Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mexico Storm Potential?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Hi everyone ive just been looking at some 5 day weather forecasts for playa del carmen, mexico im flying out tommorow!

Theres a chance for isolated thunderstorms but i dont know what the likelyhood of me seeing one will be can anyone give me a little more insight please!

thanks guys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi everyone ive just been looking at some 5 day weather forecasts for playa del carmen, mexico im flying out tommorow!

Theres a chance for isolated thunderstorms but i dont know what the likelyhood of me seeing one will be can anyone give me a little more insight please!

thanks guys

Its bad enough trying to get an accurate 5 day forecast for the UK, let alone Mexico...lol....but a good first stop would be to log on to www.weather.com...When I lived stateside, I found the site invaluable for storm chasing....If you've got wi-fi where your staying, its got up to the minute doppler as well as many other real-time features......No doubt other members on here will be able to provide links to more in-depth forecasting though :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Its bad enough trying to get an accurate 5 day forecast for the UK, let alone Mexico...lol....but a good first stop would be to log on to www.weather.com...When I lived stateside, I found the site invaluable for storm chasing....If you've got wi-fi where your staying, its got up to the minute doppler as well as many other real-time features......No doubt other members on here will be able to provide links to more in-depth forecasting though :cray:

Agree with www.weather.com, the website of the weather channel. I am frequently checking up on it ahead of my holiday next week!

Posted
Big, slow-moving, repeating thunderstorms will fire over the water and nearby areas from Honduras, Guatemala and Belize to Mexico's Yucatan, Chiapas, Campeche, Quintana Roo and Tabasco states

www.accuweather.com/blogs

A wealth of information on Northern and the top half of Southern US here:

www.weather.gov

and specifically here:

www.playaweather.com

and here:

www.smn.cna.gob.mx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Thanks guys youve helped me loads!!

this is why i love this forum!! :lol:

Playaweather just says partly cloudy but weather.com says scattered/isolated thunderstorms!

Who do I trust?

Posted

Who do I trust?

The Pilot..... :lol: