Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Variuos Timelapse+Slow Motion

Posted

Got abit bored with waiting for Storms so compiled this from some collected timelapse and slow motion clips over the yrs...Enjoy

edit...I love the music ..sorry if you dont

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Stunning Pat - And I love the Music!

Some of those Timelapses I remember where we were, Nebraska Mammatus and Texas Convection, also saw the Colorado Tornado Timelapse in there.

I guess most of these are shot with the much revered Casio Camera that I want!! :lol:

Paul S

Posted

Stunning Pat - And I love the Music!

Some of those Timelapses I remember where we were, Nebraska Mammatus and Texas Convection, also saw the Colorado Tornado Timelapse in there.

I guess most of these are shot with the much revered Casio Camera that I want!! :p

Paul S

chere s Paul...lol....I was so chilled watching that..lol..

Yes Casio and Panasonic......and yes you were correct on the Cloud scapes(Panasonic)......was going to put the Colarado Tornado in there but thought it was not appropiate on this occasion....

Some Spain and Greece shots there plus Devon and Cheltenham ..

:lol:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Enjoyed the video,especially the slow motion clips....

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Thanks for that Pat nice and mellow, good relaxation tool... Ive been trying my hand at this time-lapse malarkey with mediocre results. Ive only attempted twice so third time lucky..!! I will do some later today as there's some pretty impressive skies at the moment but i need to take it from my daughters bedroom but shes still in there fast asleep (she was out late last nite and probably has a hangover) so i best wait until she wakes on her own accord...

Posted

cheers Guys....

Yea felt like doing something chilled out for a change.

to be honest NL its very easy but I would use a battery operated remote connected to your camera or with Canon you can connect your camera to your pc(or laptop for mobile use) with remote software..goodlluck...look foward to the results..

I use mainly 1 frame per second for time lapse so things dont fly across to quickly..

the slow motion was around 300 frames per second :doh:

apart from the dragon flies + bees(600)Casio

cloud scapes were all 1fps (per sec with panisonic

now for my next adventure Green Screen effects :D

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Morning Pat, well i tried again late afternoon when that line of showers moved down from the borders, unfortunately the showers were pretty lame right on the coast with the heavier stuff a few miles inland I had the canon plugged into my laptop and set the frame rate at 4 seconds and shot for 2 hours, the results were satisfactory but not good enough imo for public viewing so ive binned them and will have another attempt with your reccomendation frame rate set at 1 per/sec. I was going to shoot at that rate but had concerns whether it would 'wear-out' the canon shooting so many times in fairly quick succession, guess thats me just being over cautious. Anyways cheers Pat will post when ive managed to capture something worthwhile..

Posted

Morning Pat, well i tried again late afternoon when that line of showers moved down from the borders, unfortunately the showers were pretty lame right on the coast with the heavier stuff a few miles inland I had the canon plugged into my laptop and set the frame rate at 4 seconds and shot for 2 hours, the results were satisfactory but not good enough imo for public viewing so ive binned them and will have another attempt with your reccomendation frame rate set at 1 per/sec. I was going to shoot at that rate but had concerns whether it would 'wear-out' the canon shooting so many times in fairly quick succession, guess thats me just being over cautious. Anyways cheers Pat will post when ive managed to capture something worthwhile..

keep at it....once you get it will be worth it...

Its like lightning I found the more you do the easier it becomes...

took me many times,and Im still trying to get better...good luck.

look forward to when you post up..

ps...In reality you could cheat timelapse with a free image extracter and compile this as timelapse...the down side is screen grabs loose the quality..

you can also cheat slow motion.....but the down side is you dont get as many 1,000's of frames to play with......I used to do all these techniques yrs ago....

at present experimenting with video HDR and Green screen effects......take a while before im any good...but the end results should be mind blowing...plus the time is a problem

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Not looking likely for any time-lapse movies from me today skies around here are pretty non-discript with a grey blanket of stratos (unless a gravity wave passes through..!!):)...

Ive a canon 350d and as far as i'm aware the camera doesn't have a 'time-lapse' function so i use DSLR remote pro then copy images to Picasa 3 then use the time-lapse function to compile the images into a movie.. Please Pat if you can enlighten me on an alternative method with better results it would be well appreciated..

Cheers Paul..(NL)

Posted

Not looking likely for any time-lapse movies from me today skies around here are pretty non-discript with a grey blanket of stratos (unless a gravity wave passes through..!!):lol:...

Ive a canon 350d and as far as i'm aware the camera doesn't have a 'time-lapse' function so i use DSLR remote pro then copy images to Picasa 3 then use the time-lapse function to compile the images into a movie.. Please Pat if you can enlighten me on an alternative method with better results it would be well appreciated..

Cheers Paul..(NL)

If my Hotfile account is still working...I will send you a link for some info...and stuff if it helps...

give me a few days as Im extremely busy with band work.....but hopefully by friday I will Pm you with hotfile link...or Hotmail email.. :)

Posted

Thanks Pat, looking forward to receiving info/links etc. Ive spent many hours seaching the net for stuff but always seem to end up going around in circles..:).. In the meantime if anything worthwhile comes along (weather wise) i'll soldier on with Picasa as it aint too bad but like you say quality is compromised somewhat (actually some frames were really bad, blurred and grainy). Thanks again Pat for your time..:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Absoloutly beautiful time lapse you have done there Pat.:) I really enjoyed watching this . So soothing and I have that music too Lol. :D I love the way you have put it all together, Nature is astounding,Thank you for sharing.:)

Edited by Jane Louise