Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

richardc1983

19.8C In Leeds At 21:30

Good evening everyone

Here tonight in Leeds its 19.8C and very muggy indeed... is this normal for this time of year?

Not complaining like its better than August!

Good evening everyone

Here tonight in Leeds its 19.8C and very muggy indeed... is this normal for this time of year?

18.6 in North Norfolk, warmer than some recent days....

18.6 in North Norfolk, warmer than some recent days....

Hello Norfolkweather

Tonight at 22:10 its dropped to 19.30C this is warmer than some summer evenings have been this year!

Is this what they mean by Indian Summer?

Hello Norfolkweather

Tonight at 22:10 its dropped to 19.30C this is warmer than some summer evenings have been this year!

Certainly been a warm couple of days here too with both days recording highs of 20.6c. However we are really lacking the very high temperatures that you expect to achieve at some point in September. I think the highest so far is only 23c and cant see that being surpassed during the rest of the month.

17.9C currently and it definitely feels mild out there with it. Being the end of summer/early autumn there is still plenty of warm air to tap into when the winds are in the right direction.....

Good evening everyone

It was 18.6c so not quite 19.8c but still a very warm night, warmer than 99% of all summer nights which is interesting, but nothing unusual providing the conditions are right. 

It was 18.6c so not quite 19.8c but still a very warm night, warmer than 99% of all summer nights which is interesting, but nothing unusual providing the conditions are right.

THe 19.8C is on my digital thermometers outside. I am in LS15 area. I have just got into work and our Building Management System reports 19.3C outside.

Hello Norfolkweather

I hope not, I would like a real Indian summer, clear sunny days, cool nights

Down to 17.7 now, dropping like a stone (not)

17.7c and feelin muggy. Great not needing a coat against the cold although the rain made it a requirement none the less!

I'll keep these mild nights as means I can keep the bathroom window open all night.

We are in a warm sector with SW winds at the moment and with Leeds being in the lee of the Pennines there is likely to be a slight fohn effect, raising the temperature a tad.

18.3c here. Not gonna get a good night's sleep tonight :(

18.3c here. Not gonna get a good night's sleep tonight :(

But it's not been hot today nor sunny so your house surely hasn't warmed up too much?

It's only 20-21c in here like normal, the difference being it won't fall to 18c overnight instead holding at about 20c.

17.6c here. Feels mild out there however no problems for sleeping tonight

Yeah it's a good job it was overcast for most of the day, otherwise it would be a very uncomfortable night.

Im thinking Monday Night may well be even warmer with higher uppers, the GFS is probably seriously undercooking the temperatures for then as the fohn effect is bound to happen, im expecting a 23c in Hawarden or somewhere during Monday.

Yeah it's a good job it was overcast for most of the day, otherwise it would be a very uncomfortable night.

Uncomfortable nights are impossible in this house - unless it gets too cold in winter :(

32 °C at 2:15am in Dubai at the moment, not my cup of tea. It's 17.0c here with heavy rain, fairly mild but nothing exceptional.

Uncomfortable nights are impossible in this house - unless it gets too cold in winter :(

The colder the better! Nothing better than a cold winters night.

The colder the better! Nothing better than a cold winters night.

You should try... my house + the complaining noise coming from my missus + my gas bill.. to find there are a lot better things than a cold winters night!

Although saying that I do enjoy a _real_ cold winters night i.e. many degrees below zero. It's just the gass guzzling but boring 2-6c I hate.

Some are saying that the overcast weather at least means that houses didn't warm up much during the day- which is true. But it's also worth noting that the same cloud, wind and drizzle that kept the day relatively cool are also strongly helping to keep the night unusually warm.

Flat lined at 17.7c here - it was prob June it was last still this warm at almost midnight. How I miss the wonderful weather of June...

Flat lined at 17.7c here - it was prob June it was last still this warm at almost midnight. How I miss the wonderful weather of June...

17.5c Here now

THe 19.8C is on my digital thermometers outside. I am in LS15 area. I have just got into work and our Building Management System reports 19.3C outside.

I'm in LS15 too :(

My not so accurate probe out the window jobby says it's 18ºc. John Smeaton's weather station says it's 16.1ºc

Currently 16.4C here - the min so far.

Its not a world away from the highest minima Ive recorded since 1982 of 16.7C. So its definitely a notably warm night. The weather is pretty rotten though!

16.9c was our low with rain on & off all night. Also some extremely irritating car alarms going off at 10 min intervals at around 2am which was most helpful for my sleep!

• High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

More warmth and little rain in the forecast as May ends

HIgh pressure is slipping over the UK bringing settled and dry weather. Light winds before it moves away eastwards at the end of the week and the warmth extends northwards. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather