Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

5-9C? I doubt that very much

Yeah i know, thats the problem, everything else on the weather station works fine apart from the thermometer, im not sure its its just cause its in direct sun or if its just dodgy, but i have digital thermometer coming soon i hope so will use that when it gets here as can then put it on the shed in the shade!!

Posted

I thought I had cheered you up mate - me and you against the english!

Haha :good: Do you reckon its sensible saying that on a forum with say around 400 welsh members compared to the thousands of English ones :lol: ahh what the hell gotta agree with you mate, Cymru am byth :p I reckon you've got a bit of a nationalist sentiment to you ;) Not that I'm complaining couldn't agree more :D

Posted

Haha :) Do you reckon its sensible saying that on a forum with say around 400 welsh members compared to the thousands of English ones :) ahh what the hell gotta agree with you mate, Cymru am byth :) I reckon you've got a bit of a nationalist sentiment to you ;) Not that I'm complaining couldn't agree more :)

I never used to wanna be like that - I like to take people as i find them - but I hate the way people live up in London - the stress and non community spirit up there really gets me down + I've heard of no end of cheeky/nasty comments from the english directed at us, so I suppose I have to defend myself. But I'm a musician and we musical types don't really like upsetting others - peace not war then - but I'm not having anyone put me down!

Posted

I never used to wanna be like that - I like to take people as i find them - but I hate the way people live up in London - the stress and non community spirit up there really gets me down + I've heard of no end of cheeky/nasty comments from the english directed at us, so I suppose I have to defend myself. But I'm a musician and we musical types don't really like upsetting others - peace not war then - but I'm not having anyone put me down!

Hehe oh I can play the piano all though Im no Mozart :). And well that's the way too be and the comments directed towards us are disgusting but tbh it's jelousy at the most, Ok they have theyre wealth and theyr massive infastructure but they don't have social community/family spirit that is still strong in Wales. And tbh I think it shows the phsykes of different people. Welsh people we are far more relaxed and passionate about how we feel and we are an emotional nation i would say. Where this doesn't really exist in England anymore.

Posted

I've just noticed, has the wind now changed to more of an easterly now on the radar as everything seems to be changing direction or am I not seeing things right - that big wadge of snow over Kent seems to be coming our way

Posted

Can somebody with a bit of weather knowledge explain this to me. All the winds for the next 48 hours appear to be from the north east. All the precipiation on the radar is moving down from the north east, so why do the bbc keep talking about precipitation heading north west??? ahhhh.....

Posted

Well going from the current output you've got a point but it will undoubtly change before then so whether we agree or not will be irrelevant by this time tomorrow :yahoo:. I suggest you take a holiday up to the valley untill wednesday :yahoo:.

Im giving that some serious thought

Posted

Im giving that some serious thought

Haha Well let me know what you decide to do :wacko: I want you to see our snow :blink:. People are saying they havent seen depths like this since 81 however if the wind picks up drifting could cause a problem again, And I'm thinking it was fine light snow that cause that event in those days could it happen again?

Posted

Can somebody with a bit of weather knowledge explain this to me. All the winds for the next 48 hours appear to be from the north east. All the precipiation on the radar is moving down from the north east, so why do the bbc keep talking about precipitation heading north west??? ahhhh.....

the wind direction is changing now to an easterly and then a south easterly which will mean precip will move north west

Posted

the wind direction is changing now to an easterly and then a south easterly which will mean precip will move north west

Yes you can see the clouds are starting to change driection here also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Cheers what are the chances of that band over london reaching cardiff and swansea???

it will sunday afternoon

Posted

Cheers what are the chances of that band over london reaching cardiff and swansea???

That's what we are progged to get eventually - so it's started - eyes on the radar

Posted

That's what we are progged to get eventually - so it's started - eyes on the radar

so is that it then we jus look at the radar and hope for the best.looks like it will be here way before tomorrow afternoon then :D

Posted

so is that it then we jus look at the radar and hope for the best.looks like it will be here way before tomorrow afternoon then :D

that is wot i think seems to be coming hard and fast

Posted

GFS had it arriving here tonight sometime so yes it's on it's way now

Posted

Yes I reckon we should see the first snoflakes falling from this system around midnight tonight right through. We still have flakes blowing in the wind have done all day it's been very seasonal must admit.

Posted

sorry this might be a bit off topic but my car is currently stuck in the snow on a country lane in Ponty - it's an S60 2002 volvo - went to try and retrieve it with a farmer's tractor and unfortunately I found to my cost that my towing eye (the bit that you screw into the front of the car to have it towed) is flippin missing - I can't get one from Volvos cause all there parts dept are shut - I did have someone ring me from merthyr with a possible 2002 s60 towing eye but his friend has it and he can't get hold of him - I was just wondering if anyone on here either has a 2002 s60 with a towing eye i can borrow or knows someone with that type of car that might do me the favour of getting it to me so I can get my car out.

Posted

Yes I reckon we should see the first snoflakes falling from this system around midnight tonight right through. We still have flakes blowing in the wind have done all day it's been very seasonal must admit.

I hear the snow is going to be light but consistent, in your opinion can this sometimes be better than a short burst of heavy snow or not ???

Posted

I hear the snow is going to be light but consistent, in your opinion can this sometimes be better than a short burst of heavy snow or not ???

yep - and the drifting from the easterly winds will pile it up too

Posted

sorry this might be a bit off topic but my car is currently stuck in the snow on a country lane in Ponty - it's an S60 2002 volvo - went to try and retrieve it with a farmer's tractor and unfortunately I found to my cost that my towing eye (the bit that you screw into the front of the car to have it towed) is flippin missing - I can't get one from Volvos cause all there parts dept are shut - I did have someone ring me from merthyr with a possible 2002 s60 towing eye but his friend has it and he can't get hold of him - I was just wondering if anyone on here either has a 2002 s60 with a towing eye i can borrow or knows someone with that type of car that might do me the favour of getting it to me so I can get my car out.

andy let me see if i can help you with it. cannot promise anything but we run volvo 4x4s but mine is in garage at moment. will speak to our engineers and see if i can sort something for you. would a flatbed truck which can revoer it be any easier? we have permanent ones on call already paid for, so as long as you make out your one of our employees that can work too!! let me know. where is your car exactly?

Posted

GFS has us down for moderately heavy snow over night sunday to monday and then the blizzard of the decade on tuesday!!!!!!!!!

And the 1st round goes to - COLD - YEAH!!!!!!!!! sends that pesky mild on it's way back to the bahamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

blizzard at the Emirates Stadium, as per Netweather correspondent Jeff Stelling!

:)