Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not a great update, get the impression any cold in Jan is transient ridges of high pressure, or perhaps the odd toppler

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not a great update, get the impression any cold in Jan is transient ridges of high pressure, or perhaps the odd toppler

I have no idea where to start ........

• Like 8

Posted
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Your reading comprehension is awful ‘these (wintry) conditions probably continuing for rest of the period’.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion from that. Doesn’t look anything like that to me. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
14 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

I have no idea where to start ........

I’d probably leave it there tbh that says enough lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
17 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I think you might have misread your chicken's entrails, 252: what you assumed to be a kidney may in fact have been the left testicle!

Posted

The last few updates have been poor in terms of cold potential when compared to the updates a few days ago. That is a fact. Everything is relative. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
27 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Are you on the sauce or what ??? Topplers ?? God give me strength. It’s as you were . 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
8 minutes ago, swfc said:

Tbh he may turn out to be correct.barring time travel ete who knows ???

Maybe but that’s not what the update says which is what this threads about. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

UK Outlook for Thursday 27 Dec 2018 to Saturday 5 Jan 2019:

Generally quiet weather is expected to end the week, with high pressure to the southeast of the UK. A frontal system is likely to push from west to east across the north of the country on Friday, with some rain and possibly hill snow for Scotland, with colder weather following for a time. High pressure is likely to remain close by to the UK next weekend and into early January with generally settled conditions continuing. Occasional frontal systems across the north and west likely to bring some rain and possibly hill snow for Scotland, with clearer and showery conditions following. Any clear spells overnight will bring a risk of frost or fog. Temperatures generally staying on the mild side, but perhaps colder at times in the north.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

UK Outlook for Sunday 6 Jan 2019 to Sunday 20 Jan 2019:

Generally quite settled and dry across the south with variable amounts of cloud and overnight mist and fog patches. Perhaps more changeable in the north with rain and stronger winds at times. Probably turning more widely unsettled for a time in early January with showers or longer spells of rain and stronger winds affecting all parts along with some hill snow in the north. By mid-month there is the increasing chance of colder weather, with the likelihood of frost, fog and snow, with these conditions probably continuing for the rest of the period. Despite the potential change to colder weather through mid-January, some milder, wet and windy interludes remain possible throughout the period.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/forecast/gcpvj0v07#?date=2018-12-22

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

despite the fact they say the cold weather probably continuing till the end of the period,so maybe a prolonged cold spell ,if you are able to read their update correctly!

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 2

Posted
52 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Give over Ian ..

• Like 4

Posted

Funny how different people interpret different things differently.

Update doesn’t look much different to yesterday’s to me. Get the impression that any response to the strat warming in terms of cold conditions may just take a little longer than they originally thought.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

UK Outlook for Sunday 6 Jan 2019 to Sunday 20 Jan 2019:

Generally quite settled and dry across the south with variable amounts of cloud and overnight mist and fog patches. Perhaps more changeable in the north with rain and stronger winds at times. Probably turning more widely unsettled for a time in early January with showers or longer spells of rain and stronger winds affecting all parts along with some hill snow in the north. By mid-month there is the increasing chance of colder weather, with the likelihood of frost, fog and snow, with these conditions probably continuing for the rest of the period. Despite the potential change to colder weather through mid-January, some milder, wet and windy interludes remain possible throughout the period.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/forecast/gcpvj0v07#?date=2018-12-22

If we take 'mid-month' to be around the 15th, 'probably continuing for the rest of period' might mean only 5-days' cold weather...?

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

If we take 'mid-month' to be around the 15th, 'probably continuing for the rest of period' might mean only 5-days' cold weather...?

Exactly! lol

Posted
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Funny how different people interpret different things differently.

Update doesn’t look much different to yesterday’s to me. Get the impression that any response to the strat warming in terms of cold conditions may just take a little longer than they originally thought.

Agree matt, sounds like a slow burner....

Thats fine by me, im thinking the high moving north slowly...

Posted
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Agree matt, sounds like a slow burner....

Thats fine by me, im thinking the high moving north slowly...

Very slow burner as we are talking about 25 or more days from now. A lot of things can go wrong till then.

Posted
1 minute ago, karyo said:

Very slow burner as we are talking about 25 or more days from now. A lot of things can go wrong till then.

Of course..

The trend today is for high pressure to move north towards year end

.i wouldnt be at all suprised to see the further outlook upgraded tomorrow..(obv depends if this trend continues).