Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

UK Outlook for Saturday 9 Feb 2019 to Saturday 23 Feb 2019:

Cold or very cold conditions are likely to dominate the weather throughout this period, with a greater than average chance of easterly or northeasterly winds dominating. This would bring an enhanced risk of snow, as well as widespread and occasionally severe frosts, although the exact details remain very uncertain. In this setup, the driest and brightest weather is likely in the north and northwest. Despite the prevalence of cold weather, occasional milder interludes remain possible, most likely in the south, although the incursion of these introduce a significant risk of snow should very cold conditions become established.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
15 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Upgrade.

Hopefully the worst/best will hold off 'til mid-Feb

Yer nice one bruva 

Thats an upgrade definitely. 

Edited by ICE COLD
  • Like 1

Posted

You couldn't ask for better on either update tbh. 

Lows scirting into biscay with hopefully cold air entrenched. 

• Like 1

Posted

I would say a very good update, apart from perhaps the final sentence, where it has gone from 'still a chance that even colder conditions may develop in early February' in recent days to 'still a small chance that even colder conditions may develop in early February'.  An upgrade in the shorter term, though.

Edited by Don
  • Like 3

Posted
56 minutes ago, Don said:

I would say a very good update, apart from perhaps the final sentence, where it has gone from 'still a chance that even colder conditions may develop in early February' in recent days to 'still a small chance that even colder conditions may develop in early February'.  An upgrade in the shorter term, though.

The chance is predicated on a downwelling wave arriving before the extended period begins .....assume the timing is firming up on behold day 15

Posted

I think we can call on this Easterly. It has been pushes back so much" Now its a small chance!! There is al ot of uncertainty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
Just now, northwestsnow said:

I dont understand ?

Sorry, sleep deprivation kicking in!

Was METO update recent or still the one from this morning?

Posted
23 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Sorry, sleep deprivation kicking in!

Was METO update recent or still the one from this morning?

The one at the bottom of the last page is today's it only updates once a day

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

UK Outlook for Saturday 9 Feb 2019 to Saturday 23 Feb 2019:

Cold or very cold conditions are likely to dominate the weather throughout this period, with a greater than average chance of easterly or northeasterly winds dominating. This would bring an enhanced risk of snow, as well as widespread and occasionally severe frosts, although the exact details remain very uncertain. In this setup, the driest and brightest weather is likely in the north and northwest. Despite the prevalence of cold weather, occasional milder interludes remain possible, most likely in the south, although the incursion of these introduce a significant risk of snow should very cold conditions become established.

4 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Upgrade.

Hopefully the worst/best will hold off 'til mid-Feb

I have absolutely no faith in that outlook. The 9th Feb is 15 days away, let alone up until 23 Feb.

There will need to a massive turn around in modelling for the meto's 'cold or very cold'. I will just wait for that line to be gradually removed.

Posted
2 hours ago, Lloyds32 said:

I have absolutely no faith in that outlook. The 9th Feb is 15 days away, let alone up until 23 Feb.

There will need to a massive turn around in modelling for the meto's 'cold or very cold'. I will just wait for that line to be gradually removed.

Now, I'm not saying I hold absolute faith in the MetO, far from it.....BUT, you're saying you dont have faith because of what the current models show........its that the models that dont go that far out, and aren't even reliable up to day 4???

I wouldn't hold any faith in any outcome past day 4 at the moment, so the best take away from these updates is that they arent showing above average boredom, just be happy about that!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Now, I'm not saying I hold absolute faith in the MetO, far from it.....BUT, you're saying you dont have faith because of what the current models show........its that the models that dont go that far out, and aren't even reliable up to day 4???

I wouldn't hold any faith in any outcome past day 4 at the moment, so the best take away from these updates is that they arent showing above average boredom, just be happy about that!

You have missed the point.

Posted

UK Outlook for Thursday 31 Jan 2019 to Saturday 9 Feb 2019:

A widespread frost to start on Thursday, before cloud and outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow pushes slowly east or northeast, with some uncertainty. Friday will perhaps see further spells of rain and snow, before clearer, colder weather sinks south again across all parts. By the weekend, it looks like staying unsettled, with further spells of rain, sleet and snow, interspersed by brighter and showery interludes. It will be windy at times, with the risk of coastal gales. There is still a chance that even colder conditions may develop as we go through the early part of February with an east or northeasterly flow dominating, which could bring an increased possibility of disruptive snow in places.

• Like 6

Posted

UK Outlook for Sunday 10 Feb 2019 to Sunday 24 Feb 2019:

• Like 7

Posted

Another good update, although I prefer yesterdays.  However, just highlights the amount of uncertainty for the end of next week.