Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With all these heat waves across the Northern Hemisphere, there have been some very high daytime maxima and night minima. Without doing too much research, i have read that in Sibi, Pakistan there was a minima of 37C(!) on 27th June 2010. Anyone know what the record high minima anywhere in the world is, or anything higher than 37C?

With all these heat waves across the Northern Hemisphere, there have been some very high daytime maxima and night minima. Without doing too much research, i have read that in Sibi, Pakistan there was a minima of 37C(!) on 27th June 2010. Anyone know what the record high minima anywhere in the world is, or anything higher than 37C?

Death valley is a good culprit as is saudi arabia too.... epescially when the datime max are fast approaching 50C :)

37C must be pretty close. Try looking for records around the Persian Gulf, my bet would be around there.

Interestingly, i found a weather station located on one of the man made palm tree islands in Dubai! It's only been up for a couple of weeks, and the highest minima is 37.0C!

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IDUBAIDU8&day=12&year=2010&month=3&graphspan=year

Death valley is a good culprit as is saudi arabia too.... epescially when the datime max are fast approaching 50C mellow.gif

I'd be surprised if Death Valley was a good culprit - don't they have quite low minima considering it's a desert?

• High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

More warmth and little rain in the forecast as May ends

HIgh pressure is slipping over the UK bringing settled and dry weather. Light winds before it moves away eastwards at the end of the week and the warmth extends northwards. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather