Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

looking in the model discussions it appears not to be looking very good for wales at all... it is depressing. I know it is greedy but I really really want all the excitement again of lamp post watching. It could all change though, so head up..

At the moment there is precip showing thursday into friday - it could be marginal due to a warm sector - meaning rain/sleet/snow - too early really to tell but it's looking like we'll have something then snow likely further east and rain more likely further west - although there may be a backedge snow feature to this also! - interesting feature starting to show up for sunday night into monday now aswell - an atlantic north westerly frontal system with it's own atlantic pm air embedded could well deliver some snow into monday morning for wales!

IMO it is looking the wrong side of marginal into Friday, although things are looking better for you. So looking similar to what happened on Saturday 20th December last year.

However this is showing classic snow streamer territory into Saturday. We all know what this can bring, however a slight change in wind direction and things can easily change.

post-213-12644428773128_thumb.png

Posted

Round 2 of the Snow ahead? :D

Its looking excellent for us in wales nnw wind friday saturday i personally think we see more snow this weekend than we did in january with the old favorite irish sea streamer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Its looking excellent for us in wales nnw wind friday saturday i personally think we see more snow this weekend than we did in january with the old favorite irish sea streamer.

don't think so, we had quite alot of snow here, don't think i will see that much again for some time

Posted

Nice argument to have great winter so far lol.Hold that chart for friday jack one lovely kink in isobars.

Edited by keithlucky

don't think so, we had quite alot of snow here, don't think i will see that much again for some time

I agree, to be honest.

Nice argument to have great winter so far lol.Hold that chart for friday jack one lovely kink in isobars.

But still very good synoptic prospects for this weekend, however this can change.

Posted

Hi all looking forward to thurs fri and weekend lol hope we get some more of the white stuff as there is only patches left on bwlch and kids want to build another snow monster. and it was great being on here for a few days while it was all happening,i missed it so come on lets go again lol,also we built a sledge and want to try it out well not me the wife and kids. she can go first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

I like that fax chart, the 18z t-108h to t-120h is quite simular with a streamer.

Not expecting anything here friday- beacuse as that low develops to our NW some milder air in the Atlantic gets wrapped around it:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rtavn782.png

So for western/SW areas of the UK rain seems the most likely outcome, perhaps East Wales eastwards for snow? Still something to watch.

Of course as Arctic air floods southwards the milder upper air temperatures are forced out:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rtavn902.png

Then for snow showers a flow from the NW/NNW is our best option, of course the models may change and have a N/NE flow which wouldnt be much good for us but so far quite promising.

I like that fax chart, the 18z t-108h to t-120h is quite simular with a streamer.

Not expecting anything here friday- beacuse as that low develops to our NW some milder air in the Atlantic gets wrapped around it:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rtavn782.png

So for western/SW areas of the UK rain seems the most likely outcome, perhaps East Wales eastwards for snow? Still something to watch.

Of course as Arctic air floods southwards the milder upper air temperatures are forced out:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rtavn902.png

Then for snow showers a flow from the NW/NNW is our best option, of course the models may change and have a N/NE flow which wouldnt be much good for us but so far quite promising.

Agree with all of that, very much a case of model watching as we get closer to the time.