Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 10

Posted

I think the snow in Peterborough will stop in an hour or so but Norwich looks like it may get a hammering.... anyone there to report?

Just stopped here... looking on Radar I think thats our lot for today..... Bring on the snowball fighting!! lol

Posted

Good morning folks!

After snowing lightly with a little sleet here and there it is now snowing heavily here in Heacham, just witnessed those huge flakes people mentionned earlier! ohmy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Do you mean the '47'? If yes, then then that is about 4-5 miles north of where I am but by looking at the radar it is getting pasting like we have had for the last couple of hours.

Will be driving to Spalding (about 20 miles to the north and east) at about 10 to pick up my daughter, i'm not sure whether I am looking forward to the drive or not!

No, I mean Stagecoach service 46 :D

Posted

Snow still falling here.

I shall post a quick update after viewing the 06Z models.

I will say though that tonight the temps could drop quiet low prior to the front moving N. I reckon in the Peterborough area the mins will drop to around -3/-4C tonight. Our max temps should only be around 3C today.

Yep I tend to agree with you on that one, I suspect if the precip arrives in the early hours there is no reason why it won't be snowfall right from the word go, but it does rather depend on the cloud cover amounts tonight I suppose!

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

It's been a lousy week for weather in norwich and towards Gt Yarmouth, always seem just that little bit to warm.(Grey and cold and drizzly is not my favourite) (Sorry I just needed to get that grumble out if my system!)

Looks like some of you have had some nice conditions and more to come, just hoping it may move over us here towards the east of norfolk but having looked at the models it seems we are not in a good spot. I may have to go out for a drive, where is the best spot this week do you think?(In this area I mean)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not normal for the UK

Just stopped here... looking on Radar I think thats our lot for today..... Bring on the snowball fighting!! lol

Cant believe were in a thaw already! it's falling off cars now and melting fast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Good morning folks!

After snowing lightly with a little sleet here and there it is now snowing heavily here in Heacham, just witnessed those huge flakes people mentionned earlier! ohmy.gif

Yes Beth they were totally massive for a while weren't they - easing off a bit now and I think it will all be melted come lunchtime.

Posted

Only love

Can make it rain

The way the beach is kissed by the sea

Only love

Can make it rain

Like the sweat of lovers

Laying in the fields.

Yes it's raining.

Edited by John London

Posted

Bad news for tomorrow according to the NAE.

The LP is further S and we miss much of the precip. Still this could change on the 12Zs.

Posted

Cant believe were in a thaw already! it's falling off cars now and melting fast!

I know!! wallbash.gif I hear drip drip already!!! grrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Morning, we had a good covering here with big flakes of snow falling. But had also started to thaw quite quick, not sure if it rained after.

Its so depressing looking at the BBC map of our region! Just 40 mile up the road in northampton its snow and here its rain!!!!!wallbash.gif

Current temp/dew - 2c/2c.

Posted

I know!! wallbash.gif I hear drip drip already!!! grrrr

Temps are still at 0C.

Can't say i've noticed much thawing except on the roofs and the cars. The reason the snow falls off the cars easily is due to the heavy, wet type snow compared to Decs dry, powder.

The roads/paths will thaw quickly in the sun but the snow on the grass should largely remain.

Posted

Bad news for tomorrow according to the NAE.

The LP is further S and we miss much of the precip. Still this could change on the 12Zs.

I dont get it TEITS! I though we wanted it further south so we would end up on the NW side. Are you looking at it from an IMBY POV and is this better for southern parts of the region?

Posted

i can never trust the bbc 5 day outlooknonono.gif

but tomorrow could be intresting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/345?area=NN2

Remember the NAE has downgraded tomorrows snow. Much of the precip remains to the S. This could change on the 12Zs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Heavy sleet initially in Norwich now turning to snow, starting to settle, but I don't expect much on the ground from this. Still, I had a feeling it might just be rain, so snow is a bonus.

Posted

I dont get it TEITS! I though we wanted it further south so we would end up on the NW side. Are you looking at it from an IMBY POV and is this better for southern parts of the region?

If the precip is further S then this doesn't mean the risk of snow is further S. Looking at the NAE much of the precip is of rain. The upper temps are -3C across my location but further S they are around 0C.

Posted

If the precip is further S then this doesn't mean the risk of snow is further S. Looking at the NAE much of the precip is of rain. The upper temps are -3C across my location but further S they are around 0C.

Oh great, so its a lose for everyone. IS there actually chance further south could see some snow this week or will we just carry on with the torrential rain?

Posted

Remember the NAE has downgraded tomorrows snow. Much of the precip remains to the S. This could change on the 12Zs.

Certainly will be interesting to see what the 12z NAE makes of it, I'm always hesitant to flip my expectations based on one run when all the other models are going for something else, however the NAE is made for stuff like this so we shall see.

All I'll say is the NAE tends to if anything be a little too south in recent times with its evolutions, esp with todays set-up, it had the northern limit around the Wasdh reigon, in truth its *well* north of there, so whilst it is a good model I'm not sure I'd have to confidence to call it...

However saying that the GFS also shifted SE on its 06z run conpared to the 0z run so maybe there is something in it...12z runs are going to be most interesting!

Posted

We had the lightest of dustings this morning - then sleet/rain which washed away a lot of it. Then it stopped for a bit and now back to heavy rain with some sleet mixed in.

I guess that's my lot for this winter then... nonono.gif

Hope you lot further north get some more tomorrow smile.gif