Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm General Discussion Thread

J10

Posted

Very light rain just started, ready for a long night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

So then, who is expecting storms tonight? I was expecting something until I saw the CAPE and Lifted index, it's like Leicester City's form at the moment, poor.

Leicester who? Watching things unfold and I`m thinking you are right ....L.C.F.C....Damp squib, as tonight will become !! Anly jestin..............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looking at the radar, it doesn't look all that intense. Is it suppose to intensify?

Posted

Looking at the radar, it doesn't look all that intense. Is it suppose to intensify?

Not to sure but i think it looks impressive so far. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

I was listening to some trippy Pink Floyd earlier and the radar image was moving in time to the music!! It was fantastic!

I need to get a life or something really.

Posted

The strongest winds won't arrive until overnight into tomorrow morning. The storm is currently to the SW measuring 1002mb. As this storm tracks NE and develops the pressure will drop to around 986mb. The strongest winds will be on the W flank of the LP and in my opinion the coasts of Lincs, Norfolk will experience the strongest winds.

Thanks for those thoughts TEITS, I was just wondering how many apples and pears I will be throwing away tomorrow as they are still not ripe enough for picking. well the pears anyway.

I was wondering if this storm? had been a bit hype up on here but it does look to bring plenty of rain if not gales.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Not to sure but i think it looks impressive so far. :)

That to me after years of radar watching, looks to be at least one to onea nd a half inches in the pink zone, depends on the time it takes to go over us, maybe a secondary low will form and that is where the trouble comes from.

The pink areas can almost be assured an inch though.

I was listening to some trippy Pink Floyd earlier and the radar image was moving in time to the music!! It was fantastic!

I get that affect sometimes but not with pink flyod :)

maybe brown flood is more the ticket?

Posted

Looks pretty wet from the UKMO radar I'm watching!!! Widespread rates over 8mm per hour and it'll show localised intensification with time.

Track of heaviest PPN looks as expected. Parts of Devon, S Somerset, N Dorset, Wilts gonna get v v soaked. No SFERICS yet on the ATDNet system. But frankly, thunder irrelevant with this system.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

5mm in the last hour- and I get the feeling its not really hit yet..

Posted

I hope those areas will be ok, they are in the middle of the holiday season and there will be alot of folk about, and what with all the trees in full leaf, it could be very dangerous for the east coast??!

Mostly the danger will be caravans i think. Mind you unless you get a F10 which isn't forecast then I doubt they will turn over. I personally am not expecting to much from this storm with regard to wind, just a normal autumn gale I think.

Posted

Very heavy rain falling here now from I suspect is the line convection, now becoming torrential in nature

Not line convection - embedded convective strip, but not true line convection. More to come for you folks there. Not looking fun on roads.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Looks pretty wet from the UKMO radar I'm watching!!! Widespread rates over 8mm per hour and it'll show localised intensification with time.

Track of heaviest PPN looks as expected. Parts of Devon, S Somerset, N Dorset, Wilts gonna get v v soaked. No SFERICS yet on the ATDNet system. But frankly, thunder irrelevant with this system.

Certainly wet here for the last hour. I suspect that there are heavier pulses of convective rainfall embedded in the band - and that is ahead of the main system. I moved in to this house in April and this is the heaviest rainfall I have experienced since then!

Posted

well here in devizes wiltshire... its starting to rain lightly. but we wil get lots of rain acording to ian.... nice to see ya, not seen ya post much since the snow days :) haha

Posted

Chionomaniac,

That sounds about right, the lack of rain has been a major problem on the coast this year. sadly this has come to late to revive my garden. Looks to me as if the worst of the weather will now arrive after midnight. I don't think we were originally in the line of fire for this one at all so it is a bonus for me really.

By the way, I am amazed it is still so warm, 18.5C seems very warm for this time of evening in late August.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Leicester who? Watching things unfold and I`m thinking you are right ....L.C.F.C....Damp squib, as tonight will become !! Anly jestin..............

LOL you are spot on there :)

I think heavy rain is a certainty tonight but thunder looks unlikely.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Watch out kent , light to moderate raining heading your way! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Chionomaniac,

That sounds about right, the lack of rain has been a major problem on the coast this year. sadly this has come to late to revive my garden. Looks to me as if the worst of the weather will now arrive after midnight. I don't think we were originally in the line of fire for this one at all so it is a bonus for me really.

By the way, I am amazed it is still so warm, 18.5C seems very warm for this time of evening in late August.

Yes, I have a very immature garden that has needed lots of watering - not good now I am on a meter!

The SE has felt very sultry these last few days and with the jet diving south it was only a matter of time before this type of weather engulfed us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Light rain has just started here! It will be interesting to see how things go from here on in! Very calm out there though with no wind! Almost like the calm before the storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Can certainly tell something is on its way.

Its very still and humid outside now AND i have one of those headaches i get when a storms coming ( normally thunder ) but i suppose in this case it isnt.

Posted

Piper at the Gates of Dawn or Dark Side of the Moon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

started to drizzle about half hour ago here now turned into moderate rain, when do you think the torrential rain could hit or is it not likely to be that bad in essex?