Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

this band has not moved in an hour, just sitting there just to our west, surprising that its 3c in bournmouth, its only 1c here and im right on the coast to,

true..painfully slow...

however hasnt it intensified over bournemouth in half an hour???..

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

yes, there is still time and still hope...

Posted

hmmm :closedeyes: might get here in time for the rush hour then...........on friday........as rain <_<

ROFL, really wouldn't surprise me, there are some sick, sadistic people controlling our weather; I mean I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad, they have me spend a week following snizzle around on a radar, setup streamers left, right and centre of me (yeah no kidding) and now that they've decided to pull the curtains across on their twisted little drama, I have to do the same thing I did when this sorry mess started - watch all the exciting stuff stall to the west of me again. .

If that's not sick then what is?

EDIT: liking the latest NAE! - or is this another sick twist?

EDIT 2 : do what, I didn't type some of that stuff?? lol ?

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

http://expert.weathe...011312_1218.gif

Gotta love the lates from NAE...

WOW looks quite good for our area.........maybe we could see a bit more snow

fingers crossed :closedeyes:

Posted

true..painfully slow...

however hasnt it intensified over bournemouth in half an hour???..

it does appear to be gaiing strength, over the IOW area which is a good sign. however just played back the radar and the last time it shifted eastwards was at 8:50. it has stalled since then.

at least before it arrives the temps here are dropping so hopefully we be less marginal especially inland.

Edited by thegreat316

Posted

waiting waiting for the 10 oclock radar .........to show ....(please laptop dont crash on me)...........................aggressive.gif ..... some movement...about less than half a mile and less intensity.. i cant take much morewallbash.gif bed for me for sure...http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

ROFL, really wouldn't surprise me, there are some sick, sadistic people controlling our weather; I mean I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad, they have me spend a week following snizzle around on a radar, setup streamers left, right and centre of me (yeah no kidding) and now that they've decided to pull the curtains across on their twisted little drama, I have to do the same thing I did when this sorry mess started - watch all the exciting stuff stall to the west of me again. .

If that's not sick then what is?

EDIT: liking the latest NAE! - or is this another sick twist?

EDIT 2 : do what, I didn't type some of that stuff?? lol ?

Yes that's sick, least I got a cm or two but can't believe the hours I've put in on the forums and radar for that pawltry amount! and still i'm here...

Posted

Yes that's sick, least I got a cm or two but can't believe the hours I've put in on the forums and radar for that pawltry amount! and still i'm here...

TBH there are people that ended a lot worse than me, we still have snow lying in our street here, but we got nearly all that we have from 1 small helping last wednesday.

BTW the GFS 18z is really struggling to get the band over to us even by midday tomorrow!!

Very sick game :yahoo: :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just a quickie. Anybody from the SE.London/NW.Kent area have any stats so far this winter for no. of snow falling days,

snow lying days, min. temps recorded and other temp. stats.

Would much appreciate if you could post them.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

, I have to do the same thing I did when this sorry mess started - watch all the exciting stuff stall to the west of me again. .

You think you have problems, It has stalled about 3/4 miles west of me! :wallbash:

Posted

You think you have problems, It has stalled about 3/4 miles west of me! :wallbash:

Sorry weren't you told? You can smell it but don't touch it! :p

Very unlucky, how did you do from last tuesday nights staller?

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted

TBH there are people that ended a lot worse than me, we still have snow lying in our street here, but we got nearly all that we have from 1 small helping last wednesday.

BTW the GFS 18z is really struggling to get the band over to us even by midday tomorrow!!

Very sick game :wallbash::p

How's the campaign going?

Posted

, I have to do the same thing I did when this sorry mess started - watch all the exciting stuff stall to the west of me again. .

We should all go out with our hoovers and suck it over this way, obviously needs a hand! :p

Posted

You think you have problems, It has stalled about 3/4 miles west of me! wallbash.gif

but be fair i think it has moved about 600 metres.....

Posted

It hasnt even started snowing in our area yet and some of you are already calling it another disappointing evening. Places further west, that are milder, have been getting snow. If you were expecting a dumping out of this then you have been mislead or have not followed the models/forecasts properly. The most we were ever going to get was a few cm's, and if we do get that i'll be very happy. At the end of the day there has been at least some snow on the ground for a week now. How often can you say that in London of all places?

I have to agree with you completely. Not wishing to have a moan but really, some folk need to get a grip. Its weather....governed by nature, its not an exact science, or a reality tv show...... thankfully. There are so many possible outcomes, especially in the UK with its ( usually ) maritime temperate climate. A change of 1c either way or a 100m elevation can make all the difference. Thats what makes it all the more interesting for me.

Now, what time is my blizzard due exactly ? cool.gif

Posted

ame='coldfingers' date='12 January 2010 - 22:10 ' timestamp='1263334257' post='1742471']

but be fair i think it has moved about 600 metres.....

that's just too slow to stay up and watch - am off to bed (with a 3am snowcheck programmed in)

Posted

Sorry weren't you told? You can smell it but don't touch it! :lol:

Very unlucky, how did you do from last tuesday nights staller?

Tuesday evening started wonderfully with really heavy snow which settled quickly and was really building up in thickness, then..... we had an hour and a half of rain on top of it!! I couldn't believe it didn't all melt away but instead it just reduced the volume down to 2 inches and that's all we got except for the ocassional

light shower topping it up. Hence I don't believe I will see anything but rain from this event that is even more marginal for me.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Patience, the slower it moves the longer it will snow over you all - particularly as it will not be that heavy. Hasn't really moved much by 3am according to GFS:

post-1052-12633350419728_thumb.png

Posted

that's just too slow to stay up and watch - am off to bed (with a 3am snowcheck programmed in)

I am only staying up because I got the munchies and put a baking spud in the oven and it wont be ready until 11:00pm.

Well food never disappoints. :pardon: