Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2nd Annual Netweather Stormchase Bbq

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi BZ

The more the merrier! Should be loads of room for another tent, we are taking a spare for the booze :doh:

Going to try to Pm most of the Surrey, Kent, Essex, Herts and London crowd this week to try and sort out car sharing etc

Good to see another newbie there.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Just a quick question to all in the London and Home Counties areas who are driving and Car Sharing etc

I hope I have not missed anyone out but I think the following from this area are going.

Me

John Hanrahan

Ian Cameron

TornadoJo

Harry Hill

Dave Vicary

Nick Finnis

John is staying with me on the Friday after I pick him up from Stanstead and Ian is also staying over so we have 3 that will be starting out from Leigh On Sea. I know Jo said she could drive as well so thinking maybe 2 cars should do it for the trip. Nick usually drives up from Kent and leaves his car at mine as well so maybe Jo could give Harry and Dave a seat in her car.

If anyone has any other ideas please put them in this thread

It is only 3 WEEKS Away Now! :blink: :doh:

Hey Guys,

This is fine by me.

Spoke to Dave the other day. He mentioned getting the train out to good old bas vegas so harry i don't know if you'd want to do that?

If not I can pick you guys up from a train station on route? Maybe Upminster or Boreham wood or somewhere near the M25 thats pretty easy for us all to get to?

PM me your thoughts xxx

I reckon I can fit 1 more person if anyone needs a ride?

Jo

-x-

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hi guys and Gals!Just over two weeks and we shall see Worcestershires biggest and best BBQS.... well hopefully!! Just for fun Im putting up the BBQ forecast from the GFS and at its limits its showing the weather not too bad....of course it will change! But heres hoping, and at !"Pickerings Palace" we shall certainly be looking intently at the model forecast in the days ahead 8):drinks::doh::p

post-6830-072991200 1280432903_thumb.png

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

:p Well 3 Days have passed and if anything it looks even better for the BBQ Event of the Year! High Pressure even closer and just for a change this year none of those pesky Severe Thunderstorms to contend with :);):) :blink:

post-24-075420000 1280691556_thumb.png

Posted

Address as follows for everyone to tap into their Sat Navs etc

28 Pershore Road

Hampton

Evesham

Worcestershire

WR11 2PG

It is on the B4084

Seeing as this got lost about 5 pages back - Here is the address again

Posted

Just getting everything organized ,now, this weekend Im going to road test the New BBQ and gazebo,whatever the weather! When everyone arrives there is a small road which goes to the back of our house , My Girlfriend has made a special "stormchase, BBq sign" with an arrow pointing the way to go ,it will be yellow and blue, so you should not miss it!! Actually I was tempted to have the arrow point in two different directions ,but of course that would not be kind, :p B) :lol: for all you hungry and thirsty people as I know you will have all travelled a long way. There is plenty of parking for all and there is no reason why cars cant be parked on the meadow,but I will be there ,so no worries. I did mention,earlier if anybody could bring along some foldup chairs that would be good, I probably can get over twenty seats or so. Anyway looking forward to the kneesup, just really,really hoping that the weather will at least be dry..... :whistling: :lol: :excl: 8)

Posted

Hey People,

New to the storm chase group...Just want to say im gonna saddened to miss this BBQ , cant get any more weekends off work for awhile, would of been great to get to know yous all

and of course watch some epic storm chase footage..... ANd of course eat loads of food ha.

SO ye Sorry again.

Yous are all more than welcome to keep me updated online when i get home from work to the happenings of the evening ha.!

Kind regards,

Ian Carruthers

Posted

Ok

Need to try and do a Conference Call type Post :wacko:

So The Following can you please read and let us know how best for all of us to get to Worcestershire! LOL

Me

Nick F

John H

Ian Cameron

Jo

Dave Vicary

Harry

And Maybe Claire

Now I have a wee problemo, me wifey needs the Brats car on Sunday Morning so I only have use of the 2 Seater. So I am guessing me and John will take that car, problemo is I have Mr Cameron at my house, so question being is Can Nick Drive and also pick up Jo, Dave and Harry as well, or if Nick is driving straight there can Jo be the other driver and then that brings Claire into the equation.

I am sure people can get to easy pick up points at Railway stations etc if we need to pick up at one point.

It now also appears I have a 9 Man Tent :clap: :blink: So it should just about fit me and Ian in it, well maybe ickle John as well.

Any chance we can try and sort this out by the edn of this week.

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

hey all, hey paul.

I am currently planning to drive harry, dave n kris. i was going to get harry from lakeside dave n chris from upminster. this would give me a full car.

however, you know me I'm easy :blink: (joke!) if there's a better way then I'm up for it.

j x

Posted

Thanks Jo

That makes it easier.

Will send Mr Finnis a Pm and see what his plans are. :blink:

And Claire if you cant drive I am sure we can pick you up on route if needs be.

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

As per PM to Mr Sherman, I don't mind driving to Worcestershire and picking up stragglers without a lift in Essex on the way on Saturday morning.

I have no sat nav though, so will be good old fashioned navigating by map.

Looking forward to it, lets hope the weather plays ball.

Posted

Sounds as though there is a compy on..........I'll bring the Braughing sausages...................

They will win hands down, you cannot beat a Braughing Sausage

Posted

Another 3 days have passed so another look at the possible weather and no real change with High Pressure to the West of the Uk maybe exerting a little influence but temps in the low 20's still with little or no rain and certainly no MCS! :cray:

post-24-057020900 1281007208_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Thanks Jo

That makes it easier.

Will send Mr Finnis a Pm and see what his plans are. :)

And Claire if you cant drive I am sure we can pick you up on route if needs be.

Paul S

Thanks Paul, X-Ray was clear so with some help from drugs via the docs , should be ok to drive, C

Posted

Just another quickie for you all.

It seems you will all be famous at this event as well. Hope Ian (Host) does not mind but Paul M Has arranged for a Local Journo to be present at the day and he/she is going to run a story in the local rag with pictures and interviews etc. So they will be our guest for the day as well so make sure you are all on your best behaviour and dont slag the management off too much... :):p

Paul S

Posted

The Ecm is a corker for the BBQ, Hot and dry, But Dont believe any of it!!,but it certainly looks good!! :):p:p :excl:

post-6830-048558300 1281035699_thumb.png

post-6830-063981100 1281035755_thumb.png

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

Will probably still be cool northwesterlies :pardon: So bring your fleeces for those sitting out late into the evening!

Posted

Really looking forward to this now and so is Laura :lol: Got our tent sorted and hopefully should have my highlights dvd done too! :pardon:

Posted

Hi Jo, I'm planning to leave Paul's ranch in Leigh-on-Sea with the boys around 11am. Route planner says it will take 3 hrs to get to Evesham, so hopefully be at Ian's house around 2pm traffic permitting.

Posted

Thanks Nick :help:

Thats what time I'm planning to leave - I've told Harry I'll be at Lakeside for 11.30 and then Upminser about 12.

See you on the M25 :wallbash:

Posted

See you on the M25 :wallbash:

Hopefully not in a traffic jam :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Hope it's not too late to upgrade my 'Maybe Attending' to a 'Probably Attending'. Still not 100% sure I can make it, but should know by the end of this weekend. Got the following Monday booked off work for recovery reasons now so I'm fairly confident :wallbash: