Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temps

Wilxy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I have got an electric fire on this morning as it is starting to feel rather cool in the house now at 17.6c :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

This house now cooling after being around 20.5c for many weeks. Several mostly sunless days, a chilly night and a wind have dragged temps down to 18-19c. That's fine for me after cycling home but it won't be good enough for the missus to sit in all evening. Good job we're down the pub really...

Posted

our house gets warm in the summer and cold in the winter. however i usually find i can offset this temperature difference if i put the heating on

Posted

Im gonna resist from putting the heating on tonight but it is getting fresh in the house now! on goes another jumper.

16.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

19.0c in the front room, 20.1c in the back room, where the sun has been on it most the day. Not long before the back room really starts dropping though. The dining room/ kitchen has a sunlouge attached to it with no doors to seperate the rooms. Sunlouge = warm in Summer, cold in Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

It was 17C in my living room and 16C in the hall when I got home today. I just put the heat pump on for 10mins to bang the living room temp up to 20C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Still 25ºc in my room. It'll cool down soon as the Northerly arrives.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

After an evening of cooking dinner then going out all evening it's settled on 18.5c in here which is about as low as I like it when sat around.

Unfortunately it will drop during the night under clear skies (down to 11.9c out there already) so I'm half thinking of setting the heating clock... I hate being cold in the mornings as my body is always at it's coldest when at its sleepiest (mornings).

I really really really haven't missed planning running the heating system for this place... It's so much easier during summer just opening the window a crack when you want some fresh air instead of setting heating timers, radiator tap settings, doors closed to stop rooms getting cold etc... But we're moving away from the comfortable time of year now so best start thinking about it really!

Posted

17.0c indoors this morning with a nice cool breeze coming in through the open back door. Mind, I am wearing a dressing gown! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

15.5c on the landing this morning and the central heating kicked in for the first time since May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

It was 15.6C in my living room this morning. I never bother with heating in a morning. I'm never around for more than 20 min, so not worth it. If it's really cold, I'll stick a halogen heater for the duration on one bar.

Posted

Morning is usually the only time I do put the heating on - but only because I tend to sit around in a dressing gown for a couple of hours before getting ready for work. Won't be going on for a good few weeks yet though, need a run of decent frosts first :rolleyes:

Posted

Either people must live in some really badly insulated houses, or i live in an incredibly warm one.

Temp hasn't dropped below 21.5 degrees yet inside here.

Ok, i am in a city apartment with others above me, but we do open windows for fresh air. I guess modern structures (although we don't have cavity wall insulation, the building is from the 1970's) and smaller properties cool down more slowly.

The idea of needing central heating in September..... ours won't go on for another couple of months.

Posted

Either people must live in some really badly insulated houses, or i live in an incredibly warm one.

Temp hasn't dropped below 21.5 degrees yet inside here.

Ok, i am in a city apartment with others above me, but we do open windows for fresh air. I guess modern structures (although we don't have cavity wall insulation, the building is from the 1970's) and smaller properties cool down more slowly.

The idea of needing central heating in September..... ours won't go on for another couple of months.

Flats are almost always warmer - in same way terraced houses are to a lesser extent. But if you live in a detached house you've got more outside walls and less other warm houses around you- really makes a difference. Mine is detached although built into a hillside so not quite four exposed walls but the forth is still against solid earth and not a neighbours warm house!

Insulation is poor as it's an old building and we only have insert double glazing downstairs (not proper stuff). Although no central heating on in ours yet! May run the gas fire for first time on a chilly evening to take the edge off soon I'm thinking though.

Sun has warmed it to 19c now - do a bit of cooking, add two bodies and two extra computers running and it'll top it up to 20c no doubt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Got down to 20.1C earlier today, which is quite cool for here. Currently 21.0C. I live in an apartment with people below and above so rarely gets too low here.

Posted

17.1c around the house this evening and it is cooling down about 0.2c an hour at the moment so I expect a chilly morning trying to stay under bed covers as long as i can before work! :lol:

Posted

Warmed a little to 19.3c which is that bit too nippy for sitting around in (unless you wrap up). Still not needed to burn any gas just yet!

Posted

Just beginning to notice the difference in the lounge now because, despite a lot of sunshine yesterday, the room

didn't get above 19.2c and currently it's 18.2c.

I'm sat here quite comfortably in t-shirt and shorts but it will certainly be noticeable come tomorrow morning due

to this room getting no direct sunlight after 08.00!

Posted

Utility room temperature got down to 11.4°C this morning, and kitchen (usually warmest in the house) down to a mere 17.7°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Dipped to 18.6C this morning, currently 19.1C. Feels much colder than that though...

Posted

16.5c in the living room early this morning (after having the gas fire on a little during evening). Sun heated it back to a better 19.3c this morning but dropped away now sun has moved round.

Felt the chill last night with any exposed skin when in bed feeling very cold.