Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather General Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Big downpour bang on the center of Newcastle, wish I was there!

White radar returns on the netweather radar (up to 200mm per hour)

It's all a little too far north of here, got our office window open but can't hear anything.

EDIT: Beat me to it Peter.

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton

I'm living a charmed life at the moment

not seeing anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Another bought of loud thunder, but unfortunately the garage is completely flooded. Quite a spectacular storm though :fool: This looks like lasting a while...

Posted

It's all a little too far north of here, got our office window open but can't hear anything.

yes i wish i was there to

Edited by Stuart

Posted

The Radar near me seems quite tame by comparison

Edited by Gordon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Typical. The last time we had a setup like this and I was in Bristol, the southeast got a pasting and we got a few showers. Now that I'm in the southeast, there's absolutely zilch around here and the West Country is reporting thunderstorms! How annoying. :fool:

Posted

Typical. The last time we had a setup like this and I was in Bristol, the southeast got a pasting and we got a few showers. Now that I'm in the southeast, there's absolutely zilch around here and the West Country is reporting thunderstorms! How annoying. :fool:

The Met Office are forecasting heavy thundery showers for the SE tomorrow so if your still there you might be in luck

Posted

Is this lot being caused by a convergence zone? To the north of my storm the showers are moving (slightly) NW-SE, whereas to the south they are moving SW-NE.

That cell over Newcastle is most likely dropping a fair amount of hail, and if not, is dropping a serious amount of rain. But more than likely a considerable amount of hail in there causing the intense echoes on radar. Seems the cells that have occured over the Somerset and Manchester regions have been the most electrically active today going on strike detector. No surprise there given favourable conditions for lightning is over towards the west.

It's just dropping a serious amount of rain! The drops are huge though, as big as hailstones, and all the drains are overflowing.

All i need that Storm move North from Newcastle

Sorry, if anything it is starting to sink south ever so slightly. This looks like a 'training thunderstorms' event as the storms have aligned themselves up in a line, and are pushing W-E over the same places. In other words, several storms could move over the places which get the first.

Posted

I seem to be escaping the worst at the moment unlike Newcastle and Manchester who copped it along with somerset

have we reached the peak of this yet or is there more to come ?

and more importantly what are my chances of been clobbered by a storm as I have go out in about a hour

Edited by Gordon

Posted

Well the Met Office have now put kent under a warning!lol.....Looks like all the stuff that is over the west will hit us a little bit later on today/tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Metoffice local forecasts seem to be going for these storms and heavy showers to keep going well into the night. The local Midlands overnight forecast mentions considerable amounts of rain possible.

Posted

Extreme storm here, Honest to god the best I've ever seen in my life... 2cm hail and 24 strike rate per min

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Interesting radar motion in the Newcastle storm, seems to be rotating (as said above with a convergence likely), tornadic likelihood?

Posted

The storm has now seemed to have eased off, but I think there is something else brewing not to far away to the West / Northwest. Could this be storm number two? ;)

Posted

Metoffice local forecasts seem to be going for these storms and heavy showers to keep going well into the night. The local Midlands overnight forecast mentions considerable amounts of rain possible.

are you sure that's not the rain moving down from the North overnight as most showers are forecast to die away this evening

Posted

Interesting radar motion in the Newcastle storm, seems to be rotating (as said above with a convergence likely), tornadic likelihood?

Oh god I hope not! It was certainly the heaviest rain I've witnessed in a very long time though.

Posted

looking at my radar where I am the rain seems non existant

Posted

Just literally had to sprint home from sixth form in that storm, heaviest rain i've ever experienced in my life everywhere is flooded, it seems to have calmed off a bit now like. Was actually more scared of the rain than the thunder and lightening then lmao!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Huge downpour heading for Cleadon at the moment, according to the radar!

Unusually, Norwich is having a dull damp day with light-moderate rain while the exciting stuff affects the North East- I suppose it makes up for the numerous occasions when the opposite has happened.

Posted

Extreme storm here, Honest to god the best I've ever seen in my life... 2cm hail and 24 strike rate per min

wonder if that will get to doncaster

Posted

I seem to be escaping the worst at the moment unlike Newcastle and Manchester who copped it along with somerset

have we reached the peak of this yet or is there more to come ?

and more importantly what are my chances of been clobbered by a storm as I have go out in about a hour

Trough line approaching Warwickshire with some heavy showers along it, but a bit gappy still so they could miss you but I doubt it.

Just told my Dad in Cov to expect some heavy perhaps thundery showers soon and into this evening...so could be the kiss of death there...