Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Very heavy snow here now, smallish flakes but really blowing around in the wind!! :)

Radar seems to show the area getting more intense which is good news. Im assuming that this is the trough ahead of the main band? Any updates on the main band its self, Steve M, Paul?

Matt :)

Posted

Again..

What time is the main band expected to hit?

Also

Anyone noticed it's colder outside!

Yeah I'd like to know as well. Looking outside and the radar I think this is it. How long will it last is the question. All night and tomorrow hopefully :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Judging by the radar it looks as though more of an easterly wind component is kicking in.

Again no , it's still nne ne

It's been the same all day and yesterday , the only thing that has changed is the winds are much stronger and forcing the showers further west!

:) :)

Posted

Uh oh... looked out the window and can see the gutter dripping and can hear water cascading off the roof into it... I think it's thawing :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

slowed down in intensity in strood. few flurries now

Posted

lol no , people have been saying that since 6pm yesterday..... the winds are still nne/ne :)

Well can they blo*dy shift around to the E so I can get some proper snow. Going out now, fed up watching and waiting. :)

Posted

Kent snow i guess i won't be getting my daughter back to her student house this weekend? have you had it really bad there cause it is so heavy here the roads are covered and i fear i will not be able to get out for a good while.

Most of the main roads in Canterbury we're generally clear but if this snow continue to fall as heavy as it is, they'll be a bit dodgy.

Edited by Kent Snow

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

not suprised to hear roads between lenham & ashford are starting to be closed .... esp the A20 as per my previous posts.

temp continues to drop -0.1c now. Anyone know why they have dropped in the last hour or so - more of an easterly element to the wind now perhaps so more off the continent rather than north sea ?

Posted

Very light snow in Woolwich

Yep same here but holding breath for a huge heavy shower or more prolonged snow ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

BLACK = MAIN BAND

RED = TROUGH

y06m9.jpg

Just compared it :) :)

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

lol no , people have been saying that since 6pm yesterday..... the winds are still nne/ne ;)

:) Is it ever going to turn!! I swear it was forecast to happen a few days ago, but keeps on changing slightly last minute and getting put back!?

Uh oh... looked out the window and can see the gutter dripping and can hear water cascading off the roof into it... I think it's thawing :)

I wouldn't worry too much, it may just be the warmth of your house due to central heating, which rises out through the roof, hence warming the lying snow. I've had it going on for the snow on my roof for a while now, it was even dripping rapidly last night at -5C so at least for me it isn't connected to the outside temperature. On the plus side the dripping water is freezing quickly and forming some awesome widespread icecles along the guttering :)

Posted

radar-precipitations.png

Radar shot of France.

You can see the showers piling over the channel from Calais. What about that huge area in South Central France, where is that headed, please tell me that is heading our way? :yahoo:

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

This from uk.sci.weather..

"OE-QuoteFixAnyone interested in less cold conditions or wishes to watch progress of

less cold air then the wind veer from SE/E to W/SW will be a very good

indicator in this situation. The boundary, will of course be a front, ahead

of the front there will be very heavy snow/blizzards with temperatures -1C

to zeroC, as the front goes through snow and wind will ease down and it will

turn rainy with temperatures very slowly rising but also turning very murky

and gloomy as milder air mixes with cold ground. At present this milder air

looks like only reaching Cornwall and possibly far SW of Devon. This is a

classic west country snow situation with big wet sticky flakes driven on by

a strong to gale ESE wind. Tuesday should be the "big day". Of course if the

front pushes further north and east then all hell could break loose :yahoo: This

is why I guess forecasts are "cagey" at present."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Will (Haytor, Devon, 1017 feet asl)

This guy (Will Hand) predicted this wekks and weeks ago and his posts are well worth following!

Posted

KENTSNOW

Hi I have to organize a 4x4 to go and get one of our shift replacements from Minnis Bay from Sandwich,how was it by the airport/runway mainroad side?

The A299 opposite the runway has been closed since this morning. Car on roof in a ditch. You can cut round the B2050. Main problem is snow drifting off the fields. One minute the roads fine, next corner there's 6 inches etc.