Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

January CET

Posted

59 guesses. 1 above the 71-00 average.

Says it all...

This month has probably raised (lowered?) the bar for people's expectations...

I think this one could have some severe weather especially for the Midlands northwards so I am going for a punt of 1.8c...

If anyone wants to know how I come to my guess prediction, it is as follows:

Count the number of seagulls flying over my house in the previous month;

divide by the number of times someone mentions regional bias in the model thread;

multiply by the number of times Plum Junior wakes up at night

and finally subtract by the number of times OON smiled this Christmas...

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

3.2C, 1C below average.

Very dry month, northerly turning easterly, warmest period between 15th-25th, northerlies to end the month.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

3.0c please

Posted

Hi,

I think I will go for a January with similar severity to 1985, i.e. a severe month but just missing out on a subzero CET would be my guess.

I will go for 0.4C.

Luke

Hi,

I think I will go for a January with similar severity to 1985, i.e. a severe month but just missing out on a subzero CET would be my guess.

I will go for 0.4C.

Luke

Posted

OK, time for my guess. With the current model outlook I have very low confidence with my estimate. However, with a favourable strat forecast, I will go with my gut feeling that the first week will be average, colder 2nd and 3rd weeks and a near average to mild final week. Therefore I will go for a colder than average 2.8C. I very much doubt it will be a severe month like December, but I don't see any very mild weather during the month.

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

2.4c for me please

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

3.5C

Posted

Sugar I'm late I'll go for 2.3

Surly this shouldn't be classed as late as the day hasn't really started and won't technically impact on the final result :/ It is new years and all that and I was out having the odd few and forgot :/.

Anyway

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i Chi Gyd

Happy New Year to you all :)

Edited by adamjones416