Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlantic Storm Incoming

After a week of keeping an eye on developments surrounding the incoming Atlantic storm, it's now developing and will move toward the UK during tomorrow. Severe gales, heavy rain and snow are all likely.

Read full story here

After a week of keeping an eye on developments surrounding the incoming Atlantic storm, it's now developing and will move toward the UK during tomorrow. Severe gales, heavy rain and snow are all likely.<br/> <br/><a href="http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=475;sess=">Read full story here</a>

Surprising to see there's so little interest on this thread. Maybe we are going to escape the worst of the winds after all, the strongest gusts now being shown to the West and SW of the system. None the less it could still get quite nasty in places in the West for a time and maybe on the East coast later on Monday as the Low slips South.

How about we should have a competition, who can forecast the highest windspeed/guest in the next 48 hours in the UK, any interest?

I'm going for 83mph. :)

Surprising to see there's so little interest on this thread. Maybe we are going to escape the worst of the winds after all, the strongest gusts now being shown to the West and SW of the system. None the less it could still get quite nasty in places in the West for a time and maybe on the East coast later on Monday as the Low slips South.

How about we should have a competition, who can forecast the highest windspeed/guest in the next 48 hours in the UK, any interest?

I'm going for 83mph. :)

I think because it's all being discussed here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/64686-mondays-potential-storm/page__st__323

I will guess at 76mph by the way :-)