Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

MAF

Feel just like a dog awaiting scraps from a rich roast dinner with this 'wet rain' offering....time for a treat for the SE!

so is it still rain there, or anyting more wintry coming down? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

so is it still rain there, or anyting more wintry coming down? smile.gif

Even in North Oxfordshire just light rain all the frost gone

I had a tiny bit of snow left from Thursday nights event thats all gone now

Its all tracked further north it appears

Posted

well i never expected anything here in London, so am not disappointed that its just rain here. am getting fed up walking the dog on wet grass though. so a dry warmish spell would be welcome by me :lol:

:lol: just checked out the next 5 days and seems my feet wil be getting wet walking the dog all week :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Awww, just imagining if this torrential rain had been snow!

Raint outlook for us this comming week then, boooo!

Posted

Heavy rain here turning a bit sleety. Maybe i might see a snowflake or two here. smile.gif

not convinced dew points are low enough for us in the SE/London area BB :D

Posted

Yes...Exactly what's happened....Annoyingly, the 528 dam line skirts with our part of the world compared to that of more northern parts. Shame...This has been shown on the models. the 528 rises and leaves us under the 546 which brings boring cold rain all next week and briefly returns during NEXT weekend...It looks a similar set-up for us though even and IF it does return - RAIN, YET AGAIN...:D

Edited by snowfish

Posted

Exactly what I was just thinking :D

Never mind, if theres no snow then next i will look for spring sunshine and warmth (not much chance of that right now either booo again!)

Posted

Heavy rain currently here...have a feeling I might be saying that a lot this week.wallbash.gif

I don't mind it being warmer outside if theres no snow but I hate, and I mean HATE rain.mad.gif

Posted

Moscow model WMC 00Z 84h is showing very cold uppers on Wednesday. This is very interesting :shok::shok:

post-2721-12667489562217_thumb.png

Posted

Moscow model WMC 00Z 84h is showing very cold uppers on Wednesday. This is very interesting :shok::shok:

-4 uppers for here, need it colder than that to even make it marginal this time of year surely?

Edited by jasonuk

Posted

Moscow model WMC 00Z 84h is showing very cold uppers on Wednesday. This is very interesting :o :o

Trouble is is that none of the other models think the same (it would be good as I would be JUST in the minus eights, that output looks a bit far fetched to me anyway..

I know your trying to be positive but me reckons its a damp squib this week.nonono.gif

Edited by Weathizard

Posted

70+mm of rain forecast here between now and Thur.

What a snowfest that could have been! ...more than 2ft of snow!

Back to reality ..... anyone for a spot of flooding?? :o

Edited by Kiwi

Posted

who cares!! no matter where it snows, it aint gonna last that long anyway. whats the point?? oh look its snowing.. yipppeee its settling. next day "oh its melted" waste of time at this time of year.

cmon, lets get spring in and warmer weather :o then we all look at the radar for the storms.

Posted

a couple of things

firstly, you may as well draw your own output as look at the moscow model - you'd likely be more accurate.

secondly, warmer air holds more moisture - hence the impressive rainfall totals shown under warmer uppers this week. if it were cold enough for snow, the forecast totals would be lower.

for those of you who want a half full glass option, the ecm shows a blizzard for the southeast at T168/T192. for the more realistic posters, that is pretty well fi so its eye candy for the time being but not impossible, now it appears that we may get a separation in the trough to allow some cold to swing south later in the week.

Posted

so CountryTracks weather confirming a wet week ahead in the SE and possible back edge snow on friday. but very shortlived and on northern edge of our area. :)

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

A forgettable week ahead weatherwise for this region.

If the crisp weather with snow showers isn't going to return, then roll on some longer days and a bit of sunshine

Posted

Moscow model WMC 00Z 84h is showing very cold uppers on Wednesday. This is very interesting :yahoo::)

Oh dear, nail in coffin time when someone gets desperate enough to dig out the Moscow runs ROFL

At least the rainfall totals will provide something interesting to watch with the weather this week, given the drab crap I've had for the last month I'll take that.

Posted

I think we can pretty much safely say that us in the southern counties have had it now for long lasting snow this Winter. Of course that's not say that we won't see any more snow until next Winter, as we have until mid April for that. However, any lying snow now IMO is likely to be the type that will melt away within a few hours, like April 6th 2008. Obviously though I would still welcome another event like that.

Edited by Don

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

The April 2008 snow event was truly fantastic for the time of year. An afternoon of steady continuous moderate snow that settled up to a few cms and continued right until dusk and timed perfectly for skies to then clear and temps plunged so that the snow sparkled under a starry sky and was there for a picture postcard look the following morning. The very best you could hope for, that late oncold.gifgood.gif

I saved some of that Spring snow before it melted for posterity lol! and put it in a tupperware box in the freezer ( I know, I'm a bit of a sad bint!crazy.gif )

So yes, plenty of time for an event such as that to occur - but in the absence of all that, then simply some dry weather and sunshine would be very welcome. I really hate atlantic wind and rain!

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Oh joy, a week of Rain in London/SE

yeah i know. :rolleyes: am fed up with getting soaked feet walking the dog over wet grass everyday. was hoping for a dry spell this coming week. (if i wasn't going to snow that is) :)