sheltered.

You actually had 5 inches of snow, but it melted just before you woke up.....that's what happens when you stay up past your bed time...Ironic, you've been desperate for a dumping all winter, and you missed the best today!!!!

I am of course talking complete garbage, but just fancied taking the mick! w00t.gif

Posted

The BBC Travel website clearly shows the spate of accidents across North Shropshire today due to ice!

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011/01/04/new-year-begins-with-spate-of-car-crashes/

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A little freezing rain in Bewdley this morning, but by mid-morning it had changed to plain old rain, and we've escaped the problems parts of Shropshire have seen. In Stourbridge later, and it looked as though there was the vague remnants of a desultory dusting of snow on the edge of the town centre (near the bus/rail stations) but nothing more than that.

I'm quite glad about missing the real freezing rain, to be honest, as I've only experienced really widespread freezing rain once (December 1995 in Bristol) and it was extraordinary. For example, I saw a 4WD Audi creep out of a side road at, literally, 5 mph... and it couldn't stop at the T-junction. At all. Just slid out halfway into the main road, entirely out of control. Thankfully there was hardly anyone else out so no contact, but it was scary even to watch, never mind for the driver.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

You actually had 5 inches of snow, but it melted just before you woke up.....that's what happens when you stay up past your bed time...Ironic, you've been desperate for a dumping all winter, and you missed the best today!!!!

I am of course talking complete garbage, but just fancied taking the mick! w00t.gif

:rofl:

That would have been gutting haha, must have been the slightest of dustings though because it's all melted and it's only about 2c.