Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 10

Posted

The heavy snow we had earlier has now gone and turned to light rain. No flakes at all. Hopefully it will turn back soon before it washes it all away..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

An update on how the snow fell this morning in Hampton Peterborough just over the road from MrsF, ... 5.45am frosty and cloudy but no rain or precipitation of any kind over night. Re awoke at 7 to a good dusting but snow had stopped. Started again at approx 7.15ish and hasn't stopped since, along the way some massive flakes possibly the biggest I have seen since the 80's. Wonderful stuff.

Been lurking forever, about time I posted!

BTW, TEITS you are the man!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

we had snow here in luton started to get a covering ............and then it turned to rain an washed away what we had!!!wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifdry.gif

Im not impressed and if i go by what everyone seems to be saying we aint getting any more now anyways!!!!! unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

An update on how the snow fell this morning in Hampton Peterborough just over the road from MrsF, ... 5.45am frosty and cloudy but no rain or precipitation of any kind over night. Re awoke at 7 to a good dusting but snow had stopped. Started again at approx 7.15ish and hasn't stopped since, along the way some massive flakes possibly the biggest I have seen since the 80's. Wonderful stuff.

Hopefully Hampton won't be too bad for our drivers on the 46 tomorrow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well no snow here JUST RAIN RAIN RAIN. To be honst i think if you live north of luton bedford your laughing. Thiink REDBOURN,ST ALBANS WELWYN GDN AREAS HAVE HAD THERE QUOTER AND THAT WAS 4 WEEKS AGO.

cray.gif BOO HOO.

Posted

Latest BBC weather forecast for tomorrow has just said it will be plain old rain for us in our region. A line from Bristol to the wash, to the south will see rain most of the day. North of that line will see heavy snow for most of the day.....Grrr.Typical. !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not normal for the UK

Anybody want to take a punt on tomorrow being a snowy day????

Posted

Hopefully Hampton won't be too bad for our drivers on the 46 tomorrow...

Do you mean the '47'? If yes, then then that is about 4-5 miles north of where I am but by looking at the radar it is getting pasting like we have had for the last couple of hours.

Will be driving to Spalding (about 20 miles to the north and east) at about 10 to pick up my daughter, i'm not sure whether I am looking forward to the drive or not!

Posted

Anybody north of Bedford could be happy tomorrow, south of bedford they might be not happy.

Posted

just started sleeting again after stopping completly for 20 mins. skies not that dark tho, so i dont think it will come to much. I think we have had all we are getting today.

Posted

It's stopped here and the radar doesn't show any more coming through. It has snowed solidly for two hours with massive flakes, yet we haven't even had an inch. The sun will be out soon. If it's anything like the past few days, the snow will all be gone within half an hour because the sun was so warm. I just wish this winter would go out with a huge bang. This time last year I had nearly a foot of snow in my garden. Although this winter has been great for cold and we've had more snow on more days than I can remember, we haven't had any "significant" snowfall like Kent and the south experienced at Christmas. The most we had was an inch or so just before Christmas, which is better than nothing, but I'm getting greedy in my old age :D

Posted

Anybody north of Bedford could be happy tomorrow, south of bedford they might be not happy.

I will take that, Cambridge is about 5 miles north of Bedford :D Hopeing for a upgrade today.... Still snowing here but lightly and more sleety

Posted

Welcome Marc!! Still falling well on the other side of the parkway!!Lol Absolutely massive flakes about 8am!!!drinks.gif

Posted

Seems a regular thing at the minute :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Strange how the rain/snow border seems to be right through the Wash, where I live and it's doing just that - snow rain snow rain snow rain - grey and vile.

Posted

Welcome Marc!! Still falling well on the other side of the parkway!!Lol Absolutely massive flakes about 8am!!!drinks.gif

Yeah welcome although i was the same, ages until i posted anything! Not stop snow for couple of hours now, they were truly huge this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

not for us down here lolwallbash.gif

Posted

Snow still falling here.

I shall post a quick update after viewing the 06Z models.

I will say though that tonight the temps could drop quiet low prior to the front moving N. I reckon in the Peterborough area the mins will drop to around -3/-4C tonight. Our max temps should only be around 3C today.

Posted

"yet we haven't even had an inch"

"Although this winter has been great for cold and we've had more snow on more days than I can remember, we haven't had any "significant" snowfall like Kent and the south experienced at Christmas"

Funny, what 12 miles to your north and it is all laying, I guess about an inch and a bit at the mo'. I do agree though on your second statement but how close have we been on so many occasions?!

Posted

just watched the weather forecast on sky for tomorrow.whistling.gif looks like a repeat of today.

A little more detail? :drinks:

Posted

A little more detail? tongue.gif

Rain turning to snow on its northern edge. 7-10cm possible

Rain in Cambridge laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

I think the snow in Peterborough will stop in an hour or so but Norwich looks like it may get a hammering.... anyone there to report?

Posted

Rain turning to snow on its northern edge. 7-10cm possible

Rain in Cambridge :drinks:biggrin.gif

No I watched it and Im pretty sure it said snow for most on its northern edge except Northampton because there is a new snow shield being built there today! :p