Meto Uk Further Outlook

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I have just spent some time comparing their forecast issued on their web site at 0025 with the two latest Fax charts for Tuesday. They seemed at odds and this forecast seems to suggest what I beli

So this is what Exeter actually published UK Outlook for Sunday 20 Jan 2019 to Tuesday 29 Jan 2019: Sunday will be cold across the UK, but for many it will be dry; brightest in the southeast

In all the years of model watching 12-15 years, I cannot ever remember UK Met trawling a deep cold spell so far ahead, so consistently, and for such duration after its arrival. Not even the late Novem

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ICE COLD said:

Did you have a hand in writing that update Nick ? ? As in the V cold is back lol ?. Nice update and on to the 12z ‘s . 

well i did see ian's tweet about possible very cold early feb and made an educated guess !  (plus i received some other info yesterday which raises the percentage chances that v cold will come within three weeks)  

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

well i did see ian's tweet about possible very cold early feb and made an educated guess !  (plus i received some other info yesterday which raises the percentage chances that v cold will come within three weeks)  

Other info ? Oh do tell ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Excellent  news as means I'll be out of the UK, was starting to worry about weather related flight delays

It hope that the best will be saved for February ?

That update is actually better than I expected it to be.

Nothing amazing, but it does give chance for my location, down south, to see snow falling and temporarily settling which beats half the winters down here since 1990 already, we're that to materialise.

55 minutes ago, AWD said:

That update is actually better than I expected it to be.

Nothing amazing, but it does give chance for my location, down south, to see snow falling and temporarily settling which beats half the winters down here since 1990 already, we're that to materialise.

you need to move to somewhere like harlesden or peckham

2 hours ago, london-snow said:

Certainly a much more positive overnight update from the meto in their extended period this morning.

It yesterday's update

Nothing has changed in the 16 to 30 dayer and won't do so until late morning or early afternoon

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

It yesterday's update

Nothing has changed in the 16 to 30 dayer and won't do so until late morning or early afternoon

Not sure why they put an overnight time stamp on it then as its not strictly an update, if its left the same no matter what.

1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Not sure why they put an overnight time stamp on it then as its not strictly an update, if its left the same no matter what.

Everytime they update the 5 day forecasts the time stamp goes onto the longer range forecasts.

I was hoping the new website would fix this issue but as yet it hasn't albeit it is still in the beta phase

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UK Outlook for Tuesday 22 Jan 2019 to Thursday 31 Jan 2019:

Confidence is low for Tuesday, but outbreaks of rain, sleet and hill snow will probably edge southeastwards across the country, perhaps giving the risk of some snow to lower levels on the leading edge. Strong winds and wintry showers will follow, especially around windward coasts and hills and it will be cold, especially so in the wind, which will accentuate how cold it feels. Thereafter, it will remain cold and often changeable with further spells of rain, sleet and snow, perhaps with an increased chance of snow to low levels in the north and northwest, but with the potential elsewhere at times too. Some drier and brighter interludes are possible, bringing overnight frosts, which will be widespread and locally severe in any longer clear spells.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

UK Outlook for Friday 1 Feb 2019 to Friday 15 Feb 2019:

Cold and sometimes very cold weather will continue as we head through the first half of February. It is likely to remain changeable too, especially at first, bringing strong winds and spells of rain which will turn to snow at times. Snow will mainly affect higher ground in the north, but there is a greater risk to lower levels too with the cold air in place. Some drier and brighter periods are possible as well, perhaps becoming focused across the northwest with time. Occasional milder and wetter interludes may intersperse the generally cold conditions, these most likely in the south but also posing a more significant risk of snow and ice.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Yesterday the chance of snow at low levels was greater in the north and east. Today north and northwest. This indicates more chance of north/northwesterlies than easterlies.

Just now, MattStoke said:

Updates today seem a bit odd, in that there is no mention of the possible easterly next week.

I suppose the very cold mention at the start  illustrates the Easterly wind?.

1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Updates today seem a bit odd, in that there is no mention of the possible easterly next week.

The easterly is before this period is it not 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1