Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Potential - June 13Th >>>>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Had heavy rain, light rain, no rain and just rain.

No thunder though.

The radar is a little worring as it sjust this cell heading for me.

Cant see much going to happen at this rate round here

Posted

I have a HD camcorder too, a Samsung R10. As you would imagine I'm itching to try it out filming a storm! 

this is the only photo i have captured with an older camera, was over 4 yrs ago.

sorry if its off topic.

Posted

I have a HD camcorder too, a Samsung R10. As you would imagine I'm itching to try it out filming a storm!

What frame rate per second does that run at?

cheers

Posted

From the sounds of things, it all seems to be dying off for the night nearly everywhere. All we got here is a very light shower. More on the way but not much hope for anything interesting included with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Local weather station has recorded 25mm rain, 2.9mm per min at 21.51!!!

Posted

cheers

mines 30fps :)

Posted

Mammatus was bubbling like a saucepan gone crazy on the stove here! When I looked out to my WSW, I knew Boston was gonna get something special. The shelf cloud was extremely impressive, excellent formation.... VERY dark underparts.. when I heard the first rumble, my first thought was 'batten down the hatches!'

yes made it to Conisholme, very impressive, however it has come to a halt almost for the past half hour with the storm raging over the wolds.

LO

cheers

60 and 30 depending on the mode. Also there is a slow motion (much lower res) that records for 10 seconds at either 250fps or 500fps :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Appears Lincoln is the NEW Kent

Lincs/Cambs/Petes tend to do as well as Kent, if not better during certain years. Kent does much better during plume events :) of which are becoming increasingly few and far between.

Mind you - still only mid-June, few more months to go to catch up :D

Posted

WOW we have............rain its now the most exciting thing this week!!!! id imagine thats all we are going to get :)

Someone has put a curse on this area for exciting weather. Bring on the winter storms lol

the heavier stuff here is pivoting back round and heading this way! I don't know how much of it, if any, is electrified, but I have a good view out to the east out of my windows so I'll know if there's a distant flash!

Posted

60 and 30 depending on the mode. Also there is a slow motion (much lower res) that records for 10 seconds at either 250fps or 500fps :)

Cheers mate,

I just bought one on ebay :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just heard the BBC weatherman state that there are nasty storms currently in many parts of the country, especially Derbyshire....Hmm, which alternative reality radar is he looking at??

Posted

the heavier stuff here is pivoting back round and heading this way! I don't know how much of it, if any, is electrified, but I have a good view out to the east out of my windows so I'll know if there's a distant flash!

funny that i'm doing exactly the same here !

Posted

Just heard the BBC weatherman state that there are nasty storms currently in many parts of the country, especially Derbyshire....Hmm, which alternative reality radar is he looking at??

:)

i had to lol at that....

Oh well we have christmas to look forward to :D

still heavy rain here.....Just absolutely nothing else

Edited by dogs32

Posted

plenty of Cg over the wolds from what i can see, the shelf cloud is still over me on the coast and in the fding light the manmantus clouds are the best ive ever seen. Bright Orange flashes are lighting up the sky now with a fair amount of regularity.

LO

Derbyshire?!

LOL!!  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Trying to cover up what they thought would happen across the country this evening. Thank god for the amazing mammatus display here as otherwise its been another pathetic attempt with only Lincs, the usual place bagging all again.

Looks like a long wait from now on too with High pressure in control.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

plenty of Cg over the wolds from what i can see, the shelf cloud is still over me on the coast and in the fding light the manmantus clouds are the best ive ever seen. Bright Orange flashes are lighting up the sky now with a fair amount of regularity.

LO

Thanks for the heads up on that was looking in the wrong place. Just turned the tv off and looked out East towards robin hood airport and saw a flash of lightening.

Posted

Thanks for the heads up on that was looking in the wrong place. Just turned the tv off and looked out East towards robin hood airport and saw a flash of lightening.

cheers mate! thats pretty close to me then :)

Posted

Cant even see any flashes from North of the storm just lots of low cloud which is annoyin seen as tho I was watching a storm on the Dutch coast a few weeks back clearly grrrr :)

Cool! I'm gonna have a hardcore stare out to the east for a few mins now :)